Replies

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Date :::: Miles :::: Cumulative
    10/01/18 :::: 5.0 :::: 5.0
    10/02/18 :::: 4.2 :::: 9.2
    10/03/18 :::: 7.1 :::: 16.3

Tonight's speedwork was 2 min intervals with 90 sec recovery x 12. We did 15 minutes warm-up, the intervals, sprints, and 10 min cooldown. It was a nice night for it, but I was really tired. Only 1 more speedwork session before taper time.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    "Y'all" @RunRachelleRun ! And a hot dog! 😇

Hope your liver lines out soon. That kinda sucks the anesthesia did that to you.

ETA I do love the throw back pic! Cute!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    It's been a week since my surgery, and my liver didn't like the anesthetic; it's irritated, and they don't exactly know what's wrong. I got to be 1 in 10,000 people or something. More test fun, no alcohol for the next month or two, and a low-fat menu (maybe I'll be forced to get my weight moving downward again). I've been feeling sick, but woke up slightly more energetic and my wound is healing nicely (and getting super itchy). I decided to attempt a run. A minute in, I realized it would be a walk/run. Did 2.5-3 min runs with 1 min walk breaks. I hope this bad day was not due to losing fitness so quickly but just because I'm not 100%.

Surgery knocks a lot out of you. Do not overdo it. Come back to running slowly. You will not lose fitness all that fast. If it takes a few more weeks, you will be okay. :)
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo may be a silly suggestion but would you feel more motivated to do a bit of strength training in the mornings and your runs on those days at night?
    I really do think it's important to avoid injury so I force myself to get one full body session in per week at the very least, and I do an intense upper body dumbell workout on one of my rest days. Sorry legs but I like the way my shoulders look when I lift hehehe
  • cbos1215
    cbos1215 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Didn't make it to the gym yesterday, but did walk 3.49 miles at the local park, so this plus the run at boot camp makes me a "happy camper" :)

Oct. Goal: 25 miles
    10/03 - 5.17
    Total - 5.17
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    @RunRachelleRun glad to hear back from you. Sorry your liver is irritated. Hopefully they will figure out what to do about that. You are one tough cookie for trying to run a week after surgery! Give yourself some time. Maybe swap your run/walk so you are only running a minute and walking 2-3 minutes. Take it easy!
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Went a little farther than planned this morning but it was comfortable outside, that and I thought running is better than going to work lol. OK, now to check he old body inventory..... knees - not to bad actually, feet good, shins... YIKES right on is ok, left one... it does hurt a bit... of maybe 5/10. I'll be stretching it out at my desk today.... any other ideas to get my shin healthy? I want to stay healthy so I can try the Holiday Streak this year.
    Goal for the month 30, miles to date - 6.84
    10.01 - 2.56
    10.02 -1.28
    10.04 - 3.00
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    10/1 - Recovery from Sunday's long run.
    10/2 - 5.1 miles, group track / speed workout, then upper body weights
    10/3 - Up half the night with kids / dog = no morning run.
    10/4 - 5 treadmill miles at Trek Class, then upper body weights.

10.1/120