Hump day

dhahnjr2323
dhahnjr2323 Posts: 126 Member
I think there should be a hump day thread.

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    So we can discuss our Wednesday adventures?
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,843 Member
    Is going to work and then coming home and doing laundry a "Wednesday adventure"?
  • AliNouveau
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »
    Is going to work and then coming home and doing laundry a "Wednesday adventure"?

Very adventurous

I went and skated after a quick trip to the grocery store to get a prime rib roast for Thanksgiving dinner. Went to the mall, bought books and then made croissants
  • PaperDoll_
    AliNouveau wrote: »

Very adventurous

I went and skated after a quick trip to the grocery store to get a prime rib roast for Thanksgiving dinner. Went to the mall, bought books and then made croissants

I'm going to start spending Wednesdays with you!
  • brotato_chip7
    brotato_chip7 Posts: 660 Member
    This should go well.
  • AliNouveau

Very adventurous

I also had a lovely convo with the book store man about how I'm of an advanced age and had typewriters in school.
  • PaperDoll_

Very adventurous

I also had a lovely convo with the book store man about how I'm of an advanced age and had typewriters in school.

We had computers in kindergarten, but they were mostly used to play Oregon Trail. :|
  • AliNouveau
    edited October 2018

Very adventurous

We had computers in kindergarten, but they were mostly used to play Oregon Trail. :|

I thibk we got computers when I was in grade 10 or 11. My family had one hut for school I learned to use a typewriter
  • PaperDoll_

Very adventurous

I thibk we got computers when I was in grade 10 or 11. My family had one hut for school I learned to use a typewriter

We were the opposite. I had computers at school in kindergarten, but I was probably in 10th grade before we got one at home.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Back when I was in high school one of the classes had a terminal connected to a mainframe in another state. We used it to play a game called Setats Detinu, in which you were a dictator of a fictional country. If you managed poorly, and you always managed poorly, the result was that your population starved and died.
  • PaperDoll_
    Back when I was in high school one of the classes had a terminal connected to a mainframe in another state. We used it to play a game called Setats Detinu, in which you were a dictator of a fictional country. If you managed poorly, and you always managed poorly, the result was that your population starved and died.

I've never heard of that game. That sounds fun actually. We just had Oregon Trail and Head of the Class.
  • AliNouveau
    My dad worked for IBM so we had a computer the second the pc junior came out. We had games that taught us about DOS and how computers worked.
    And btw I made these today too
    d9u02t9m4aps.jpg
  • PaperDoll_
    My dad worked for IBM so we had a computer the second the pc junior came out. We had games that taught us about DOS and how computers worked.
    And btw I made these today too
    d9u02t9m4aps.jpg

:o I'll take one. Please and thanks. :)
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    edited October 2018
    You all make me feel really old. We didn't have computers until 1974 when we used to type stuff into a centralized remote and then maybe a month later, every thing would spit out and everyone would run to the machine, hoping your answer spit out. Later around 79, we had batch processing and piles of printouts. In the early 80s we got desk tops, but they weren't networked. Sometime in the later 80s there were finally networked computers.
    Those breads look fabulous! Julia Child's recipe?

My Wednesday adventure was going to art lesson and having lunch with a friend.
  • AliNouveau
    It's a recipe from a cooks illustrated magazine. I gave a loaf to a neighbour who in exchange gave me some super authentic Greek feta. So spoiled
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    I love Cook's Illustrated. I got so many recipes from there. I've always used the Julia Child recipe for french bread. It takes hours, but the results are so worth it. Last time I made it, I was having friends over for dinner - thought we would eat one with dinner and send the other one home with them. We managed to eat all of the bread.
  • dhahnjr2323
    Not exactly what I had in mind. Haha
  • PaperDoll_

Really? Did you not see those loaves of bread?!
  • dhahnjr2323

Really? Did you not see those loaves of bread?!

Haha. Not what I meant at all.
  • PaperDoll_
    e0c8dc15ebd1d51c164945e5052e413e.jpg

Better?