Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,348 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Lana - any plan to ration chocolate is better than no plan.

Kathryn - is your picture Callahan??

New cubicle is in the works but these things take forever. Almost no management at work today - Supervisor of "chatty Kathy" is supposed to come back tomorrow but she was supposed to come back in November, so I will believe it when I see it. My Sup is out sick and I would rather she not share.

Had a talk with my father about "do you remember?" and "chatty Kathy" was one of the first talking dolls.....

Dog walk and then cuddle up and knit and call it a night.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited January 2018
    Options
    mxr92wqyo0cl.png

tbxoglnucg22.png

• hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Sarah - yes! that is Sir Callahan! :)
    and I certainly know about "Chatty Cathy" because that was a nickname family gave me! :D
    I'm gonna guess your pic is Miss T??
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Supposed to get rain rest of week - will help with those of us with allergies and bring the last of the leaves down.

Kathryn - yes! That is Miss T . I had a coworker help me take pictures a couple of years ago. Her face has grayed even more and will be 12 in March.

Working on water and walking for now.

Wave to all who follow.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I've been reading posts but not posting myself... things are somewhat ok...Gpa ended up in hospital and became belligerent after Christmas... think it was a combination of things, one being that the hospital refused to feed him for almost 24hr and he's diabetic... they were "observing" him... he is back at nursing home and seems to be better... thankfully...

May quite possibly be moving, myself...SO has pretty much been living with his Cousin to provide 24hr care and I just can't keep our place maintained/ afford by myself...I was ok, until freezing temps shot my electric bill sky high... if we move, it will be living with his Cousin, which is going to be rough... going from our own place for 4 years, to having a "room" but, at this point, it's better than not having anywhere to go...

Yesterday and today have been rough for me... animal related... sometimes, I just don't think I can do it anymore.. they're so helpless and just want to be loved...I will never understand, why humans find they need to be so cruel and heartless... my pups are going to get lotsa extra love when I get home..

I gotta get back to work... everyone have a good day... if you have critters, hold them tight... their lives are very precious and far too short..

HUGS
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Dawn - I am so glad you are working with animals. I got what I call "love licks" from my dog recently, which is rare enough, so I know to appreciate it. I know my time with her is short - so she gets extra hugs and treats.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    axad93wopu54.png

pn8x6eqtehux.png

bcz0j2kilzk2.png

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning, dog up and fed.

Spent good deal of time with earphones in at work. Supervisor who has been gone since September is back. Lots of gabbering and it will continue for some time..... No flipping people off in my cubicle yesterday- way too many people around. Making sure to duck when the bad karma boomerangs around me at work.

Taking a "to go" box for Cafe Lunch special Korean beef with rice and veg and egg. High in sodium so I am having lunch for dinner. Spread the calories and save a little $$$.

Jumping under the covers again. Will knit for a little while as well. Wishing all a great day.
  • hickchic67
    Options
    Got on scale today on a whim. The stupid thing said I am 10 pounds less than I was on Tuesday!! Same time of morning, same PJs actually cause I did laundry. Not that I am unhappy with any kind of weight loss but I know that can't be right. I know my weight can fluctuate but 10 pounds?! My scales have issues I think.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options

Hey there everybody~~

It's snowing sideways here in the Big Apple. I got bundled up for appointments today and actually enjoyed walking around out there. Anything to counteract the bits of over-eating that have been going on here....

Kathryn - Maybe Tuesday the scale was off a bit too high?

Tess - nice the way things worked out for you this morning~~

Sara - So the supervisor is back eh? Yep, keep your head down. Stay safely out of the way of those boomerangs.

Dawn - Jeez I hope that some other living arrangement pops up for you. That situation sounds really tough. Plus it sounds as if you might have had some unfortunate little ones come into the vet's this week. Jeez. Big hugs for you.

Waving to Annie and Kristina Marie and Saltine and Samuels and Missy and anybody new who might pop by later on.

Lana
    *snapping fingers for foot massage and zero-calorie umbrella drink*
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Good evening,

Leftover lunch is dinner - raked some of the last leaves - have extra green points today - what to do??/

One of the ladies at work who I gave a pink scarf to and told about State funding for victims and their families "gifted" me the remainder of her "good worker" tokens - 6. I am not allowed to tell anyone in the office, but I thanked her as I dont get tokens too often. She leaves tomorrow - the third lady (she liked the pink scarf I gifted - we all know each other) at work was interested in the other pink skein of yarn for a scarf for herself. So they can wear them and be "twins" even though we wont work in the same building anymore - I have a feeling they meet offsite so they can be "scarf twins".

Got the pcp I wanted with the correct medical group, what a relief - female and one I can drive too without super stress time - some streets are just too stressful to use anymore......

Kathryn - time for new batteries on the scale?? Hey at least the ## went down........

Buying some Pampered Chef items - make your own salad with jar and lid that holds salad dressing, stackable cookie sheets for when I make 2 sheets of vegetables and a round cutter so I can fill dough with vegetables and bake them. (Shh I could also put butter/cinnamon/sugar in them as well). Not quite living the life of a saint.

Lana - thank you for remembering people's names, Details of life - yes ..... names no. I have 98 friend requests on this site and not one I have answered..... Keep up the good walking.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning, TGIF!!

Ran into former coworker - he got moved and hadnt seen him in a long time (we get to an age where we wonder if people retired or expired).

Round cutter from Pampered Chef is for bread (those things Smuckers makes) - but I am going to try and see if I cant use raw dough and bake things.

Leaves are not quite done falling - they were done November last year, so I may be getting my yearly allergy induced asthma late - right now it is just a cough, I have the medicine waiting.

Enjoy your Friday. Lurking from work. Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

TGIF!!

Sara - I can't remember people's names: I have a Post It note taped to my laptop to remember people and their user names.

My Do List is long. Only today and the weekend to get it all done before I go down to NC.

*tossing bag, towel, hat, and sunscreen onto favorite lounge chair*

Happy Hour at Five Ladies! Be here~~

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

PS - Sara - what can be done with the Good Worker Tokens?
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana - the big prize if you get 20 is a day off without using PTO - there are also gift cards - a popular one that needs more than the gift cards but less than the day off is to take time off mid day (using your PTO) but not getting a "demerit" for it being unscheduled -those with children / illness/ appointments that happen asap use this one.

Slowly but steadily that to do list will be done- and you will!!
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Dawn - I am so glad you are working with animals. I got what I call "love licks" from my dog recently, which is rare enough, so I know to appreciate it. I know my time with her is short - so she gets extra hugs and treats.

Sara- I would not want to be anywhere else... it's just so hard sometimes, when things happen and you know there is nothing you can do...I just make sure, I give them all the love I can, while I am able...Miss T is very lucky to have you and you her...
  • arniedog74
    Options
    tlsb2016 wrote: »
    Happy Thursday.

Just couldn’t get out of bed at my normal 6:00 am, so decided to stay in bed for another hour and take a later bus. When I finally got up, found out the office is opening 2 hours late due to last night’s snow/freezing conditions. So I’m still in the office “early” despite my lazy start. #winning

Have a good day all - be safe if you are experiencing bad weather.

Tess

That's my kinda day! Be safe and stay warm! We're really cold, but no bad weather... supposed to get up to a whopping 40° today, but rain and sleet for Sunday... ugh... hoping weatherman is right, calling for 50's - 60's end of next week...we shall see
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Hey there everybody~~

It's snowing sideways here in the Big Apple. I got bundled up for appointments today and actually enjoyed walking around out there. Anything to counteract the bits of over-eating that have been going on here....

Kathryn - Maybe Tuesday the scale was off a bit too high?

Tess - nice the way things worked out for you this morning~~

Sara - So the supervisor is back eh? Yep, keep your head down. Stay safely out of the way of those boomerangs.

Dawn - Jeez I hope that some other living arrangement pops up for you. That situation sounds really tough. Plus it sounds as if you might have had some unfortunate little ones come into the vet's this week. Jeez. Big hugs for you.

Waving to Annie and Kristina Marie and Saltine and Samuels and Missy and anybody new who might pop by later on.

Lana
    *snapping fingers for foot massage and zero-calorie umbrella drink*

I'm not sure at all about living arrangements, right now...I'm relying on a man... that means, hurry up and wait... maybe, I just need to start throwing stuff in boxes, so he realizes I'm serious about not staying where I am...the animal thing, was both at clinic and shelter where I used to work... things have happened there, that just appal me... another reason I am thankful I'm no longer there..

Be safe out there in the snow! I keep seeing it all on the news and glad I am not on that side of the country... stay warm!
  • hickchic67
    Options
    Sara - what vegetables do you put in dough to bake? the crimp and seal should work for dough. i cant recall if i have ever used it on raw dough though. i would recommend to make sure you either dip in flour or spritz with nonstick spray each time you use it. also maybe wet the edges that will be sealed to help them adhere to each other. i am a pampered chef nut! plus my DH used to sell it so I have LOTS of stuff!
    That token system sounds interesting.

Dawn - hope you get a good living arrangement settled on soon. will moving make it tough to try to handle a scentsy party? what all do I need to do for an online party? i was thinking the latter part of January but will try to do it when convenient for you. dont want to saddle you with something mid-move.

Lana - hope it warms up in NC by the time you head down there! a friend there sent me pictures of her in the snow & a birdbath that was frozen solid!

My DD got another bunch of her stuff that was stolen back from the police. The thief will not be prosecuted because she is "cooperating with authorities" and returning what items she still has to the owners. There are several things that are gone for good but DD got most of the sentimental items back. That is what mattered the most.