Diet sodas

Options

Replies

• maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke, and Cherry Zero Coke are my go to not all of the time. But when the fake hungry hits they keep me in line. And the weight keeps rolling off.
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I find I spend a lot more money with Coke Zero than I ever did on Diet Coke.

Diet Coke was on sale, 20 cans for $1 more than 12 of Coke Zero so I bought Diet Coke.

I really have trouble telling the difference between the two.

You have Coke No Sugar yet? We have it in NZ and honestly, it tastes EXACTLY like full sugar coke but zero calories.
  • HeyEmilio
    HeyEmilio Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Soda makes me feel bloated, I prefer chrystal light
  • LeGypsyRov
    LeGypsyRov Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I only drink sparkling water. Kinda like soda, but nothing in it but carbonated water. I'm allergic to artificial sweeteners and not much into sugary sodas anyway.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,021 Member
    Options
    wifeyy wrote: »
    Hello guys,
    I wanted to know your experience with diet sodas. I know it is zero calories but does it hinder your weight loss when drinking it daily?

My experience with diet sodas is that I didnt ever drink them until I started trying to lose weight.

one of the first things I did to reduce my calories was switch from regular to diet version.

Did not hinder my weight loss - I lost the amount predicted by MFP calculator and met my goal in 10 months

admittedly i do not drink it daily, but only about 2 or 3 times per week. - not because of any weight loss concerns, but just because I dont.

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    wifeyy wrote: »
    Hello guys,
    I wanted to know your experience with diet sodas. I know it is zero calories but does it hinder your weight loss when drinking it daily?

I don't have a soda drinking habit - diet nor regular.

As they have zero calories, there wouldn't be any increase in caloric intake by using them, therefore no negative effect on your weight loss experience.
  • SoleilxStitch
    SoleilxStitch Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    It doesn't hinder but I found that it just made me want more sugary drinks anyway and artificial sweeteners in it gave me a tummy ache all the time and made me dehydrated. I found it much better to drink lower sugar drinks ( those that are sparkling water and juice) and I drink mainly fizzy water. After I got over the loss of caffeine and sugar this lowered my heart rate.
  • Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    It doesn't hinder but I found that it just made me want more sugary drinks anyway and artificial sweeteners in it gave me a tummy ache all the time and made me dehydrated. I found it much better to drink lower sugar drinks ( those that are sparkling water and juice) and I drink mainly fizzy water. After I got over the loss of caffeine and sugar this lowered my heart rate.

Id love to know how a drink that is 99.4 % water can dehydrate you.

Hint it doesnt.

I agree with you that soda shouldn’t dehydrate you but your reasoning is pretty flawed. Intravenous Lasix is also 99% water but it sure as hell can dehydrate you!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I stay away from anything with aspartame in it. After doing research, I found enough to know that even though it is 0 calories, I wouldn't be putting it into my body. Its a personal choice and I know not everyone agrees, but I stay far away from it.

http://www.sweetpoison.com/aspartame-side-effects.html

That's an... interesting website to use as proof of anything.

A quick google search on the author turns up some equally interesting results:

http://fakedoctorate.blogspot.com/2014/11/janet-starr-hull-phd-fraud.html
    http://americanloons.blogspot.com/2013/11/782-janet-starr-hull.html
    https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/aspartame-truth-vs-fiction/

haha.. I know.. It's horrible. I should have chosen a more credible link, but alas billing at work couldn't wait much longer. I did my research years ago. Like I said, I know not everyone agrees, but I feel better when I am not putting anything synthetic in my body. Thanks for the fun links. I am going to check out the "quackery" later.

What would you consider a credible link on the subject?
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    TrishSeren wrote: »
    I find I spend a lot more money with Coke Zero than I ever did on Diet Coke.

Diet Coke was on sale, 20 cans for $1 more than 12 of Coke Zero so I bought Diet Coke.

I really have trouble telling the difference between the two.

You have Coke No Sugar yet? We have it in NZ and honestly, it tastes EXACTLY like full sugar coke but zero calories.

Have not seen it, but I'm Canadian and we get some stuff late. I know there is a green can sweetened with Stevia. Have not tried it yet.

Hmmm. Google found this

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/coke-zero-sugar-taste-difference_us_597f71d7e4b00bb8ff3875d9

which would suggest I've been drinking Coke Zero Sugar in Canada and just never noticed the change.

But as I said, I can't tell the difference between the 2 or 3 of them.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    Zedeff wrote: »

Id love to know how a drink that is 99.4 % water can dehydrate you.

Hint it doesnt.

I agree with you that soda shouldn’t dehydrate you but your reasoning is pretty flawed. Intravenous Lasix is also 99% water but it sure as hell can dehydrate you!

Not a drink.

And also a powerful diuretic...