Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options

Hey there everybody~~

I thought I posted today, but that was just a dream, I guess.

All is quiet on the Eastern Front.....Sshhhh.....

Lana
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sara - your welcome...I might complain about not enough time at home, but animals are so important to me, so they will always come first... thank you for loving animals, specifically Miss T! Hope you both have a wonderful Christmas! And, I'm with you on the knife thing... I've had too many accidents...

Lana - glad all is quiet... how's the weather? Merry Christmas to you!

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,351 Member
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Got on scale - shouldnt do it until tomorrow anyway. Hiding under covers after that #

Groceries and then home. Taking dog on more walks this weekend helps both of us.

BBL.
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Up early, thanks to the nagging cough, but also feel refreshed enough to wrap that pile of presents that needs wrapping, ho ho ho!

Sara, thanks for the reminder about the healing effects of herbal tea. Am headed to my cabinet now...

Dawn, I join Sara in thanking you for taking care of the animals with so much love. I’m so grateful to our vet assistants who seem to love our two kitties as much as we do.

Waves to all. BBL.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Got spiralized sweet potatoes to make hash browns with eggs and ham / butter nut squash and butter nut squash ravioli. In for the day and will knit/sleep/read/ watch Christmas shows/movies.

WW wants me to come back - 2 years later ??? wow what took them so long? Cant hold my breath that long - not interested in them at the moment.

I have decided that 2018 is the year of change for me - dont know what that means yet.

Had black tea and peppermint tea is next.

Wave to all who follow - happy Christmas Eve - Christmas Day for our European/South African posters!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - Did WW email, mail, or phone you?
    Their program doesn't link up well with my brain. Counting calories is simple for me.

OK, so 2018 is the year of change for me too! Let's burn it up!
    ......now to figure out how to do that.....

Daily weighing doesn't work well for a lot of people. (Sara I know you like weekly.)
    My weigh in day is today/Sunday.
    I weighed 243.6 last Sunday and today. I am thrilled though because I know I ate my way up to 246.0 mid week, so 243.6 (no change) was looking fabulous this morning.

It's time for a walk.....

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Thank god for dog walks today - I am 17 calories over and I will need to walk her again - all meals and piece of italian fruit cake included.

Lana - WW mailed me. Original theory was magic but it got tweeked to lure younger people so they lost me. Keep walking Lana it is sometimes the only exercise we can do with weather and physical limitations.

Herb tea / peppermint ready - Christmas TV show and knitting (and nap) on my to do list.

2018 will include unfriending some people on Facebook. Reorganizing my freezer. Rest I dont know.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited December 2017
    Options
    vjoekds49ij3.png

MONDAY

Good morning,

Didnt weigh myself until after I took 3 glasses of water and fiber therapy. But I am the same weight I was last Christmas and my goal was to be the same weight or less. So done and done.

Dog is my best alarm clock - bless her. Hot water bottle is ready to go and back under the covers I fly.

Wishing you and yours a Happy and Merry Christmas.
  • tlsb2016
    Options
    Good morning! Merry/Happy Christmas to those of you who celebrate, and wishing all peace, hope, love and joy!

Best,
    Tess
  • tlsb2016
    Options
    Good for you, Sara, on the WI! Inspiring for all of us....

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    My Christmas present from coworker other than a Christmas selection of chocolate from Ghiradelli, was an Amazon gift card. I was thinking of buying one for myself and glad I waited.

https://www.amazon.com/TechLove-Electric-Shoulder-Moisture-Technology/dp/B074V7HS5Q/ref=sr_1_10_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1514217811&sr=8-10&keywords=shoulder+heating+pad+electric&refinements=p_72:2661618011

In the season of my comfort - this is wonderful. Every item I looked at on Amazon has a 2 hour shut off which concerned me because I knew this would put me to sleep. This one got the highest stars and has its own bag. I have to wait as I am cheap and hate paying postage, but will let you know how this turns out.

Cannot call coworker to thank her as it is too early. Might be good time for another dog walk.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    ougr7q0u5nr2.jpg

Lana~~
  • Kristina79Marie
    Kristina79Marie Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    merry Christmas everyone!! I hope all of you have enjoyed the holiday!

it has been a few days since I have checked, actually since the surgery. 2 1/2 minute total for the actual surgery. it is still pretty sore but I am able to move it quite well. I still cannot put pressure on it or hold anything tight. my thumb cannot touch my pinky yet.cj0f9s5aogz4.jpg

hopefully the pic doesn't make anyone too nauseous

I have not walked or been able to do my circuits. I figured I should take advantage of the break. tomorrow, I will be back it the best I can be.

have a great evening!!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Kristina - glad that is a small scar, and that it is progressing in the right direction. I had to carefully scroll down the picture as I can get squeamish - that is such a small scar compared to what they used to have to do.

Piece of Baklava yesterday and Honey cake today made my calorie count go red, but I only bought one piece of each and back to my regular food with crackers and cheese, flavored popcorn, peanut brittle, and chocolate left. So much of this is vacuum sealed so I can ration it through January.

Back to work - have Wednesday off hair (coloring finally) and toes/pedicure - so the week will be a strange one.

Wishing all a good night.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hi Kristina,

I looked quickly, then I was able to just look at it. I'm hoping for you that the little scar will look like it belongs there with all the other lines we have on our hands. Just something extra for a fortune teller to look at! LOL

Sara - MMMmmmm......baklava!

OK, it's 1:30 AM, time to try to shut my mind off and fall asleep.

Lana
  • Kristina79Marie
    Kristina79Marie Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    sorry ladies! it looks so much better than the day I took the bandage off. my doctor, just so you all know, was a mix between Christian Grey and Topher Grace from That 70s show. it was strange to look at

Sara, I am thoroughly jealous, I wish I could get my hair done. I have time during Christmas break but not sure what I want to do. I could stay with the black hair or I could lighten and go with steel gray. grrrr decisions!

have a great day all!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited December 2017
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Kristina - Good morning - just missed you.

I found an old knitting project and realized the pieces were dusty - I give these to Chemotherapy patients so I stuck them in the dryer to get some of the dust off them - did some good. Most of my yarn is "newish" but I knew how old theses rectangles were and I so I knew they were dusty. Yarn by nature is a great dust magnet.

New Years' 3 day weekend will be working on cleaning out and with the dust I will pay for it, but so it goes.

Oh back to work. Oatmeal is done. Wave to all who follow. Will lurk from work.

• LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning everybody~~

First cup of coffee, and the fog is lifting......recovering from indulgent Xmas dinner out last night.

Cabana Boys are shopping for dust masks for Sara and Tillie.

*tossing hat and sunglasses onto lounge chair for later*

Lana

245.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • tlsb2016
    Options
    Good morning all! Personally am happy to move on to a new day in my MFP tracker and leave the (delicious!) “sins” of yesterday behind....

Kristina, I used to volunteer in an operating room so I found your pic to be pretty cool. I remember what that surgery used to be like! Hope your recovery continues to go well.

Sara, you continue to inspire me with your charity knitting. I’m not terribly proficient - tend to stick to things that are simple and don’t need to be fitted. But I am working on a scarf and may attempt a hat for a group that works with our homeless population.

Hi Lana - sounds like you had a delicious Xmas dinner!

Waves to all. BBL

Tess
  • LanaCabana537
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Good morning Tess~~

Well I came here again so soon to grouse and complain and whine:

I am sitting at laptop planning out my Food Diary on MFP.
    I'm doing well, moving along, and I see that I don't have any vegetable to go with the chicken+gravy for dinner, so I go to add canned green beans......WHAM, 380 mg salt for 1/2 cup.
    I think, "that's no good"

So I grab the container of lovely and "healthy" (I think) Pacific Organic Cashew Carrot Ginger Soup. Sounds good, right? Only 120 calories for 1 cup........but! 650 mg of Salt! HOLY MOLY! That's awful! What the heck? (will that come out *kitten*, I wonder.) And the container has FOUR servings!

Ya try and do the right thing, but if the fat doesn't get ya, the sodium will. I do my best to eat fresh unprocessed food, but I need some ease here and there.

Well, I really would like to have the soup, so I will go elsewhere in the day and try to juggle, but I really want to finish that 2 ounces of ham with my eggs this morning......It's a daily battle of negotiation if I want to do the right thing. Lots of work!

......and I am trying to make this a "Printable Day" for future use. Maybe the soup should get the ax because I won't be buying it again....and I want the day's menu to be one of Lana's Keepers.

Grrr......

Crabby Lana