Tattoos!

Options

Replies

• aliciadenelsbeck
    Options
    YUK! hate them why deface a beautiful body with ink..but each to their own!!

Each to their own indeed. So don't post negative stuff when there's going to obviously be replies from people who have this kind of thing - you'll get instantly disliked.

Do I care if I get disliked..well no not really! I am expressing an opinion,

I am not ``selfish or ignorant` or whatever someone posted. My Husband has tats including my name on his leg...do I thin it is nice ...well no not really! I am not trying to put people down I am just saying I think they are not nice...my opinion and I will stick with it..

If you post a question on a forum then you can expect to have people give you an opinion if you don`t like the answer to other peoples opinions then don`t post ......so dream on if you think I care whether I get disliked or not!

Yes, you ARE entitled to your opinion. But you also need to understand, this post wasn't asking for opinions, The person that posted it said ,"Lets hear from all those inked folks in MFP cyber space. . . . what kind of tattoo do you have? And whats the meaning? " NOT what is your opinion on tattoos. If you want to start a post about opinions on tattoos, then go make one, saying "YUCK" because someone has tatts is rude and yes it is considered as putting people down. This is supposed to be an uplifting supportive forum, and if you can't do that, then don't say anything .........Have a nice day and I am glad you chose to keep your body pure of tatts. :happy:
  • krazeestraw
    krazeestraw Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Well, just got my first one on Saturday!

2evxpig.jpg

It is the Tree of Life. And although it has many different meanings across religions and philosophies, I'm a humanist and an atheist, so this is a more accurate explanation as to why it's meaningful to me: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tree_of_life_(biology). The representation of "everything on earth is connected" is really what I love most.

I LOVE THIS! It's gorgeous!
  • 4jenniferk
    4jenniferk Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I have Avenged Sevenfold lyrics on my shoulder blade about siezing everyday you go through because it can all end at anytime and it's also a love song for my boyfriend. I have a dove representing love on my forearm. I have a deathbat on my chest for the band Avenged Sevenfold.

Love Avenged Sevenfold.... drove to Corpus Christi to see them last October and was blown away!
  • chelseajillian5
    Options
    i have a ...

1) 5 and 2 stars w/ teal in them on my left wrist- for my favorite color, shape and number.
    2) the word Love on my right wrist- cuz i am in love.
    3) a star with teal swirls on my right hip- for my fave color and shape.
    4) "Love Never Fails" on my left side under my ribs (one day it will be finished)- Its my favorite quote in the bible from Corinthians. 5) A star colored in black on my right foot- my two best friends and i have the same tat.
    6) A Star-gazer Lily on my right chest with stars and lines- My fave flower and shape(it will be finished into a half-sleeve, work in progress!!!) :)

ok so i forgot one the other day!! ah...my #7 (which was my first one) is on my lower back, its a taurus head with tribal around it! My bday is in may and im a taurus
  • sedativestorm
    sedativestorm Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    These will all look great when you're 70.

Ha when you're 70, people usually don't give a crap about they're appearances. They're more worried about cholesterol, blood pressure, dentures, and other aging ailments.

Anyway, I love tattoos, and am thinking of getting one once I hit my midway point of my goal.
  • shockrina
    Options

Ha when you're 70, people usually don't give a crap about they're appearances. They're more worried about cholesterol, blood pressure, dentures, and other aging ailments.

Anyway, I love tattoos, and am thinking of getting one once I hit my midway point of my goal.

When I first started to try losing weight a year or so ago.. I measured once a week inches and pounds. I added up the loss each week and put that much money into my tat fund. :) Like if you lose .25 inches that's $0.25, etc. :) good luck!
  • OKmac3
    OKmac3 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have 13 tattoos....

Right arm....Tazmanian devil holding the Irish flag in one had and a shamrock in the other with Ireland written beneath him....Then I have a Celtic Knot arm band

Left arm....a cross with the word Sweetly above it and Broken beneath it

Right leg...outside side of calf I have my family crest...on the inside side of my calf I have the family crest of my biological mom's side

Left leg....Four tigers wrapped around my leg with one of my kids initials next to one (each tiger represents one of my kids) and above them all is a tiger with my initials representing me

On my back...below my neck is a 4 leaf clover with tribal coming off the sides shaded in the colors of the flag of Ireland....left side of my back is my guardian angel with the face of my bio mom....right side of my back is a pirate lady representing the lady I want to marry someday

More tattoos to come....
  • sedativestorm
    sedativestorm Posts: 79 Member
    Options

When I first started to try losing weight a year or so ago.. I measured once a week inches and pounds. I added up the loss each week and put that much money into my tat fund. :) Like if you lose .25 inches that's $0.25, etc. :) good luck!

That's a really good idea! Thanks! :) Although I think I might have to up the values, tattoos are expensive in Ohio =P
  • danizaga
    danizaga Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    i have an orange blossom on the left side of my neck, you know the flower on an orange tree, meaning eternal love, chastity, purity, fertility and faithfulness. Also a chicken on the inside of my right ankle. it's a nick name and i collect chicken figurines.
  • becky_turcotte
    Options
    These are all great guys. Here’s my next question. I have been pushing around the idea of my next tattoo for a few months now. So, I would love you all's input here are my choices:

1) A Celtic cross with my grandmother's initials and dates (11/4/1926 - 12/21/2007) I was going to use her signature, but her penmanship was horrific and her signature would not tat well.

2) Butterfly with the body as a purple support ribbon with 07/25/1988 under. Purple is the support ribbon for Transplant recipients, and my mother received her second liver transplant on 7/25/88. She is a miracle.

3) “The end of one is the beginning of another” My favorite quote EVER!!!!

Also any ideas where to put them? Thanks guys!
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    m.jpg

I have the vine all the way down my back with a black tribal scorpion holding on to it.
  • mamashatzie
    mamashatzie Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I am getting my first tattoo in October. It's going to be a couple inches below my wrist, and about an inch tall. Two hummingbirds (not very detailed, since it's so small!) which are very significant in Native American culture (which is part of my heritage). One significance is eternity and devotion- my husband. Another significance is timeless, neverending joy- which I hope to always hold in my life. Also, hummingbirds are a symbol of strength because they are very powerful despite their small size- in my life no one expects me to be strong, but I am stronger than they think.

I wear wide leather watches, so I will be able to cover it up very easily for work.

I'll try to upload a picture later, I'm really excited about it =)
  • Hattie2879
    Hattie2879 Posts: 131
    Options
    Here are the ones I have so far:

The two biohazards were my first ones and I got them because Resident Evil is my favorite video game. The two spiders are my take on good/evil, Spider-Man is my hero. You can't really tell from the picture, but the two biohazard symbols have red/blue on them, for Spider-Man.
    arms.jpg

These are the names of my nieces and nephew. I plan to keep adding names/birthdates as they're born and will include my own children when I have them.
    back.jpg

I have one more tattoo planned but I'm not sure when I'm gonna get it, I have to save up enough money first. It's gonna be a zombified Virgin Mary. I've been a huge George A. Romero fan since I was little and so the zombie is because of that. The Virgin Mary is because my g/f (future wife) currently has this particular Virgin Mary on her back, so I want to get it so we can have "matching" tattoos.
  • Eunified
    Eunified Posts: 51
    Options
    I have in roman numerals my wedding anniversary date (on my wrist), on my lower back I have a shooting star(my "I'm 18 and can do it if I want), on my left foot I have 2 pink footprints for my girls and one blue one with angel wings for our son we lost, and I just got 4 butterfly outlines on my shoulder for all my grandparents and they are all different looking and teh colors are what their birthstones were =)

LOL I also have a shooting star on my tummy! It was also the "Im 18, I can do what I want!"
  • Eunified
    Eunified Posts: 51
    Options
    I have three tattoos.. a shooting star on my lower tummy (my I'm 18.. I can get tattoos! LOL I got it on senior cut day). I have a breast cancer ribbon on my inner ankle and "one step at a time" on my foot.
    =)
  • chelscc
    chelscc Posts: 29
    Options
    I have a cross with vines and a purple flower in the middle. I want a bunch more. It's an expression of each individuals personality and beliefs!
  • OKmac3
    OKmac3 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    These are all great guys. Here’s my next question. I have been pushing around the idea of my next tattoo for a few months now. So, I would love you all's input here are my choices:

1) A Celtic cross with my grandmother's initials and dates (11/4/1926 - 12/21/2007) I was going to use her signature, but her penmanship was horrific and her signature would not tat well.

2) Butterfly with the body as a purple support ribbon with 07/25/1988 under. Purple is the support ribbon for Transplant recipients, and my mother received her second liver transplant on 7/25/88. She is a miracle.

3) “The end of one is the beginning of another” My favorite quote EVER!!!!

Also any ideas where to put them? Thanks guys!

I like your ideas and say get all of them...lol

As for where to put them that is really up to you, not knowing you well does not help me. Because of where I work all of my tattoos are covered or can be covered by clothing. As you can tell by my post of what I have, my family crest are on the same leg to show the two families that created me and my kids are on the left leg. On my back behind my heart is my guardian angel (my bio mom who died after giving birth to me). I do not have any on my chest at the moment due to how my chest is and a tattoo will not look good on me there but that is my opinion.

Basically you need to find the spot on your body that honors your tattoo in a way that your proud of it. I do not know if what I said is much help but I hope you find the special places to put the tattoos. I think they are all great ideas
  • barbacasec
    barbacasec Posts: 106
    Options
    I have one on my wrist. I got it a month after my older brother died.
    It is 3 plumeria flowers (one for each kid me, my older and my younger brother) and his initals through them.
    It is a constant reminder to me of how short life can be and that I need to relax and take it one day at a time.
  • janebowenlmt
    Options
    Wow.

I have "Energy" on my inner left wrist and "Work" on the inner right in Tibetan Sanskrit. This is because I am an energy worker as part of my practice. (side note: With the location of these tattoos in the area of wrist "slitting" I wore bandages on them for 2 days and I had several people give me long questioning looks, but noone would ask. )

I have a sea turtle on my mid back between my shoulder blades. This animal is both my totem animal and that particular one is on my spirit drum.

Aaaand..

I have a pentacle on my right calf with a black cat wearing a pointy hat sitting next to a broom with the word "Bewitched" under her. (side note: Have had to inform MANY folks here in southwest missouri that this art has nothing to do with movies starring Nicole Kidman or cheesy 60's sitcoms)

She was my first and was in honor of me finally allowing myself to cast away fears and truly be a witch.
    Difficult in the bible belt....Just sayin

And at 10 years (we are currently at 7 My hubs and I are getting wedding rings tatted on)

I have plans for more, just not sure what they are yet
  • harmony223
    harmony223 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have eight

1) Symbol of my name in Japanese on my lower spine...first tattoo and i love the symbol
    2) Broken heart with blood dripping-having to do with pain in my life more than heart break
    3) my name on my inner right ankle
    4) laugh now cry later theather masks on my right back shoulder-because life a b sometimes...gotta laugh
    5) Lifes a gamble with cards and dice below my neck on back
    6) my daughter's name on my back left shoulder
    7) Dolphin...b/c I so love dolphins
    8) Faire on my hip....b/c I thought she was beatuiful

I plan on getting a sun/moon/star on the top of my shoulder. Had it done in henna down the shore and loved it. And also, this too shall pass in arabic going up my ribs, b/c of what i'm going through right now. Plus many many more :)