Options
    AlphaHowls wrote: »
    200 mile goal for October (minimum)
    10/1 13.38 miles
    10/2 18.57 miles
    10/3 13.38 miles
    10/4 26.9 miles
    10/5 13.2 miles

@AlphaHowls I have an honest question for you. How do you log that kind of mileage and not have any major issues with injury?

As soon as I started running HMs, that's when my hip started giving me trouble. I haven't been able to get past the 13 mile mark, and I've never been able to do back-to-back double digit runs. I'm just insanely curious as to how you manage to do keep it up.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    The verdict is in. The officer has been found guilty of second-degree murder, among other counts.

This is good news... there will be peace in Chicago for the marathon. :smile:

I would hate to be on that jury, though. What a tough case.

Edit - Apparently MFP didn't like the officer's name and gave it the kitten treatment.

HAHAHAHA (I have the same last name as the officer). But glad to hear that it should be calm streets for the marathon.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    The verdict is in. The officer has been found guilty of second-degree murder, among other counts.
    This is good news... there will be peace in Chicago for the marathon. :smile:
    I would hate to be on that jury, though. What a tough case.
    Edit - Apparently MFP didn't like the officer's name and gave it the kitten treatment.

That's ironic, because My friend just received an email from Chicago Public Schools saying:
    Attention CPS Parents and Families:

This is Chicago Public Schools with important information.

Out of an abundance of caution, all CPS athletic competitions are canceled for Friday, October 5. Your school will provide an update if they decide to cancel other after-school activities today. All scheduled weekend activities are also canceled.

Classes are scheduled to resume on Tuesday, October 9.

Please help ensure this important information is heard by passing it on to your friends and family with children in CPS schools.

I guess they sent that out before the verdict. Well glad there won't be a riot anyway!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    So as a noob runner I have a question for those who wake up early to run... I just started doing it this week so it doesn't interfere with family time after work. But this morning when I went on my run I felt dehydrated and thirsty. Obviously after sleeping all night I hadn't had much water, just a little bit when I woke up. Do you like, chug water before running or what?
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,015 Member
    Options
    @hesn92 I drink a cup of coffee and most of a 20 oz. Yeti of water before my morning runs. I don't really chug it though. I just sip on it while I am getting dressed. I also take water with me but only usually drink it if it is really hot.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    @hesn92 I drink a cup of coffee and a small glass of water. For whatever reason I have never felt dehydrated or thirsty (well except on those 16 mile runs in July/August). But on long runs I will carry two small bottles of water.
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »
    So as a noob runner I have a question for those who wake up early to run... I just started doing it this week so it doesn't interfere with family time after work. But this morning when I went on my run I felt dehydrated and thirsty. Obviously after sleeping all night I hadn't had much water, just a little bit when I woke up. Do you like, chug water before running or what?

I don't get up early to run most mornings, but I do for Saturday paced long runs and races. I *have* to drink at least a 16 ounce (~ 0.5 liter) glass of water in the morning. If time allows, I also have coffee. But I don't chug the water; I get up early enough to eat breakfast first, and drink the water at a reasonable pace. That wouldn't be sustainable for 5 days a week without going to bed at something like 8 PM, but it works when I'm only getting up at 4:15 or 4:30 one day a week.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    @hesn92 I drink a cup of coffee and most of a 20 oz. Yeti of water before my morning runs. I don't really chug it though. I just sip on it while I am getting dressed. I also take water with me but only usually drink it if it is really hot.

Same. I don't drink coffee before I run but sip 8-16 oz while I eat and get dressed and then take 8-16 with me
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I’m a morning runner. I drink a half to a full cup of coffee before heading out. I try to stay hydrated in general so I’m not waking up dehydrated. I have been tracking my water intake and try to get at least 60 oz per day. I don’t count coffee or diet soda and I drink quite a bit of both on top of 60 oz of straight water.

Anyway all that to say, drink some water before you go and think about getting a small hand held water bottle. I have one of these:

https://www.nathansports.com/hydration/hydration-handhelds