12 WEEK "END THE YEAR" STRONG

Options

Replies

• CoffeeFool
    CoffeeFool Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I wanna join to, and ngl my reasons for fitness are a bit vain: I want a good body :D

So
    CW: 128lbs/58kg
    Gw: 118lbs/53kg

This Week’s Challenges
    1) Curb emotional eating
    2) Limiting insecure thoughts
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    carlsoda wrote: »
    salleewins wrote: »
    carlsoda wrote: »
    Happy Friday!!

Yesterday was a great day - had my pie (work b-day party) enjoyed it, got a little heartburn from it and had a healthy supper. This is ultimately my goal...to be able to celebrate with special life events and get right back on track. Next Saturday we're hosting a surprise baby shower for my daughter and yes, I'll have a treat. We will however be having a super healthy lunch and I'll just choose what treat I want and stick to it!

So with the weekend upon us again, what's the plan to stay on track? I'll just keep remembering that Monday is weigh in so I don't want to gain between now and then :)

Have a great day!!!

I thought of weigh in a few times today and also how sick I am of letting stress derail me. I want to win at this! I worked today and at times it was tough. Only 38 calories over and really mostly super healthy eating. I am there 11 hours. Tomorrow will be the same.I was in the restaurant with client and stuck to a salad and fruit small plate with lemon for dressing and black coffee---I ate one 50 cal piece of chocolate only out of the bags client bought. The salad bar was unlimited and client kept urging me on. I didn't do it. I am planning another super healthy day at work tomorrow. I gave up diet soda and the last 2 days have been way easier--I don't feel hungry all the time to the point where I can't manage it. It is starting to work again!! I am off Sunday--yippee!! Planning all meals and bringing them to work with me is working finally. Also Sunday will be planned ahead. After work I will buy a single english muffin to make my own egg white sandwich for Sunday am to make it a different day. I am starting to just buy 1 of things I want that I don't want a lot of them around in the house more and more.. Works way better.

Have a great weekend!!

Yay!!! You should be very proud of yourself, hard situation to be in!!

Thank you!! Yesterday I forgot and had the diet soda, and ate extra once home from work errrrr. Still it was a miracle lost weight this am--it feels like. I pretended to take a french fry offered to me at dinner, and client didn't notice in the car. I JUST HAVE to remember to get coffee instead, cuz the cravings after that soda were terrible. I didn't want anything to eat and I figured 0 calories, but ...................But, I actually did laps in her apartment for 20 minutes while she napped. Yes I was happy with that.

Happy Sunday!! Shooting for another good day!!
  • amoykito
    amoykito Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I know I am joining late. I've been in a long recovery from a sports injury both ankles sprained a day apart last season. I want to lose all the weight I gained + the weight aI needed to lose already. Decrease joint pains from my Arthritis & get back to playing Rugby at peek in the New Year. Longer term I want to play with my teammates in our upcoming Rugby Tournament in Spring in Japan on the New World Cup Rugby Field! Woohoo!
  • tinaka2016
    tinaka2016 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    This weekend has been difficult with visiting family. I've over eaten :( and not looking forward to tomorrow's weigh in.
  • mamananette
    mamananette Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    All week I've been reminding myself that I'd be checking in with you this weekend. And it worked 5 days out of 7! I had a 250 calorie ice cream bar one day, and a piece of apple pie on a trip to an orchard. Otherwise, I reached for gum, or an under 50 calorie candy if I needed something sweet. I'm amazed when just a few M&Ms or Good&Plentys can put an end to a craving. I've stayed within my calorie goals even with the treats and kept active. So, I'm very happy to say I've lost another lb this week. CW 151 !!! Plateau busted.

I've noticed lots of water goals in posts. It's winter everyone, drink herbal teas. Bigelow's I Love Lemon and Benefit Beauty are personal favorites. Also, any brand of rooibos. All 0 calories, warm and tasty. Try this instead of cold water to up your water intke.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Finally a chance to check in! What a day and exhausted but ate pretty good! I am scared to weigh in tomorrow morning 😂 pls just stay the same! I will catch up on Monday!! Sleep now! Everyone is doing an amazing job!! I am proud of you all!
  • nancym30
    nancym30 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    tinaka2016 wrote: »
    This weekend has been difficult with visiting family. I've over eaten :( and not looking forward to tomorrow's weigh in.

Sending you a hug. Good for you for acknowledging it. I've had my ups and downs over the days, weeks, months, years :smile: Just keeping at it. I'm very thankful for being able to track on myfitnesspal, and this group's support. I'm sure that paying attention, planning, tracking, and keeping going, set by step, is the way. Best wishes to everyone for a good week. I'm down four pounds since starting this challenge, hurray!
  • Bridie_Bird
    Bridie_Bird Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Start Weight: 118.5kg
    Current Weight: 95.8kg
    Challenge Goal Weight: 85kg

Joining in late! Dropping it down to 10 weeks so that I can squeeze in by the end of the year with everyone else :). My goal weight for the challenge requires a bit of work and commitment, but anywhere close will be wonderful and the challenge itself is great for a real burst of intent and effort in the leadup to the end of the year.

This week's goals:
    1. Set up Fitbit-esque watch, and actually use it!
    2. 10,000 steps 5/7.
    3. Exercise 5/7, mostly gentle walking as carrying a gym niggle this week.
    4. On holiday Wednesday-Saturday with my beloved 93 year old Nanna who likes to eat every lunch and dinner out at a cafe or resturant. Goal with eating over that period is to always have poached eggs on toast for these lunches, and to go with the lightest option available for dinner. 2 ice creams allowed during this period!

Non-weight goals I would like to have acheived by the end of the 10 week challenge:
    1. Completed a walk/run 5km (either on treadmill or elsewhere). Current max at beginning of challenge: 3.66km on treadmill.
    2. Tried out a class at my gym
    3. Built a second machine into my gym exercise regime.
    4. Built in some very basic weight work into my gym exercise regime (arg!)
  • tinaka2016
    Options
    nancym30 wrote: »
    tinaka2016 wrote: »

Sending you a hug. Good for you for acknowledging it. I've had my ups and downs over the days, weeks, months, years :smile: Just keeping at it. I'm very thankful for being able to track on myfitnesspal, and this group's support. I'm sure that paying attention, planning, tracking, and keeping going, set by step, is the way. Best wishes to everyone for a good week. I'm down four pounds since starting this challenge, hurray!

Thank you for the hug! And congratulations on your 4lb loss since starting the challenge!! Hoping you have a good week too.
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    CoffeeFool wrote: »
    I wanna join to, and ngl my reasons for fitness are a bit vain: I want a good body :D

So
    CW: 128lbs/58kg
    Gw: 118lbs/53kg

This Week’s Challenges
    1) Curb emotional eating
    2) Limiting insecure thoughts

Ha ha. When it comes down to it--somehow we all went a better body I think as one of our goals. I do!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Week 2 guys!! Updated weight and goals for this week!

CW: 153.8
    GW: 144
    Challenge Weight Loss to achieve: 9.8 lbs

10/15/18: 152.8 (1 lb loss!)
    10/22/18: 152.2 (1/2 lb loss!)

Week 1 Challenges to over come:

Absolutely NO buying anything downstairs at our little shop. NOTHING!!!!!!
    Keep my carbs at net 40 grams max. I follow a low carb lifestyle and I need to become more consistent

Week 2 Challenges to over come:

This week I'm going to work more on "moving more". I've been lazy for quite a while. I need to be more consistent getting in 10,000+ steps a day.
    Keep working on Week 1 challenges!

Week 3 Challenges to over come:
    Two things I want to work on this week...one is finding some sort of distraction for when I feel hungry and just automatically reach for food. I need to either get up and walk or go get a drink of water! Second, this is my last week of yoga (paying) so I need to start doing yoga consistently at home. So starting this week 5/7 days I'll be doing at least 15 minutes of yoga.
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Wow, what a weekend! It was so busy and next weekend will be the same! Saturday we're hosting a surprise baby shower and Sunday I'm going to see Melissa Hartwig (Whole 30) at a local Barnes and Noble with my daughter. It will be so fun to see her in person! I'm definitely buying her new book so I can can get an autograph! SO..apologizing in advanced for being MIA over weekends!!!

In theme with our end of year challenge I found a great quote, which I've seen many times before:

MOTIVATION IS WHAT GETS YOUR STARTED; HABIT IS WHAT KEEPS YOU GOING.

The whole premise of this challenge is every week to pick something to challenge yourself and add on to it each and every week. Some weeks it maybe a huge struggle and we need to keep working on it much longer, other weeks it will be easier. This week my big challenge is finding a new habit when I feel hungry between meals. I give in way to easy and just grab a protein bar, instead I need to just walk away from the situation and see if I am truly hungry or is it something else. This is such a mind game here, but worth it!

Last week I noticed that my carbs were excellent...nice and low...but my calories were too high. Only logging food and analyzing your week can you start to see patterns. I definitely saw my pattern last week! I'm amazed I still lost weight with my daily calories being between 1800 and 2,000/day. Far too high for someone who's only 5'4" :)

Here's to a great week of learning and losing...weight that is :)

• RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Starting weight (10/9/18): 261.8
    Current weight (10/22/18): 259.4
    Challenge goal weight: 240
    Ultimate goal weight: 150

Week 3 challenges:
    1. Substitute at least one unhealthy snack per day for something healthy
    2. Walk 30+ minutes 3 or more days this week
    3. Limit diet soda intake to no more than 20oz per day

Week 2 challenges to continue:
    1. Log all foods on here
    2. Drink at least 80 oz water every day
  • amendez70
    amendez70 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am starting this challenge late but I am motivated by you all.

Starting Weight 254.4 October 8th
    CW: 247.4
    Challenge Weight Loss to achieve: 24 lbs

10/08/18 254.4
    10/15/18: 252.4
    10/22/18: 247.4

3rd week: Track all I eat.
  • tinaka2016
    Options
    SW: 144
    CW: 139 (this is also my UW)

Wk 1: 143
    Wk 2: 144.8

I've eaten out twice over the weekend, so I'm hoping that this is a result of sodium and missed gym sessions last week.

A new start for me this week, definitely need to focus on water, stick to my meal and exercise plan.
  • MsArriabella
    MsArriabella Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    CW: 175.6
    GW: 130
    Challenge Goal Weight: 164 lbs

10/08/18: 175.6
    10/15/18: 175.2
    10/22/18: 172.2

Week 2 Challenges to over come:
    Lower mileage this week, so need to watch calories closer!
    Drink more water during the day
  • Liftinglex
    Liftinglex Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday guys !! Last week kinda sucked lol baby and I were sick so I only made it to the gym twice and I went over calories a couple days and dramatically went over carbs yesterday (I ate pizza!!!) However to my surprise I’m 148 😱 I lost a pound and half ! This week goal is the same as last week stay within macros !!

SW: 150
    CW: 148
    GW: 140
  • jacquelinej67
    jacquelinej67 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 164
    Challenge goal: 152

10/08: 164
    10/22: 159.8

Goals this week:
    10,000 steps each day. I’m going to take advantage of the nice weather we’re having.

Track everything. The weekends are still a struggle.