Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,877 Member
    Options

Good morning Sara~~

Woohoo on your NSVs! What are you eating to boost the potassium?

I wish all nutrition labels had potassium included. Decades ago, milk had the potassium listed, and I was pleasantly shocked as to how much it had. Good for you with easing the leg cramps!

I have therapist and maybe some grocery shopping to do.

*beach bag and steamy adventure novel on lounge chair for later*

The Cabana Boys have a great TGIF Happy Hour in store for us.

Lana

240.8 today
    250.0 highest
    222.0 interim goal for Dec birthday
    185.0 goal
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning,

Window open and fans on, lower 90's and need to air out a little.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from work.

LOL WI is forecasted to be in the high 50's by the end of the day, my house is all opened up as well! Humidity has been annoying. I just took lots of butternut squash out from my garden. Looking forward to this great winter food!

My inlaws 50th wedding anniversary party this weekend. We planned a surprise - so far it is a surprise! I am hoping I will be too busy arranging stuff to eat too much.
    Hoping to get a good long hike in tomorrow.
    Have a great weekend all!
    Lynn
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,345 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Lana - potassium for me is sweet potato, banana, broccoli, dried date, freeze dried banana, cooked spinach and kale - not all of these daily, but so far sweet potato (slice of) banana and dried date - broccoli in mac and cheese for dinner so a "little".

Also told Kiwi and Orange Juice has a lot of Potassium but too much citric acid for me. Mushrooms are also a good source and the 2 recipes I have considered making this weekend have mushrooms.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    I played the Mister Rogers google tribute a couple of times today - at home so I could sing along - do not remember all the words.

Tricked dog by putting her meds in her dry/wet food she would not eat her liverwurst. For now it worked.

Seems I have to give another blood test - I hope this one is not a fast - it is in "2 weeks" - to see if my electrolytes are higher. Lovely like I have nothing better to do. Hope I can have more than 1 appointment on that day. This is getting a little old, but has to get done.

Heading towards Lana's Palm Tree to sit in hammock with Miss T. Will bring box of dried but not pitted dates, good source of potassium/magnesium - can be eaten slowly and enjoyed.

Wishing all a good night.
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Spending a lazy day out in our backyard. The children love exploring! I've walked 7000 steps this morning to the local shops, and eaten very well. So I'm pretty happy
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Dog not eating her food yet, we shall see. We have an Air Show in Sacramento and the noise is loud. Dog to Vet tomorrow for her bi-annual physical.

Regular errands today. Hoping for nap in between loud planes?? Back now for more sleep while it is quiet.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

One eye open.....Sun is up!

Lana

240.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Went to my last baseball game of the season; since the Nationals are not for n the playoffs, there will be no more baseball in DC after September until next April.

LOTS of walking yesterday and today. I also did some concentrated core muscle exercises yesterday. Only 15 minutes worth but my stomach muscles are very sore today! All good since I overindulged at the ballpark.

Waves to all. Curling up with a good book and my favorite blanket tonight. Rain again all day tomorrow.

Tess
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,790 Member
    Options
    Still dealing with snow here in Alberta.4uas5jd8l656.jpeg
  • Rocky_Runa
    Rocky_Runa Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I was asleep for the huge bulk of the last three days. Just crashed & was worn out. Virtual race going well. Diamond Art coming along. Just have to ice back, neck, knee, and shins for a minute. So, thought I’d catch up on thread. Can’t wait until cooler temps come. Walking late at night is not the safest thing, but I can’t do the humidity down here. Used to the north and it would be way cool by now.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Dog up and fed and taking meds, that and dishwasher full of clean dishes are making me happy.

Groceries, dog to Vet for most of day - which means I can vacuum freely- and cooking one of my two recipes - neither is too laborious so I can make other after work tomorrow. Yes I just got lazy.

Runa- trade for a week with Tracy/Tracey in Alberta.... Wow that is early for Alberta?

Oatmeal almost done and time for more ZZZ with any luck.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Ladies!

All things considered, this morning's official weigh in is good: I'm down into the 230s once again, even if only by .2 pounds. After the 3 weeks of traveling and not caring much, this number is good.

Yesterday I found that I just seemed to need to eat, so I did my best, and late evening when hungry, I steamed a bag of baby carrots and ate a bowl of them with some butter.

Tracey - I'm amazed at the snow you had. Yikes!

Tess - It's going to rain today? I am out of touch. Bummer.

Sara - Is Miss Tillie's vet and groomer in the same place and that is why you drop her off and come home?

Waving to Dawn and Missy and Kathryn and Eryn and Saltine and Tracy and Lynn and Sarah and Runa and anyone else who stops by the Palm Trees today~~

Lana

239.8 today
    250.0 highest
    222.0 Dec. 16th mini-goal
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Lana - at least you weighed in. I have asian biscuits (cookies) at home and not baby carrots.

- no groomer today - she has a physical which will last hours so she gets dropped off. I am not sure my scale will be my friend tomorrow. We shall see. Have Cauliflower crust pizza with chopped broccoli I add on top for lunch. Dinner could be one of 2 recipes and I may make both today but what to do with so much leftovers? Hmmmm then probably not.

Topic on another thread through WW - People are moving out of my life both at work (maybe 3 people) and at "home" (2) and while I cant do much about it, it is unsettling. Making new friends is hard enough - getting angry is pointless, frustrated is fair - so maybe more walking today??

Off to take dog to vet, hope to swing by later.

• LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - So there was a topic on another thread somewhere about people moving out of one's life, and it just so happens that that is true for you? Do I have this correctly?

Change is so difficult to deal with, and losing people in any fashion, death or moving or a squabble, is very unsettling. Yes, it IS hard to make new friends.
    I hope that all of this goes as well as it possibly can for you.

I also hope that Miss Tillie comes back from the vet with a clean bill of health--meaning steady as she goes. You often speak of her medications, so we know she does have her problems, as we humans have.
    Hugs to you both.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Dog is doing well and home from Vet - and if we could get her bifocals her world would be better. Her weight is good and so treats have been given and can continue. I bought a small bag of treats for her to try - she thumbed her nose at it and I took a smell - whole thing in trash -luckily I bought a sample bag.

No I actually made a comment that people are moving out of my life and sometimes it is harder than others. It is what it is and at least I have warning on these people, not knowing is never fun.

Making https://www.skinnytaste.com/pasta-with-butternut-sauce-spicy/ for dinner. Will make the other one tomorrow night? maybe.

We are supposed to have 90 plus degree weather through most of the week, so reading a Christmas based story is good timing. Nice 'cool' distraction.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning, I had to think - is it Monday? Sadly as I am going back to work- yes.

Weigh in today was .4 up which is huge this is the first week it was only ounces. Keep up the walking and no more cookies in the house after the others are done.......

2 people I know from where I live will be gone at weeks end. Wow that was fast. They are young and can jump and run. Age/family/conditions tie us down. Just is.

QOTD: Okay time to step up to the keyboard = what are you focusing on this week?

AOTD: Walking more, my routine takes me less time so it is adding more minutes.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking today.
  • jtophinke
    jtophinke Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Great Monday morning! Not sure what happened to the weekend,but here we are. Had the JDRF walk Saturday at the crack of dawn or what seemed like it to me. Enjoyed some Kilwins ice cream afterwards. Spent Sunday doing laundry and dishes. Made and canned some salsa also.
    Up bright and early today. Just finished kettlebell. Need to get like 3.5 lbs off by Friday lol. Have a diet bet weigh in then.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Good morning Ladies~~

Both eyes are open. Wow!

Dinner out last night at upscale restaurant took care of the pangs of neediness I've been battling for 5 days. Maybe I should just do this once a week or once every ten days or so.
    Everything was journaled but not counted. The scale did the calorie tracking for me, of course

AOTD: My focus should be on exercise.
    I will put up a separate piece of paper on the refrigerator with the 7 days of the week, and try to make exercise stand out in importance.

Lana

242.2 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hi all - Happy Monday.

AOTW: No chocolate this week! And stay under calorie goals (bad week last week).

Every day is a new beginning....

Tess
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Happy monday, all!

Sorry I didn't post the last few days! I was out of town for work from Friday-Sunday and am home today just trying to catch up on normal life stuff. :)

Haven't been able to do my official workouts this past weekend, but did get lots of walking in, which was good. Back to it today, and back to normal workouts tomorrow.

I'll check back in later! Hope all are well.