Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options

Hey All~~

I made it to NC just fine. I must take care of a few things, then I will be back to read all the posts and write more.

Welcome to the new people!

*tossing hat and beach bag onto favorite lounge chair*

BBL

Lana
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Welcome Sam! This is a very supportive group!

Sara - what kind of heating pad did you end up getting? let us know how well it works!

Lana - glad to hear your made it to NC fine.

Tess - its up to 36 today and people are running around without jackets! its warmer than -9, yes, but not warm enough to forego a jacket!

Yesterday was great until about 9pm, then stress and the munchies hit simultaneously. Ugh! Guess it will all be wiped away tomorrow, almost literally. Tomorrow is prep day before a fun filled colonoscopy on Thurs. Never had one before. My dr is really pushing this because of my brother. Definitely not looking forward to it.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,348 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Being an ugly troll at work again today.Keeps people away from me, if they ask (and they havent, I will say I am under the weather).

Kathryn - heating pad is for neck/shoulders and there is one unit that hits right in the curve of my neck which is worth the whole get up. Cannot use in lounge chair,so will enjoy at dining table, have to sit upright for the unit to stay in place. Then let it cool and relax on lounge chair with cboys and fruity drink with umbrella.

Lana - memo is on the cboys bulletin board, try outs next week for this year's crew.....

Not sure what is for dinner, just glad to be home.

Wishing all a good night.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Sara - is heating pad electric or the kind you heat up? Sounds lovely if it fits to neck & shoulders. Too bad you can't use it in lounge chair!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - a bit late on this, but big congratulations on a great weigh in this week! Keep it up girl!
    Please be crabby at work if it keeps people from annoying you. At least you haven't killed the woman next to you. Jeez I hope you get your new spot soon; that is taking so long!

Welcome to Melissa and Sam. Looking forward to getting to know you~~

Kathryn--the prep for the procedure is far worse than the procedure. You should be konked out completely; wake up, go home, eat, sleep, eat. The scale will be exciting afterwards. Of course I gained back the "losses" when I had my last one. *kitten*

Dawn - glad for you that you've made a decision about where to live. Yes, save up some money on the side, just in case or for when you are ready to make the next move, literally.

Speaking of moving, --thinking about Annie and hoping her moving et al is going well enough.

Sara - Yes, it IS time to find some additional Cabana Boys. We should audition some who can dance, both for us and with us.....

Lana
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Kathryn, good luck with colonoscopy! I’ve been through it twice (my Dad died of colon cancer so I had to start getting them early and have them every 5 years). I agree with Lana - the prep was the worse part! A nice nap and you can eat anything you feel like afterwards! My advice, that someone gave me before my first one - get some Vaseline and put it on you “kitten” after every evacuation. It will make things less sore in the long run!

Will be thinking of you,

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

I was out sweeping leaves last night and I wondered - when did we get so lazy in our society that we do not clean up after ourselves or look out for the way things look? Large boxes that computer items came in for ladies on either side of me at work is in direct line of fire for the photocopier door which when it jams will have to be opened. As I am the only one of 4 in that area who is willing to help...... rolling my eyes. I am going to get those boxes out of there. Why dont people clean up after themselves?

Lana - cubicle moves involve whose "kitten" you kiss at least it seems like it.

Saw the 3rd Bridget Jones movie on dvd - it was okay but I hope there is no #4.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from work.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning All~~

Sara - Yes, there are a certain type of people who just un-box or un-wrap and toss the mess aside and get to the contents of the box, completely oblivious or uncaring about the box/mess/cleanup. Not only did I encounter such folks at work, but my EDH (eStranged) is like that, especially in the workplace. Some people are just entitled, lazy, self-centered, and uncaring.
    - - - - - - -
    NSV:
    While cutting up my vegetables, I just made a fabulous discovery for myself: I put the huge plastic cutting board that I never use onto/over one side of the sink, then I piled several more cutting boards on top of it, and now I have a place to cut up all my veggies right near the garbage can and the water and garbage disposal, all the while adding height to the situation. Being 6 feet tall, normal height countertops kill my back.
    Also, the sink has the kitchen window right there, so the light comes in making it easy to see and uplifting my mood!
    Now I won't dread cutting up my veggies!

BBL

Lana

244.8 today, working my way down from horrid 248+ about a week ago
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Justin741
    Justin741 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Don't know how this thread works, but wanted to stop in and say hello.

Serial starter w/MFP here. Not a WW person.

Today I realized I gained 40lbs in 8 months. The last time I gained 40lbs it took me 3 years. Makes me realize how bad/tough/stressful the last 8 months have been and explains a lot about some emotional struggles I've had.

Today, I'm not looking back. Today, I will log. Today I will exercise. Today, I am taking one step towards my healthy self.

Feel free to add me, I'd really like someone to help me hold accountable about completing my dairy daily.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

I was out sweeping leaves last night and I wondered - when did we get so lazy in our society that we do not clean up after ourselves or look out for the way things look? Large boxes that computer items came in for ladies on either side of me at work is in direct line of fire for the photocopier door which when it jams will have to be opened. As I am the only one of 4 in that area who is willing to help...... rolling my eyes. I am going to get those boxes out of there. Why dont people clean up after themselves?

Lana - cubicle moves involve whose "kitten" you kiss at least it seems like it.

Saw the 3rd Bridget Jones movie on dvd - it was okay but I hope there is no #4.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from work.

I think that every single day at work...I don't get something done, I tell co worker "I'll do it tomorrow" well, apparently, her tomorrow never comes cuz I always do it my next work day...I'm not a great housekeeper, but I try to keep workplace in order as best I can... people are frustrating...
  • LanaCabana537
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Hi Dawn - Yes, some people are indeed frustrating. Sometimes it's worth it to call people on it, but other times, it's just not worth rocking the boat.

Hi there Justin~~
    Welcome to our thread. It's just that--a thread with a bunch of people who stop by and use this place to do whatever they need done.
    It doesn't matter what method you are using to get in shape. We just support each other here.

Warning: We also have a virtual pool, beach, and Cabana Boys. :p We can get some Cabana Girls for you if you want~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Seems I irritated a Supervisor today - fine as her staff is irritating the crapola out of me. Still waiting for possible cube change- but will find out soon.

Fried rice for dinner and snuggle time with dog.

Wishing all a good night.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Good morning All~~

Sara - Yes, there are a certain type of people who just un-box or un-wrap and toss the mess aside and get to the contents of the box, completely oblivious or uncaring about the box/mess/cleanup. Not only did I encounter such folks at work, but my EDH (eStranged) is like that, especially in the workplace. Some people are just entitled, lazy, self-centered, and uncaring.
    - - - - - - -
    NSV:
    While cutting up my vegetables, I just made a fabulous discovery for myself: I put the huge plastic cutting board that I never use onto/over one side of the sink, then I piled several more cutting boards on top of it, and now I have a place to cut up all my veggies right near the garbage can and the water and garbage disposal, all the while adding height to the situation. Being 6 feet tall, normal height countertops kill my back.
    Also, the sink has the kitchen window right there, so the light comes in making it easy to see and uplifting my mood!
    Now I won't dread cutting up my veggies!

BBL

Lana

244.8 today, working my way down from horrid 248+ about a week ago
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal

Great WI! Great idea with cutting boards, too! I have the opposite problem...I'm barely 5' and, can't reach a darn thing!
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Katherine - so glad Cal is doing great! Amazing how some can bounce back like nothing ever happened...so thankful he is ok! We had a super sweet Golden Doodle in today... he had the prettiest eyes and longest eyelashes... he was so sweet, so shy... he really needs to be socialized, but he's a good dog...I am going to send you a PM about party, hopefully you will get it... also, if you don't mind, I will share link to party in here in case anyone wants to order... anyone can order from anywhere and have it sent straight to them... Sara was my very first customer! Let me know if you get message... thanks so much

Tess - hope you are warm and safe! Really nice today...60°... then, drastic (30°) drop tomorrow afternoon, rain turning to freezing rain, then snow... welcome to winter in Mo...haha
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning, Rain stopped until next week which is welcome so people can clean up here. Southern CA whole different disaster.

Oatmeal is waiting and I want hot tea and oatmeal this year - means I have to multi task less.

Wave to all who follow. Stay warm and safe out there.
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Horribly busy week at work - where did all these meetings come from? - so just dashing through.

Welcome Justin! Very supportive here - we’re in this together!

Thanks, Dawn - the weather has turned warming (50/60s) today and tomorrow then back to 20s/30s for the weekend.

Bus is here - gotta run. Happy Thursday all.

Tess
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hi Sara and Dawn and Tess~~

I regret not finding space in suitcase for the Beck Book. I had wanted to review through some of the good ideas in that program. Do any of you have the book?

Time to pencil into the journal my food plan for today.

BBL

Lana

244.8 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am flying through to share...our closing fell through yesterday! :( Our buyer and her lender did not have their part done and so she couldn't close on the purchase of our "old" house, so then we couldn't close in the purchase of our "new" house. It was a long, stressful, emotional day. We are staying with my in-laws as we didn't want to move anything back into our "old" house since it was completely empty and clean. Hoping to close tomorrow afternoon if they can get their act together.

It's been tough on all of us. My poor kids! My 7 year old son, in particular, is really suffering with this. He just wants to be home and have his bed and all his belongings back. And he wants furniture in the house to sit on and eat at! :) Hopefully soon!

I haven't faced the scale (and now it's packed somewhere) but am planning to re-join WW on Monday. I'm so disgusted with myself. So much jiggle in my mid-section and when did my thighs and tush get so big? I bet I'm the heaviest I've been in the last 3 years. Wouldn't be surprised if I am in the 170s again, which is close to my all time high. I told my husband I know it is an expense, but I need the structure and accountability. And I know I need to pick something and then stay on track and work the plan. So, I'm picking WW as just tracking on MFP hasn't worked for me and doing a strictly low-carb hasn't worked either, because it hasn't been sustainable.

More soon! And I'll have to go back and read through the posts since I've been so hit-or-miss lately.

Annie
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana book is at home, let me know what you need.
  • Saltine24
    Saltine24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I hope everyone had a great Christmas & New Year's. Well my holidays did not go quite as expected...I had it all planned out on a print out calendar, marked down how many miles/KM I would run each day to keep me on track for my 300 km December goal & what happens...My last day at work I get a blister on the back of my heel, it hurt so bad I could not even put pressure on my foot & had to hobble around on my tip toes...not just any blister but I bet it was the size of a toonie for sure!! I decided to pop it just because I couldn't walk on it anymore (normally I would not pop a blister). So I didn't workout until it healed, & I had new shoes as my old ones had worn out after 3 years. December = 170 km :s

So instead of working out I made a cleaning list & my BF& I completed everything on the list except paint our spare room which we will complete on our next long weekend.

We even spent time to finally go through my moms personal belongings, kept some stuff and boxed other stuff for a garage sale I am planning for the spring/summer. Just not sure how I am going to actually let go of her stuff...I know I can't keep everything she owned but at this point I still can't picture myself selling or giving anything away...actually I still can't believe she gone and all I have of her are her belongings, pictures & memories...It kills me that I can't talk to her, tell her how my day is, get her advise or even hear her voice except for a very short video I have that I watch every morning...I think about her all the time, still cry, don't even tell anyone I cry, I just go into the garage & cry while thinking about her...I really hate that she is not here with me anymore! :'( It has been 1.5 years since she passed July 26th will be 2 years & I am still not sure how to deal with it & its not like I have never been around death before but it is so different when it is your mom o:)

I am so sorry for being such a downer today, but I will get through this...one day at a time...or at least that is what I keep telling myself.

On a brighter note I am still working out and have a 300 km goal for January...which I will complete this time :p

I am going to try to be around here more often and hopefully post at least once a week! I miss so much when I only post/visit occasionally. You guys are so great & I am happy I am part of this community <3

Have a great night & waves to everyone!

~Saltine >:) ~