30 Day Shred Group- August (Part 2)

Options

Replies

• Ceceamanda
    Ceceamanda Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    G'd morning! So I got up this morning and decided I did not want to do level 2. Did not. Was not. Could not do it.... So I did level 3!! :noway: And holy moly do I dare say it....I loved it! :huh: Which is a major surprise with how much I disliked level 2. I think I was bored. So it was unmotivating and just not fun. Level 3 gave me something new. New pains. New out of breathness. It was new and different and targeted new zones that need more work than those in level 2 I think. I can feel the soreness more than I felt most of the 7/8 days of level 2 I did. We'll see if I do level 3 again tomorrow morning or if I keep switching it up. I think my body needs the more constant change in exercises. It almost adapts too quickly so I think that's why change has been a bit slower for me. But I'm pushing through. Determined to finish the whole month of August strong. Rock on ladies!
  • SaraStanton
    Options
    SO did not want to get out of bed this morning and do L2D8, but I did, even though I woke up 45 minutes late. :yawn: My knees are hurting lately and I think it may be how deep I am going into the lunges/squats but if I don't go that deep I feel like I am not doing enough. I am super tired today, body and mind tired. Not a good combination for a 9hr work day! I prefer doing the shred in the early afternoon after I have had breakfast and let myself wake up naturally but with work that is not an option. At least on my days off I can get it done that way.

I can't believe I have done this for 18 days in a row. I have never challenged myself this way and I realize I can do this! Regardless of the frustrating non-weight loss and the stagnant measurements I will complete this and that is an accomplishment in itself! Also by doing this I have inspired my husband to jump on the get fit band wagon! I hope to set at great example to our 3 young boys by doing this as well.
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    L2 D5 done today-- I'm in the second half!! Whoooooooooo!!! And, I didn't pause even once through the plank twists this am! ( I won't say I didn't think about it though...)
  • jms88
    jms88 Posts: 49
    Options
    Howdy Folks! L2D7 Done! I don't know if I'm doing them wrong or what, but I don't think I'm getting enough out of the plank twists. I don't seem to really feel it in my abs near as much as I feel all the ones on the mat. :frown:
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    L2D7 complete! getting stronger but so not looking forward to level 3!
  • lbeasey
    lbeasey Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    August 1st I was 207.2lbs & yesterday I was 200.6lbs. That's 6.6lbs lost so far & I'm on L2D6! =D....
    Need to do it twice today to make up for a day that I missed (not looking forward to doing it twice I have to admit. Plus I have physical therapy for my knee today too. Can't wait to burn all of those calories! WOOHOO! =D We can do this ladies!

Way to move it...I am losing the inches with this but not the weight. Thanks for the post it will keep me going in hopes one day I'll get on that scale and it will have gone lower.
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    Oh, I think for fun I should do some pushups!!!

NOT!!!!! lmao! :laugh:
  • Jaytee79
    Jaytee79 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    L2D5 done. I can't tell you how much I HATE chair squats and V raises. But everytime I hesitate to go do the workout, I read through these posts and you all motivate me to get my butt off the chair and right in front of Jillian. Thanks to you all! Half way there and I know that I'll be able to finish it now!
  • sisa2324
    sisa2324 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, this is my first time posting on here, but I also started 30ds at the beginning of August. I finished L2D7 this morning. I find that I like the workout much more now than I did in the beginning. But already thinking about what to do when I finish. Does anyone have any insight of Jillian Michaels other dvds?
  • SaraStanton
    Options
    Hi everyone, this is my first time posting on here, but I also started 30ds at the beginning of August. I finished L2D7 this morning. I find that I like the workout much more now than I did in the beginning. But already thinking about what to do when I finish. Does anyone have any insight of Jillian Michaels other dvds?

I looked into Ripped in 30 and plan on doing that before I move on to a Beachbody workout. I like the way these are set up and Ripped is similar to the shred without being repetitive. I just hope Jillian has some new sayings because I can't take hearing "phoning it in at the gym" anymore! :noway:
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Did not do D8., I have not slept since I woke up yesterday morning. It has been one bad thing after another this week and finally today it broke me down. I will make it up this weekend :cry: :yawn:
  • summerbert
    summerbert Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Level 1 day 5 done and man there was hardly any soreness which was awesome. As I laid in bed last night the mirrors on my closet doors really reflected the difference in my body
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    L2D7 DONE! Burned 329 Calories!!!

Sort of hard to do your work out while you're laughing... I convinced my mom to do it with me this morning and she kept saying, "I love this, I love this, i love this, i want to do more, i love this!".... She hated it but was trying to convince herself that she liked it.... It was too funny! He made is half way through the first circuit lol

August 1st = 207.2
    August 18th = 199.4 HELLO ONEDERLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you 30DS & all my 30DS buddies =)
  • lbeasey
    lbeasey Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    L2D5 done. I can't tell you how much I HATE chair squats and V raises. But everytime I hesitate to go do the workout, I read through these posts and you all motivate me to get my butt off the chair and right in front of Jillian. Thanks to you all! Half way there and I know that I'll be able to finish it now!

I agree, out of all ot the exercise that is the one I HATE the most. I feel lucky if I do the halfway squat with my arms above my stomach. :embarassed:
  • aqua_zumba_fan
    Options
    I hurt my arm on Wed doing 30DS and it's still sore so I'm taking a break :( I fell in the ice back in the winter and hurt it really badly but never saw a dr and this is the second time it's gone funny. Maybe related. Very annoying! I'll come back to this another month I hope. Can't do Sept as away a lot at conferences but October could be a plan. Good luck everyone!
  • cmDaffy
    Options
    L2D7 DONE! Burned 329 Calories!!!

Sort of hard to do your work out while you're laughing... I convinced my mom to do it with me this morning and she kept saying, "I love this, I love this, i love this, i want to do more, i love this!".... She hated it but was trying to convince herself that she liked it.... It was too funny! He made is half way through the first circuit lol

August 1st = 207.2
    August 18th = 199.4 HELLO ONEDERLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you 30DS & all my 30DS buddies =)

I'm so happy for you!
  • cmDaffy
    Options
    Day 24 L3D4 is DONE!!! Have I told you people how much I'm NOT liking this?!!! I'm so glad there's only 6 more days left!

Someone talked about "Ripped"... my plan is to do one more round of "Shred" in Sept with a group of friends, and then I'm going to move on to doing "Ripped" I just purchased 10 boxing/mma classes to take this fall. I took a boxing class on my cruise and absolutely LOVED it!, so I'm excited to get back at it.

ROCK ON!!! :tongue:
  • MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Hi - hoping I can join. I started the shred about two weeks ago, gave it about a week and gave up :embarassed:
    I'm starting from scratch again so - day one today level one and yes, it hurt as much as last time.

My lower legs kill me and I'm not sure whether that is bad technique, bad foot wear or just bad fitness level. Will persevere though. Right now I'm definitely 'with Anita' and I don't know about fear leaving my body, I'm fairly sure it was my soul departing!!

Anyway, Hope it's alright to tag along this late in the day (month). I see loads are on level two, well done you guys!!
  • SaraStanton
    Options
    I hate guilt or feeling guilty. I am still so tired even though I was actually asleep before 10pm, I am usually just getting IN bed at that time. I had a hard time waking up and when I finally got up I was still tired so I have decided it would be better for my body to work out at lunch or even after work. I think if I work out this tired I may hurt myself. Either at lunch or even after work, I will get in L2D9 and be proud but right now all I want do is go back to bed. It's not the workout that is making me tired, it is my daily life! LOL

Happy Friday!
  • capri623
    capri623 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    yesterday i did 2 L2 workouts in a row because i had missed a day earlier this week, it actually wasn't as bad as i thought it would be, but i really am starting to hate L2!!! i'm getting excited to move onto L3 especially after reading some of the posts about it! my body is definitely changing, i haven't weighed myself since i started, but yesterday i was able to zip up a dress that i bought at the beginning of this month and hadn't been able to zip all the way up!!! i am really excited about that, now i just need somewhere to wear it to!!