Options

Replies

• mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    patsyacs wrote: »
    you're right every fraction counts :)
    and you know that we shrink as we age. I was 5'3+ now in my 60s I'm at 5'2

I've either shrunk or was mis-measured long, long ago. I was 5' all through HS, then when I went to college I got measured at 5'2". I thought it was strange that I would have grown 2" at that age, but that's what I've always considered myself for all of my adult life since. Until this past year when I was measured again and only came up to 5' 0.5".
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    My yoga teacher says that yoga makes you taller.

Well, really that you collapse more into your spine as you age. Yoga stretches out all the muscles and makes you stand taller.

I know carrying an 18 lb baby, I catch myself collapsing into my spine. I have to correct my posture all the time..
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    Options
    I'm not short, but I'm getting shorter. Age does that. Same with my husband. I think he's lost about 2 inches. I've lost an inch or inch and a half.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    patsyacs wrote: »
    you're right every fraction counts :)
    and you know that we shrink as we age. I was 5'3+ now in my 60s I'm at 5'2

I've either shrunk or was mis-measured long, long ago. I was 5' all through HS, then when I went to college I got measured at 5'2". I thought it was strange that I would have grown 2" at that age, but that's what I've always considered myself for all of my adult life since. Until this past year when I was measured again and only came up to 5' 0.5".

I think that's probably what happened to me - mis-measured long ago and have been living a lie ever since :wink:
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    This isn't a hard problem to fix. You just need to lower your standards on friends. By lowering standards I mean find shorter friends to stand next to you.

Easier said than done :tongue:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,943 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    So the real problem here is now you get less food, right?

Isn't that always the problem?? :laugh:

Actually, updating my height to 5'2 only drops my daily calories by 40, which is less than I expected. I'm set to sedentary/maintenance right now while I figure out how much I can eat to lose weight at this point (142, goal of 135) without crashing my TDEE and energy levels. I'm in the 1/2 pound loss per week range in reality, based on my Libra stats for the last 3 months.

:lol: RIP half slice of bread.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    RonyMack wrote: »
    Surprised no one has come here yet to say that if you just do keto, it will add 3" to your height. :#

This is a fair point. @pinuplove dem carbz are making you shrink! :astonished:
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    They measured me at 5'2.

So you are the perfect height.