October 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq I just realised that I cant do my first part of my run for our 26.2hr run for Dennis this weekend - but I see you have put yourself down at the same time. can you take this? Ill see if I can find another gap.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    @MegaMooseEsq I just realised that I cant do my first part of my run for our 26.2hr run for Dennis this weekend - but I see you have put yourself down at the same time. can you take this? Ill see if I can find another gap.

Yeah, I can get that chunk if no one else signs up for it - although FYI to anyone who is still looking to sign up, I'd be happy to give up this section since I've got a longer chunk at the end of the run as well and doing both will be a little bit of a stretch.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Glad it wasn't a blood clot, @AprilRN10

Good luck with your ankle, @cburke8909

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    @midwesterner85 My ALT/AST recently was measured at 55/53. On the results printout the acceptable range is supposed to be 0-35.

The doctors said all my blood levels were normal, though.

A quick google says worrying levels are only when they're 6-7 times the normal range.

I don't think you've said what your numbers were.
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    @AprilRN10 - glad you received good news on the blood clot

@shanaber - any update on Hobbes?

@PastorVincent - are you crazy? (why am I even asking this ;) ) Seriously - that was really dangerous. Glad you made it home OK. Ice cream - is there really a time when it's not OK? Food of champions.

@BruinsGal_91 - Wow - "area public safety agencies" - makes me wonder if the course hadn't been pre-approved?

Does anyone run in Altra's? I was chatting with someone before Wineglass about them and she really sang their praises. I've had Brooks GTS for years - occasionally try something else but always come back to the GTS. I might get a pair of Altras and put them in a rotation. But if you've tried the Altras, I'd love to hear what you think.

June goal - 44/44
    July goal - 52/52
    August goal - 55/57 miles
    Sept goal - 72/60 miles
    Oct goal - 60 miles

Sept. 30 - Wineglass Half Marathon; Corning, NY
    October 7 - Viking Dash Half Marathon; Toledo, OH

Zion Half in February is already sold out! So is Grandma's in June. Sheesh. I'm going to try to find someone willing to transfer their bib to me. The Zion has a system to "legally" do that. Haven't found out if Grandma's does.

• BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    @biketheworld they've been running this race every Columbus Day for the past 42 years, so I'm wondering what the heck happened this year. Very strange. I feel so sorry for the winner who thought she had claimed a new record, and for all the people who thought they'd got new PRs.
  • zeesparrow
    zeesparrow Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Y'all, I might have a problem. I am sitting thinking "I am cold..." most normal people would follow that with "... I should get a sweater or blanket." ME? I follow that with "...I should get a bowl of ice cream"
    iyhemph8x507.jpg

Hey, I have that plate. I wish I had the ice cream on mine, too.