• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Also made these super yum croissants.
    It's a happy hump day x7egivv377ob.jpg
  • dhahnjr2323
    dhahnjr2323 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Well that didn't go at all how I expected. Better luck next time I guess. Haha
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    Those croissants look fabulous too. They are screaming for strawberry preserves. Are you a professional baker or just very, very talented home baker?

Dhahnjr2323 - what were you expecting? You threw it out there and people took it in the direction it went.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Those croissants look fabulous too. They are screaming for strawberry preserves. Are you a professional baker or just very, very talented home baker?

Dhahnjr2323 - what were you expecting? You threw it out there and people took it in the direction it went.

I just like baking. There's something so satisfying about baking especially with yeast. It's almost magical
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,845 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »

I just like baking. There's something so satisfying about baking especially with yeast. It's almost magical

I need to try baking sometime. I've never used yeast before. lol
  • PaperDoll_
    Options
    Well that didn't go at all how I expected. Better luck next time I guess. Haha

What were you expecting? You should be proud. The hump day thread is alive and well on a Thursday!
  • PaperDoll_
    Options
    Camel-Giraffe-60628.jpg
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »

It's really fun the fact it rises and becomes something. Today I made tortillas for taco Thursday and have pizza dough started in the fridge 0hsman3nias1.jpg
  • elsie6hickman
    Options
    I agree - yeast is great. The tortillas look delicious.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    They were super simple and really nice. The only thing with this magazine is almost everything has to be started the day before. Means I have to plan
  • elsie6hickman
    Options
    I've read that starting the day before is best. Have you ever made bread using a starter?
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    I haven't used a starter. I might make a sourdough starter to try. Seems the resting overnight kind of mellows the flavour
  • elsie6hickman
    Options
    I have trouble planning ahead. Do you have a proofer? It really helps.
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Did anyone do the hump dance on hump day?
  • elsie6hickman
    Options
    I haven't. But I always wished a camel would show up.
  • PaperDoll_
    Options
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »

It's really fun the fact it rises and becomes something. Today I made tortillas for taco Thursday and have pizza dough started in the fridge 0hsman3nias1.jpg

Those look really good. Do you bake desserts as well?
  • dhahnjr2323
    dhahnjr2323 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I guess lovely lady humps haha.
  • elsie6hickman
    Options
    How do you define humps?
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    To answer questions I don't have a proofer and I do bake desserts. Today is cookies for Thanksgiving and I'll make pies and tarts. Well a pie cause you have to have pumpkin pie right?