Trying to lose 40lbs by February 2019

Options

Replies

• jamesjeffsmith
    jamesjeffsmith Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    too much too fast. Your body will pay for this. That is 19 weeks at over 2 pounds per week. Max healthy loss is 1% of body weight per week.
  • seatownbibti
    seatownbibti Posts: 51 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    too much too fast. Your body will pay for this. That is 19 weeks at over 2 pounds per week. Max healthy loss is 1% of body weight per week.

This board started several weeks ago. Others are joining now, likely at their own pace. Common theme is 40 to lose.
  • tsmithes
    tsmithes Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’d like to lose about 50 lbs. I lost 60 lbs using WW several years ago & then put 15 of it back on. I’d love to join your group!
  • chamansrv176
    chamansrv176 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I’m sailing on a similar boat! I have tried to reduce my weight a numerous times but it just keep coming back. I’m in a constant need for motivation but....don’t get enough on a daily basis! I hope this time it will be possible! #onceandforall
  • nicholeunt
    nicholeunt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm trying to find some support as well. I have been trying to find the motivation to get healthy for too long but last month my fiancee and I set a date, June 1st, for our wedding so I am super motivated now lol. I started counting calories and working out and have lost almost 15 pounds. I am 5'5" SW: 196 CW: 181 GW: 140ish. Not super concerned about the final number but more about being at a healthy weight and toned.
  • nicholeunt
    Options
    Oh and my goal is February because I want to go dress shopping in January and am hoping to be close to my gw so I don't need to much alterations. Happy Saturday all! 😁
  • nicholeunt
    Options
    blewbell wrote: »
    I'm 47, in low 170's need to be in low 130's. 5 foot 1 inch. Doing 16:8 intermittent fasting mainly so I won't overeat my 1200 calories. Two weeks in and I might be 2 lbs down but my weight fluctuates terribly. I'm doing strength training and have always walked and swim so still doing that. My back went out (again) and I got test results back from doctor so I need to get strong and healthy! Please add! I have no friends :)

Mine fluctuates too. Drives me bonkers. How do u like 16:8? I do it a couple of times per week. Welcome to the board!

I started with 16:8 IF mostly because I was being lazy lol. I like it because I don't have to worry about meal prep and can have a nice big dinner with my fiancee but I find I am really distracted by the hunger at work. On the other hand I drink waay more water because I am so hungry haha. Last week I meal prepped breakfast and lunch and felt better. I think like you I may do it once or twice a week when I'm feeling lazy but I definitely like that morning energy boost and not being hungry all day.
  • igotmonbebevipX
    igotmonbebevipX Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Please add me! I’m looking for friends. I also need to lose 40lbs to be in the 100s .
  • andreamariexoxo
    andreamariexoxo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I’m trying to lose 35 by New Years hopefully 40 by Valentine’s Day
  • krishna2157
    krishna2157 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    ME! I'm aiming for March/April 2019 though. #beachbod2019 here I come! Add me, I'm new and looking for friends to keep me motivated!
  • courtneydoughe
    courtneydoughe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love this forum. It’s like the universe showed me what I needed when I asked for inspiration and motivation!

I had WLS a year ago and a half ago and lost 75 pounds. I’m currently 206 and my ideal body weight is a fit 160. I’m 5’8. My body has been holding at 200ish since January. Im comfortable but still overweight. I love to lift but LOATHE cardio.

Also, Anyone have a recipe for healthy and protein filled overnight oats? Much thanks!
  • PPug05
    PPug05 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I’d love some accountability and friends. I need to stick to it. Add me if you would like. 🙂
  • nicholeunt
    Options
    I love this forum. It’s like the universe showed me what I needed when I asked for inspiration and motivation!

I had WLS a year ago and a half ago and lost 75 pounds. I’m currently 206 and my ideal body weight is a fit 160. I’m 5’8. My body has been holding at 200ish since January. Im comfortable but still overweight. I love to lift but LOATHE cardio.

Also, Anyone have a recipe for healthy and protein filled overnight oats? Much thanks!

Oh I love overnight oats and eat them almost every morning. I found this link with some interesting recipes https://runningonrealfood.com/brownie-batter-overnight-protein-oats-3/
    If you're trying to increase protein the different yogurts vary a lot in protein content. I always add chia seeds. You can add chopped nuts or protein powder. The nice thing about them is you can add whatever you like or whatever you have lol
  • solorex
    solorex Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Stumbled across these on a cycling channel I've started following the other day. I haven't sampled any of them yet so I can't personally vouch for them. But some do look tempting and I think I'll have to try at least a couple of them.

• misskisha23
    misskisha23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have restarted this journey so many times I have lost count. We recently moved and I hadn't stepped on the scale in months. Got on it today and I gained 7 lbs since May! Fast food, alcohol, lack of exercise and stress took over the last four months and I have had enough. My ideal weight is a healthy 175 lbs. Most of my clothes are a size 12 and with a new mortgage, a new wardrobe won't be an option for a while lol.

SW: 205 LBS (before move)
    CW: 212 LBS
    GW: 175 LBS
  • lizalmp1234
    lizalmp1234 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose 84 lbs
  • gabi_texanmom
    gabi_texanmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    tsmithes wrote: »
    I’d like to lose about 50 lbs. I lost 60 lbs using WW several years ago & then put 15 of it back on. I’d love to join your group!

Hi! Welcome to the group. Are you going to be doing WW this time around? Unbelievably there is not a WW close to me, so I've thought about joining online.
  • gabi_texanmom
    gabi_texanmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I’m sailing on a similar boat! I have tried to reduce my weight a numerous times but it just keep coming back. I’m in a constant need for motivation but....don’t get enough on a daily basis! I hope this time it will be possible! #onceandforall

Do you have a real-life weight loss buddy? It's pretty hard to do it on your own. My husband eats whatever he likes, so I've fallen off the wagon so many times. But this time, my coworker and I are both on a weight loss mission, and I am competitive.

What type of activities do you enjoy?