WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2018

Replies

• LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :):):# I am trying to not think about my doctor's appointment this morning. There are so many possibilities of what she could tell me and not all of them are good. I try to not remember that when I saw her a month ago, her news sent me into two days of horrible despair. This could be good news.
    <3 Barbie from sunny beautiful chilly NW Washington

Hoping it is very good news, Barbie!

Love,
    Lisa in AR
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,435 Member
    Iiii
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,689 Member
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,435 Member
    Pppp
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Great news Barbie! I’m so happy for you!

Okie
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Barbie ~ Great news! We are all so happy for you.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,127 Member
    edited September 2018
    Barbie - So glad the news was positive! <3

Mary - Just seen your post. Must be difficult. I know how much you love him. :(<3<3<3

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,285 Member
    edited September 2018
    Barbie - very good news!!! <3<3 Sending good thoughts your way for continued improvement!

Okie - forgot to mention, in that photo of you and your friend.... I think you belong in a 30's Supermodel thread! Looking good!

Lisa
    - I always enjoy hearing about your house remodel :D Your new shower will be gorgeous, and your gas range looks super. I sure miss cooking with gas.

Mary - I know you and your DH will miss Shep a lot but sounds like he'll have a perfect 2nd home, and you'll have visitation rights. <3B) When are you heading back to AZ?

Rebecca
    - your son's "new" van looks just great. Our mail carrier has a jeep with right-side steering and it's just perfect to access mailboxes.

DH and I each have cars (Subaru Forester and Toyota Camry) over ten years old with under 100,000 miles. He doesn't drive the Camry much anymore. My thinking is if something happens to one of the cars, we have a "new" one sitting right there. If we did a lot of traveling or hauled people around, it would be worth looking into getting a newer SUV, but we only do local trips for shopping/doc appointments so we're in the mood to drive these forever, lol.

Lanette
    Sunny and cool, actually perfect SW WA State <3
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Lanette - You crack me up! Thanks for the kind words.

Okie
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,773 Member
    Heather--I don't know how you have stayed so calm as long as this house sale is taking. Sending hugs and prayers things get moving soon.

Michele--I am so sorry they are treating you this way. Just remember you did your job well and they are losing vauable help.

Katla--I do hope you get this mess with CO worked out and soon in your favor.

Barbie--Hope you are getting this sales tax taiken wear care.

I am still pages behind, but out of time for today. Our benefit went well last Saturday and we ended up giving Bob and Penny $1602 so that will help. DH thinks he wants to buy Bob's mtorcycle so he went to the bank this morning. Life is grand.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    <3
  • suite_lady
    suite_lady Posts: 181 Member
    edited September 2018
    Barbiecat:
    :) Suitelady, I understand your feelings about replacing your car. I tell my husband, that if it weren't for him pressuring me, I'd still be driving my 1985 Buick Somerset. Where do you live that you have been affected by the fires in California? Best wishes on your eating challenges. Stay with the basics and get some exercise and you'll be fine.

I live in Northern CA between Sacramento and Redding. Fires were all around us, but a couple of hours away. The smoke really took a toll on the Sac Valley. Thank you for your encouraging words <3 Great to hear it was good news from the Dr.
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    suite_lady wrote: »
    Barbiecat:
    :) Suitelady, I understand your feelings about replacing your car. I tell my husband, that if it weren't for him pressuring me, I'd still be driving my 1985 Buick Somerset. Where do you live that you have been affected by the fires in California? Best wishes on your eating challenges. Stay with the basics and get some exercise and you'll be fine.

I live in Northern CA between Sacramento and Redding. Fires were all around us, but a couple of hours away. The smoke really took a toll on the Sac Valley. Thank you for your encouraging words <3 Great to hear it was good news from the Dr.

Used to live in Vacaville👍. I am always keeping track of the fires situation. You guys have had a tough time!
    Take care,
    Rebecca
    Whidbey island
    Washington
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,081 Member
    Heather and Lanette- thanks! We still have three weeks left in Minnesota before we head down to Arizona. If I have too much of separation anxiety I can go and get Shep if I need to. I think it is the best possible situation as he is very happy to be there. Although today as we were getting ready to go he kept trying to get into the truck. I've not been my normal self all day though. We're heading back to the farm until around the 15th.

Thanks everyone for putting up with my absence and lack of participation as I was at my daughter's helping her while she recuperated from her surgery. While there we remodeled her bathroom and put new trim on windows and doors as well as other home improvement projects.

<3

Mary from Minnesota \ Arizona