Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Annie, I’m so sorry about the closings! Hope it gets sorted out tomorrow so you can spend the weekend starting to get settled in your new home.

Saltine, welcome back! It’s good to hear from you, and I’m sorry you’re going through the pain of missing your mother.

Waves to all. Back to waiting for the bus.

Tess
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Annie - so sorry about the house... that would be so disappointing...hope it all gets straightened out... huge hugs!

Saltine - so good to see you! So sorry you are hurting, missing your mom... it does get easier...I lost my Dad 25 years ago..I think about him a lot, cry at times, but it's not as painful... huge, huge hugs to you
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,348 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Good evening,

I found out before I left work, I am moving to a quiet area within a week at work. Scentsy holiday mix is on to celebrate. I have been told I need to treat it like a library which is fine by me. I told Sup I do talk to the computer, but she is more worried about non work chatter. I am lucky to get this move and will not "KITTEN" it up. Also found out the whole row of people are being rearranged. We shall see, stay toned for the "KITTEN" soap opera.

Dance for me and burn some calories.

Saltine - in time, could you do something in the celebration of your mother? Did she have a favorite charity or create a scholarship fund in her name? One day at a time. I go through shoes so fast 3 years and that many km? You are due for a new pair. Hope your feet feel better.

Lana pink book is by computer, ask away.

Making quiche this weekend - any ideas?

Wishing all a good night
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning,

I did not dance like it was 1999 as I was afraid I might hurt myself.

Lana - what will you be doing in NC that will be healthy habits??

Annie - hope the closure goes through soon. Sending good thoughts.

Wishing all a great FRIDAY - TGIF. Lurking from work.
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Still no closing today. Husband and I are so upset. Kids are upset. Now it will be Tuesday at the earliest. :( That brings all of its own problems as we won't really have time to move furniture in and set it up on Tuesday. My husband cannot cancel classes again and will have to teach all afternoon and into the evening on Tuesday. We won't be able to haul furniture into the house until after 7:30 that evening. :( Essentially, we won't really be able to do the "heavy lifting" until next weekend. So, we'll be in a house but still not really able to settle in. So much for the best laid plans to have 5 days to unpack and settle in!

I told my husband I want to move some things back to our existing house and stay there for the weekend. I cannot live at his parents house for this 3 day weekend! He's not happy with me. He tried to tell them yesterday that we are going to move home and they pushed back. But I swear I will move back without him. I need space and privacy!

Still planning to start WW on Monday regardless of our situation. I cannot put myself on the back burner any longer!

Thanks for all of the good thoughts. Have a good weekend!

Annie
  • tlsb2016
    Options
    Hang in there, Annie! Remember to breathe...

Thinking of you,

Tess
  • Saltine24
    Saltine24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the kind words and advice, I really appreciate it <3

Annie~best of luck with WW, sounds like you need to do something good for yourself! Just take one day at a time & be patient (...you can see the light at the end of the tunnel). You will be in your new home really soon & will have all the space & privacy you could ever want. Stay strong! :)

Have a great weekend everyone!

~Saltine~
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning. Dog up and fed.

Slept wrapped in shawl over head and for some reason I sleep better- very colorful dreams as well, but then knowing that Tuesday is my cube move day may be part of it.

More errands than usual today but nothing I cant do. Just have a longer list.

BBL.
  • tlsb2016
    Options
    Errands, errands, errands. Grocery store, Library, bookstore, wine shop. Need to take down exterior Christmas decorations (yes, a bit late on this but it was too cold before and we’re far from the last ones in the neighborhood). Either a walk or the gym later as need exercise credits to finish the day in the green.

BBL

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    NSV spent $50 and saved $50 - used some awesome coupons and store "bucks".
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options

Hi Everybody~~

Sara - I am so, so pleased for you that you will be having your better work space starting on Tuesday. This is really good.

As for the Beck Book, I was thinking of posting--so would you post please?--just one idea once a week, just to remind all of us about building good habits? You know: close your eyes, rifle through the book with one hand, and plunge your finger randomly onto a page? Or choose an item that strikes your fancy that is universal and can help all of us?

Annie - I wish you some peace. Your whole family seems all too tightly wound up. Nothing really really bad has happened. You all have your health. Deep breaths and some perspective; chill down when you can, and your children will follow your lead. A year from now you will barely remember this glitch. You will be in a better neighborhood etc. etc. Hugs~~
    PS - Weight Watchers sounds good--new materials, fresh start, and yes, the meetings are good.

Saltine - My mother passed away 3 years ago. I understand. Keep as many of her small belongings as you possibly can. I am glad that I did. I keep them in a couple of boxes and go through it all every couple of months. It helps. I still cry a lot. All the other bigger stuff--take several photos of all that, so you can look at them whenever you want. Big hugs!

Waving to Dawn and to Tess and Kathryn. We are all getting the deep freeze again, right? Ick. Stay warm!!!

246.6 today (still paying for the bad choices Thursday night. *Kitten*)
    250.0 today
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Judith S Beck, the beck Diet solution, page165 - once I stop fooling around with my eating, dieting will be easier.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Seems apartment complex is enforcing the DNA rule and I will have to take dog in and get a DNA test done. Seems we have people who cannot pick up after their dogs. What a shame that we have to be put through this. I am not sure she will cooperate as she has gotten cranky in her old age, but we shall see. Just too stupid.

Frozen lasagna tonight so no fuss night.

Wishing all a good night.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Lana- thankfully, ours ended up not as bad as thought... calling for snow tomorrow... only up to 1" hopefully, they're right... stay warm yourself... don't kick yourself in the butt too bad for food choices... there's always tomorrow...
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Good evening,

Seems apartment complex is enforcing the DNA rule and I will have to take dog in and get a DNA test done. Seems we have people who cannot pick up after their dogs. What a shame that we have to be put through this. I am not sure she will cooperate as she has gotten cranky in her old age, but we shall see. Just too stupid.

Frozen lasagna tonight so no fuss night.

Wishing all a good night.

Are they going to test all messes? That is odd..
    Hope Miss T does ok...we don't do DNA testing, so not sure what that entails... simple blood draw? Good luck with her..

I almost had frozen lasagna, myself... SO is cooking...I'm ok with that...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    dna is I think saliva/cheek cells- as I can never get her mouth open I hope it works.....we shall see.

Off to take her on a walk.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Judith S Beck, the beck Diet solution, page165 -

"Once I stop fooling around with my eating, dieting will be easier."

That's a good one Sara~~

Thank you!

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

So Sara, re the dog poo at apartment complex, does that mean that they are taking DNA samples from all of the dogs that live there, and whenever they find an offending pile of poo, they are going to test it to see which dog it matches up with? If so, wow and interesting....
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited January 2018
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Lana - yes testing of said waste if matched to yours is a $120 fine. That would stop repeat offenders, maybe. They are having testing done Saturday - so if dog is not too freaked out after groomers I will try and have her taken care of. I want to see what it involves first before I take dog in. I have Wednesday coming up off and I will ask if that can be plan b if dog will not cooperate (too many people and dogs).

There are many dogs that are not "registered" so they hope this will get them to step forwards, new residents will have to pay to have it done, which could deter lazy owners.

Dog up and fed, more ZZZ for me with any luck.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Sunday morning! Sunny, quite cold~~ BRrrrrr.....

Sara - copy that on the dog stuff. Crazy.

For you knitters.....everyone else can skip this.....

I have been working on a simple but entertaining scarf, knitted from leftover skeins of nine or ten yarns that were gifted to me last year. I am using circular needles, making a tubular scarf, and just doing knitting stitch endlessly, changing the yarns every two or three inches of scarf.

Well, it seems the other day, in a brain haze, I must have picked up the project the wrong way, while using an eyelash yarn, and started knitting the wrong way around, which resulted in getting the bumps instead of the Vs on the outside of the scarf--but I didn't see that mistake right away because it was in eyelash yarn.

Two yarns later, with a more smooth yarn, I saw the bumps, and said OMG!
    I greatly disliked how that looked and then decided to unknit the thing back to the mistake. Then I realized that I had done this back in an eyelash yarn section, resulting in a hole, so I wanted to rip out a good 6 inches of this 84-stitch tubular scarf. I decided to rip it out, because unknitting would be too slow and almost impossible in the eyelash section.

Good grief was it horrible to then get it all back onto the needles. It's not easy being me.

BBL

Lana

245.8 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal