The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• amyjsparkles
    amyjsparkles Posts: 6,165 Member
    Options
    I'm 40, feel free to add me. I love new friends!! x I log daily and it's always open.

Welcome to the group, Amy

Thank you!!!
  • IanSoares99
    IanSoares99 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!
    This is my very first post... perhaps I should have said something more profound... meh, Happy Friday!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »

That is fun
    At skating a few will say they wish they could skate as I do. I reply I started at the age of 5 and I'm still going. They ask how long that's been and when I say 40 years I often hear, that's longer than I've been alive. Patience young grasshopper haha

Young grasshopper reminds me of the TV show Kung Fu. The did a sequel show called the Legend Continues (I think) and there was an old character who was called The Ancient. I tell my kids I'm planning to live so long I will become known as The Ancient. The eyerolls I get are worth it all the time.

Are you ice skating or rollerskating?

I'm Canadian is there really any other way to skate than on ice? Well ya some friends are into roller but they have transitioned to ice cause ice is so very nice
  • amyjsparkles
    amyjsparkles Posts: 6,165 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!
    This is my very first post... perhaps I should have said something more profound... meh, Happy Friday!

Hi Ian! You had a great first post! You used the word meh, which is awesome and you said Happy Friday, which is great too!
  • FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!

Welcome aboard, Ian. No profundity needed :)
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options

That is fun
    At skating a few will say they wish they could skate as I do. I reply I started at the age of 5 and I'm still going. They ask how long that's been and when I say 40 years I often hear, that's longer than I've been alive. Patience young grasshopper haha

Young grasshopper reminds me of the TV show Kung Fu. The did a sequel show called the Legend Continues (I think) and there was an old character who was called The Ancient. I tell my kids I'm planning to live so long I will become known as The Ancient. The eyerolls I get are worth it all the time.

I'm Canadian is there really any other way to skate than on ice? Well ya some friends are into roller but they have transitioned to ice cause ice is so very nice

Ah. I missed that you were Canadian. As the kids say, my bad.
  • malika1976
    malika1976 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have been lurking but not posting. I'm 42, from Christchurch, New Zealand, and am using MFP to try to lose weight.

Happy Saturday!
  • AliNouveau
    Options

That is fun

Ah. I missed that you were Canadian. As the kids say, my bad.

I curl and figure skate, I am pretty darn Canadian haha
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options
    malika1976 wrote: »
    I have been lurking but not posting. I'm 42, from Christchurch, New Zealand, and am using MFP to try to lose weight.

Happy Saturday!

Nice to have you join us, Malika.
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options

That is fun

Being Dutch, I'm with you. ☺
    Skating is on ice.
  • umberd
    umberd Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I don't know how active this group is, but I'm 45, in the worst shape of my life and trying to make changes. At 38 I was in the best shape of my life, running marathons and gaining weight, which was weird. Then I went back to school and stopped running. And here we are today. :) Hoping for a brighter future filled with health!
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Anna28518 wrote: »

That is fun

Skating is on ice.

Yes I like you!!! :) Nothing is better too than skating outdoors. I have a rink nearby and I'll go there some afternoons and just enjoy the sun and cold air. It's the best
  • lunajack13
    lunajack13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, turned 50 in May and, thanks to hip/back issue, struggling with highest weight since I had gastric bypass in 2000. Lost 37 since June.
  • Anna022119
    edited October 2018
    Options

That is fun

Skating is on ice.

Yes I like you!!! :) Nothing is better too than skating outdoors. I have a rink nearby and I'll go there some afternoons and just enjoy the sun and cold air. It's the best

Hah, exactly!

Now, I do have a problem with hockey though... As us Dutchies would think 'field' first. I've learned to check the nationality of the person I'm talking to before making any comments. ;-)
  • Anna022119
    Options
    Good morning peeps. Have a wonderful Saturday. :)
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

Good morning Anna :)
  • Anna022119
    Options

Good morning Anna :)

Morning Jo! :)
  • dkjk1105
    dkjk1105 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Good morning M'agers! Make today a great start to the weekend.
  • AliNouveau
    Options

That is fun

Skating is on ice.

Hah, exactly!

Now, I do have a problem with hockey though... As us Dutchies would think 'field' first. I've learned to check the nationality of the person I'm talking to before making any comments. ;-)

Haha yes. I have to do the same. Hockey here is always on ice. Most schools will do some field hockey in gym class but it's specified as field hockey. The ice version is huge in my area especially. My son's school has a hockey day and the school is practically empty. He doesn't play, while I like the game he's not aggressive enough thank goodness
  • Shannmfp11
    Shannmfp11 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I am 42 and I still can’t believe I am middle aged! In my mid 30’s I was in the best shape of my life. Now trying to get back to that!