Trying to lose 40lbs by February 2019

Options

Replies

• gabi_texanmom
    gabi_texanmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    nicholeunt wrote: »
    Oh and my goal is February because I want to go dress shopping in January and am hoping to be close to my gw so I don't need to much alterations. Happy Saturday all! 😁

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding!! The whole journey is so very exciting! Keep us updated...I love hearing about save the dates, photo shoots, and all that fun planning stuff. What style of dress are you thinking?
  • gabi_texanmom
    Options
    solorex wrote: »
    Stumbled across these on a cycling channel I've started following the other day. I haven't sampled any of them yet so I can't personally vouch for them. But some do look tempting and I think I'll have to try at least a couple of them.

OMG - that looks like dessert! Thanks for the vid, I'm so trying these.
  • gabi_texanmom
    Options
    I have restarted this journey so many times I have lost count. We recently moved and I hadn't stepped on the scale in months. Got on it today and I gained 7 lbs since May! Fast food, alcohol, lack of exercise and stress took over the last four months and I have had enough. My ideal weight is a healthy 175 lbs. Most of my clothes are a size 12 and with a new mortgage, a new wardrobe won't be an option for a while lol.

SW: 205 LBS (before move)
    CW: 212 LBS
    GW: 175 LBS

Well, here is to making this time count! We are here for each other, we are all in the same boat. You can do this!!

It's funny how life changes can wreak havoc on our weight. We were affected by Hurricane Harvey last year, it took more than a year to get our home back to pre-Harvey, and my weight was ALL.OVER.THE.PLACE. I would literally lose 10lbs without trying then gain 15lbs by eating fast food/fried food. We are now stable and in our home, back to my healthy routines.

My ideal weight is around your range too! I just don't even tell people anymore because I dislike that look on their face. No, I do not aspire to be stick-thin. I look and feel my best at a higher weight than what is considering 'normal'.

Welcome to the group!
  • gabi_texanmom
    Options
    I am trying to lose 84 lbs

Awesome! Are you following any specific program or exercise routine?
  • nicholeunt
    nicholeunt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    nicholeunt wrote: »
    Oh and my goal is February because I want to go dress shopping in January and am hoping to be close to my gw so I don't need to much alterations. Happy Saturday all! 😁

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding!! The whole journey is so very exciting! Keep us updated...I love hearing about save the dates, photo shoots, and all that fun planning stuff. What style of dress are you thinking?

Thanks I'm super excited! I friend requested you and I will post things as they come up. I love the mermaid style, lace backs, and lace halter necklines but I am definitely just going to try things on and see what feels right on me. Idk about "fun stuff" lol it all just seems like so much work. I always just wanted to show up and have a perfect wedding. I guess that's why we've been engaged 9 years 🤣
  • Juliajade99
    Juliajade99 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    We got this
  • sleazybakeoven
    sleazybakeoven Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 40 lbs!!! Im adding you !
  • yorkieluv123
    yorkieluv123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the same goal as you do. I definitely need to lose at least 40lbs by March. I’m so unhappy with how I look and feel. I’m glad I started playing around with this app and found this discussion. I think it will help to have us motivating each other daily. I’m excited to see where this leads. We got this!!!! Good luck everyone 🤗
  • jessicalowe68
    jessicalowe68 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi yes! Id love to lose 40lbs by February my Birthday. It has been a struggle. Weigh more now than I did while prego with my kids. I am gonna stick with it this time!
  • Colleen_1168
    Colleen_1168 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Started in mid July weighing in at 256. To date I am 222. My trainer has me at a goal weight of 140. We have a bet that I will achieve this (another 82 lbs - geesh!!) in April of next year. Pray my strength! lol You can add me as an accountability partner if you wish.
  • gojolida
    gojolida Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Anyone vegetarian? I'm looking for friends to motivate me! I'm on a mission to lose 1/3 of myself.
  • campb2ti
    campb2ti Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Just found this thread while looking for some motivation. I'm a stay at home mom and would like to lose 70-ish. I'm currently stuck in both the motivation and weight columns.

S.w. 221
    C.w. 219
    G.w. 145-ish
  • goldiesocks
    goldiesocks Posts: 15 Member
    Options

gojolida wrote: »
    Anyone vegetarian? I'm looking for friends to motivate me! I'm on a mission to lose 1/3 of myself.

Me! I have been most of my life and now mostly vegan. I have a 30lb goal and I’m pretty new to this!

• goldiesocks
    Options
    jenjens86 wrote: »
    Feel free to add me too :) im 39lb down but have a mission to lose another 40 its been a long yoyo journey but ive finally got a plan thats working for me :)

Are you open to sharing your plan?
  • goldiesocks
    Options
    I’d love to join!

• solorex
    solorex Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Week 11 check-in (10/8-10/14):
    Days on or under calorie target : 7/7 days
    +/- Weekly calorie target (14,382) : -1085 (-7.5%)
    Total lbs lost/goal : 23/50 (46%)
  • sgallagherxo
    sgallagherxo Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    So I started at 217lb and currently 182 so 35lb down but want to be 140 so 42lbs is my goal!!!

Lets do this 😀