How in the world is this 4000 calories

Options

Replies

• sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I love carrot cake but it makes me think of cream cheese frosting, which reminds me of the time I was on vacation in Vegas and started the day with red velvet pancakes with cream cheese topping, and ended it with a slice of red velvet cake. Good times.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    COGypsy wrote: »
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    Am I the only one that wants some cake now?!? Big Y makes a similar Italian fruit cake that I'm now craving :D

No. The McDonald's thread made me want this...

3q93lsmkxhq2.jpg

That’s the smell of my alarm clock! Okay, not really, but I live by a McDonald’s that opens about the time I have to get up for the gym. Most mornings in the summer, the smell of cooking bacon and pancakes wafts in right after my alarm goes off. It’s really not a bad way to start the day!

I now have an insane craving a mcdonalds mcgriddle thanks to this thread lol.

We’re always here to help! :D
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    My stupid mom finds out I'm on a diet and supposedly brings me a healthy cake fro. Whole foods and says its fruit cake and its 400 calories for the entire cake (its 6 inches) and so I being the naive piece of sht that I am ate almost 3/4 of it and heres the link
    https://m.wholefoodsmarket.com/shop/NEW/3202/27925
    How in the world is this small a** cake 4000 calories!!??! It wasnt even dense!! It was one of those airy cakes. How!?!?!?

you saw the cake and didn't think to check out the box to verify the 400 cals for a whole cake far too good to be true statement before you hoovered it up....?

riiiiiight.

There was no box.. she just said it was from whole foods

so, question to all the american pals - is wholefoods known as a low calorie health shop...?? cos all i saw in the dessert section on that website was calorie after yummy calorie of fatness....?

not really understanding how anyone can actually legit think a whole cake covered in frosting is only 400 cals?

Definitely not. Their bakery section is a delicious delicious place with lots of fat and carbs.

Yes - the pictures above make me want to visit. Haven't been to a Whole Foods in years. But just to be fair you can buy fruit/vegetables/other foods with lower caloric density - just at very high prices.

Assuming you're not buying "fancy" produce, you can actually get some really good deals there.

Whole Foods has done a lot with their prices in the past 1-2 years, especially now that they're owned by Amazon.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    My stupid mom finds out I'm on a diet and supposedly brings me a healthy cake fro. Whole foods and says its fruit cake and its 400 calories for the entire cake (its 6 inches) and so I being the naive piece of sht that I am ate almost 3/4 of it and heres the link
    https://m.wholefoodsmarket.com/shop/NEW/3202/27925
    How in the world is this small a** cake 4000 calories!!??! It wasnt even dense!! It was one of those airy cakes. How!?!?!?

you saw the cake and didn't think to check out the box to verify the 400 cals for a whole cake far too good to be true statement before you hoovered it up....?

riiiiiight.

There was no box.. she just said it was from whole foods

so, question to all the american pals - is wholefoods known as a low calorie health shop...?? cos all i saw in the dessert section on that website was calorie after yummy calorie of fatness....?

not really understanding how anyone can actually legit think a whole cake covered in frosting is only 400 cals?

Definitely not. Their bakery section is a delicious delicious place with lots of fat and carbs.

Yes - the pictures above make me want to visit. Haven't been to a Whole Foods in years. But just to be fair you can buy fruit/vegetables/other foods with lower caloric density - just at very high prices.

Assuming you're not buying "fancy" produce, you can actually get some really good deals there.

Whole Foods has done a lot with their prices in the past 1-2 years, especially now that they're owned by Amazon.

Yup. For basic organic produce and grass-fed meats, they are *far* cheaper than my local chains.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that wants some cake now?!? Big Y makes a similar Italian fruit cake that I'm now craving :D

3q93lsmkxhq2.jpg

take out he sausage patty and i could deff eat one of these (no pork please)

Whereas I want the pork, but can't stand the egg in it.

Wonder if I can get it without egg?
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options

3q93lsmkxhq2.jpg

You totally can. I can't stand processed McDonald's eggs, and used to routinely get a sausage, egg, and biscuit without the egg. Or an Egg McMuffin without the egg.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Everyone is acting like the poor OP should have realized the cake had that many calories. It's a petite cake - their six inch bakery cakes are really more like five inches across - and it has more calories than TWENTY SEVEN Krispy Kreme donuts!

I'm not saying OP *should* have known that the cake had so many, but blaming someone else when you eat 3/4ths of a cake (even a 6' inch cake) seems like a displacement of responsibility.

We all have those experiences where we eat something and are surprised by the calorie count, but come on! This is cake, a famously calorie-dense food. And this one is apparently covered in cream cheese frosting.

She was told it was reduced calorie. An entire container of reduced calorie cream cheese is 245 calories.

Which would make me seriously question anyone who told me an entire cake covered in cream cheese (even if it was reduced fat) was only 400 calories. It's unfortunate that OP's mother made a mistake (which seems to be what it was). But there's an element of personal responsibility here too, I think.

It's cake. If you eat almost an entire cake, you're going to be getting a lot of calories.

I believe this is what one would call the 'denial' stage of dieting, with a dash of anger :wink:

We've all been there, mine just involved french fries!
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

3q93lsmkxhq2.jpg

Yes. They give me egg McWhatever without sliced/ground critter whenever I'm traveling with the friend who somehow must eat at Micky D's. If McMeatystuff Central will serve up without the meat, I'm sure they'll leave off the egg.

It'll confuse the new counterstaff, the makers may screw it up, don't even try to figure out ordering it via kiosk . . . but they'll do it.

;););)

I sometimes order a sausage mcmuffin. It's on their menu. I still tell them explicitly, no egg. I still check my bag before leaving the window and I still get egg about 1/4 of the time.

I just dislike eggs in general.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,730 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options

3q93lsmkxhq2.jpg

sub round egg.

<sorry, hadn't seen your post about hating eggs in general. I though you only hated the non fresh cracked egg products only> :blush:
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,730 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    You totally can. I can't stand processed McDonald's eggs, and used to routinely get a sausage, egg, and biscuit without the egg. Or an Egg McMuffin without the egg.

OMG! I have to rescue you.

"sub round egg" = fresh cracked egg.

Sausage McMuffin (the one that comes without the egg and is usually substantially less expensive) *SUB bacon* = egg mcmuffin without the egg and without paying for the egg you won't get.

Ann: Oatmeal is just normal oatmeal with diced apples. Vanilla cone is really not a bad little bargain -- they officially go for 230 Cal in Canada... most serves are 250 to 300. And an extra large coffee to dunk your cone in :lol: <and you probably only drink tea!!!>
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    COGypsy wrote: »

3q93lsmkxhq2.jpg

That’s the smell of my alarm clock! Okay, not really, but I live by a McDonald’s that opens about the time I have to get up for the gym. Most mornings in the summer, the smell of cooking bacon and pancakes wafts in right after my alarm goes off. It’s really not a bad way to start the day!

I now have an insane craving a mcdonalds mcgriddle thanks to this thread lol.

Love these! There used to be a honey infused equivalent at Burger King...is that still around?