The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Hola! 👋🏼 33 here, soon to be 34 in almost exactly a month! 😃
  • thepieman9595
    thepieman9595 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi on the 40 something mission , all ready lost 4 stone . Now I weight train feeling much better in myself
  • malika1976
    malika1976 Posts: 180 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I am 42 and I still can’t believe I am middle aged! In my mid 30’s I was in the best shape of my life. Now trying to get back to that!

Hi I'm 42 too but unlike you 30s weren't a good time for me. Things are much better now and I'm gradually getting fitter.

Nice to meet you!
  • Shannmfp11
    Shannmfp11 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    malika1976 wrote: »
    I am 42 and I still can’t believe I am middle aged! In my mid 30’s I was in the best shape of my life. Now trying to get back to that!

Hi I'm 42 too but unlike you 30s weren't a good time for me. Things are much better now and I'm gradually getting fitter.

Nice to meet you!

Nice to meet you! Hey at least things are better and we are both getting in better shape.
  • RockingRican
    RockingRican Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Hi.. just turned 49... wow!
  • Design2014
    Design2014 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi 38yr old checking in..

Just joined in the last few weeks and loving the App

Lost 10lb in just over a week. Don’t worry, it’s because I’ve got about 40lb to shed and when I really get motivated I lose it fast :)
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday. I just earned my Dad merit badge. Spent the day taking my daughter to a Dobre concert.

Cant imagine anything more deafening than an auditorium of screaming preteen girls.

Yayyy, you survived.. good job 👍
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Hi middle agers! At the age of 41 I decided that enough is enough so I started my new lifestyle and have lost 28kg. I'm now 43 and have been working on my fitness, I can now offically say I'm a runner for the first time in my life! Any one is welcome to add me :)
  • dkjk1105
    dkjk1105 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Good morning peeps. Family hike today, whatever your workout is (or rest day) make it count.
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday all you M Agers .Hoping to have a good food day and week. I have been this for few years. Getting closer to my goal. Portion has always been my struggle I like to eat LOL. Good luck all enjoy your day.
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Have a wonderful Sunday peeps! 😊
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday my friends.
    Today in making cinnamon buns, pies and tarts and taking my boy skating and my mom to lunch. Not a lot really. Oh I also have to tidy for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. :)
    Have a great one all
  • fatty233
    fatty233 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Happy Sunday my friends.
    Today in making cinnamon buns, pies and tarts and taking my boy skating and my mom to lunch. Not a lot really. Oh I also have to tidy for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. :)
    Have a great one all

Do Canadians serve turkey for Thanksgiving dinner?
  • r0ck3rgirl
    r0ck3rgirl Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hello 37 here and a serial dieter. This time I'm trying to just eat better rather than some fad diet.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    fatty233 wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Happy Sunday my friends.
    Have a great one all

Do Canadians serve turkey for Thanksgiving dinner?

Ya usually turkey and/or ham. I'm doing a prime rib beef roast cause I feel like it. And I couldn't bring myself to buy a turkey since we won the last. Buying seemed weird haha
  • malika1976
    malika1976 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    r0ck3rgirl wrote: »
    Hello 37 here and a serial dieter. This time I'm trying to just eat better rather than some fad diet.

Welcome, sounds like you're especially if fad diets weren't working for you (I don't know anybody they do work for).
  • orangequilt
    orangequilt Posts: 4,193 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone, have weighed myself and measured my waist (eek!) so I've officially started (again)!
  • tinaadvani1
    tinaadvani1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, just turned 54 last week. I went to the doctor and had all the usual tests. My cholesterol is up, sugar was up but I am not diabetic, thank goodness. Even my blood pressure was a bit elevated. I am getting back on the wagon. I have used MyFitnessPal off and on over the last several years. I need to get back to work. I am disgusted with myself. I want to lose 80 lbs. My doctor wants me to follow low carb diet but not keto. I get so confused and frustrated when trying to find foods I like that would fit in with the low carb diet.
    I have all kinds of pains (arthritis in the knees, degerating discs in the lumbar area and hip pain). I plan to start slowly with some walking on the treadmill in the morning.

Any motivation would be welcomed.

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Hello, just turned 54 last week. I went to the doctor and had all the usual tests. My cholesterol is up, sugar was up but I am not diabetic, thank goodness. Even my blood pressure was a bit elevated. I am getting back on the wagon. I have used MyFitnessPal off and on over the last several years. I need to get back to work. I am disgusted with myself. I want to lose 80 lbs. My doctor wants me to follow low carb diet but not keto. I get so confused and frustrated when trying to find foods I like that would fit in with the low carb diet.
    I have all kinds of pains (arthritis in the knees, degerating discs in the lumbar area and hip pain). I plan to start slowly with some walking on the treadmill in the morning.

Any motivation would be welcomed.

I'm 2 years younger than you and went to the doctor on Friday for a routine checkup as well. Said I was okay, but waiting on some blood test results.

I wish you all the best in your weight loss and general improvement of health.