Replies

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    <3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,494 Member
    Options
    Machka lovely pics and not just the trail ;)
    Lisa "... if I were detached..." true words. So glad to hear you acknowledge your worth and expertise!
    Heather "Moving day is Tuesday..." Eeeeee! At Last!!!
    Cynthia in Ont. beautiful ships!
    Beth dodgeball-hate it. Licensed aggression.
    Allie that grand daughter of yours is a cutie, as is Alfie!
    Welcome Sarah
    Rebecca love the Christmas rules, especially the last one.
    Good luck, Ginger! We'll be interested in hearing the results of your social media fast in mid Nov.

Walked (mostly) while watching Episode 2 of Broken Brain (Thanks Lanette!) to get back on the minimal steps wagon.
    Doing better with the veggies, tomorrow I'll roast the Brussels Sprouts, stuff the mushrooms and maybe steam the artichokes.
    Don't let's talk about house cleaning...

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    60 g protein 22/28, rx/vits 16/28, meditate 12/28, walk one more step 21/28, knee exercises 12/28, core 3/16, walk Tumble 4/16 times, SWSY 0/8, hang up or purge art 0/0, AF 19/28.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    grogers511 wrote: »
    Hi folks. Checking in. This has been a tough month for me. The weight roller coaster continued.
    I'm going back to tracking and recording my daily carbs, fiber and exercise. I'll track a daily goals checklist in my bullet journal. That works for me. Not just the actual tracking in MFP and Fitbit. But actually recording it in a way to be accountable to myself.
    • I've also decided to do a two week social media fast. I've seen this going around - I think there was a challenge in the Mormon community, I like the idea. It's simpler than my whole 2017 digital detox idea.
    I've been concerned with my addiction to my iPhone and iPad. Most of that time spent in social media. So from Nov 1st thru 14th - no Facebook or YouTube or Pinterest. No visiting the community here or in other online social groups. I will use MFP to track my food - but I won't visit the group here. I plan to focus my attention on other things. Get my dopamine hit from exercise or writing or visiting family. Doing things with Mama (91). Break this cycle of addiction.

Wish me luck!
    -- Ginger in Texas

Good Luck, Ginger!

Karen in Virginia
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,711 Member
    Options
    Good luck today Heather I know today will be very emotional in so many ways..but think about your new sea side home and how close you'll be to the grands...
    I awoke at 4:15 and Alfie I'd jumping all over me and wants to play ...I'm still trying to wake up...
    The Boston Red Sox won the world series and my parents had the best seat in the house..
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Heather hugs and strength as you make this wonderful step into your Hove Home. Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good. Hold on to that <3 Sleep will come.

Sugar is not my biggest temptation but staying away from it almost entirely (I eat an apple a day) has helped me regulate my hunger. My meals are fairly predictable and timed about the same every day. Right now, I'm pretty good with stopping all eating by 6:30 pm and eating again at around 9:00 a.m. this seems to be the secret sauce for me. Of course, the holiday rampup is a distant drumbeat, and Becca's quote is spot on! I never try to lose weight around the holiday times, just maintain my healthiest weight, while enjoying a few beautiful meals with folks I love.

NYKAREN
  • CynthiaByrne
    CynthiaByrne Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Welcome Sarah - I too am a newbie, and a have a major sweet tooth. I try to limit my sweets and enjoy in moderation, but we both know that sometimes that doesn't work well and I end up in a binge! My husband says I obsess about food too. We kinda have to, if we want to keep our weight in check.

Katla49 - It was just a fun race (for bragging rights). We did race according to size. The winds were strong (25kts) and we went like stink. We finished 2nd last, but it was our first time racing, so we are happy with that! It was an extremely fun filled weekend.
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Woke up thinking of you, Heather! The triumph of three years of struggle, and how well-deserved your happy ending is of moving into your new home in Hove.

Not looking forward to these last two days of this trip, which is why I haven't said much about them, just trying to accept what I can't change without letting it make me nuts. It begins with an off-site meeting, so I must travel in a van this morning with five other people two hours away, then meetings all afternoon with 30+ people, dinner tonight with 30+ people, then meetings all morning Tuesday with 30+ people, and another van ride back. By the grace of the choice of hotel, which is mostly single rooms, I do have a room alone tonight, and I'm just holding onto that as my only chance for any moments of solitude in the next 48 hours. As soon as we get back from the meeting, I'm off to the airport.

Oddly enough, for an introvert, airports are my happy place. Kind of annoying to me to realize I am happier around a thousand people I don't know than 30 that I do.

Please note, once I'm in this, I'll be fine. I'm just a big fat dreader, and sorely dread things like this until I am actually in them.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in Texas until midnight tomorrow...
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,225 Member
    Options
    The smaller lorry arrived and the very nice young guy who had come to do the original estimate was here to start on the packing. :D He's pretty much done the kitchen stuff now. We just left him to it and went out together for a walk in the chilly sunshine around the lanes. Needed it as a stress buster.
    Like Lisa I'm OK once things actually get going.
    But I do feel very TIRED.
    Going to make us all a cup of tea now. Have already made him coffee.
    The other two guys are coming soon with the big lorry for the furniture etc. They are leaving us the bed, sofa, TV etc for tonight. We are eating in the pub.
    Love Heather UK XXXXXX
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Happy Monday! The weekend was busy with cleaning, paperwork, and food prep/yogurt making. The yogurt turned out fantastic! Tastes SO much better than the store bought stuff. I strained a lot of the whey out of it to make it thick like Greek Yogurt. I think I may even be able to get Tim (my hubby) to start eating yogurt as this doesn't have the tartness of store bought. Now...I will have to experiment with stove top or crock pot versions; as I don't have the money for my own Instant Pot.
    Ginger- Good to hear from you! Sending thoughts of strength as you give up tech/social media! Not easy, but definitely worth it. I set a timer when I feel things are getting out of control.
    Welcome Sarah and Cynthia- Remember to bookmark this page (click the star on the Women 50+ line) and on Wednesday, the last day of October, look for Barbie's last post for the link to take us into November!
    Heather- So sorry you are not getting sleep! Horrible how our brains work at all hours, sometimes! But sleep is on the way! I can't believe how fast everything has gone since everything was approved/signed etc! Hove and the grandbabies in time for the Holidays! Yea! <3

Ugh! Was going to chat a bit longer, but Tim just came in and we got into a bit of a argument about Trump. Not getting political; but that is one of those topics that we can't discuss in my house. >:) First kiddo is arriving now. ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,350 Member
    Options
    Did Rodney Yee’s Yoga Burn DVD today. One thing I must say, that Rodney Yee has one hot bod. Sure makes doing this DVD a lot, lot, easier on the eye….lol The plan for tomorrow is to do one section of a 10 Minute Solution Butt Lift DVD, hold my plank, then take the extremepump class.

Heather – our clocks go back next weekend. That means that we’re going to be one hour behind Jess…boo.

M – so glad your events were successful! You did quite well with the selfie

After exercise went to Aldi. Vince needed milk and I needed a few other things. This is a good time to go. See, down here in the Bible Belt people are in church on Sun. mornings (I usually go Sat. night) so the store is pretty well empty (except for a few heathens….lol like me). It starts to get a bit busy around 10 when people get out of church. Then it really gets busy around 11:30 when those who go out to breakfast after church are finished with their breakfast. So I go at 9 and the place is practically empty

Lisa – I really hope this renter comes thru for you. Sounds so exciting for you. What a wonderful place to run you had.

Cindy – I find that I can add weight very easily in winter, too, since I’m in the house all day. In summertime I’m in the pool. Fortunately, this year Jess’ cat is with us so many times I just go in her room and spend some time with her which helps (sometimes) me not to eat.

Heather – pretty soon you’ll have a new run!

Rebecca – that’s what always happens to me when I use sweetened condensed milk! I tried putting marshmallows in it once only they don’t mix in all that well. I just thought of something, I wonder what it’ll be like if I add unflavored gelatin? If you leave the fudge with the gelatin out, will it get “runny” like regular gelatin does. But with the addition of the chocolate, maybe not. Think I’ll give that a try. Can’t hurt, can it? And I know Vince will like his chocolate in whatever form it comes in.

About your sister: could it be that she has a hard time dealing with illness? Maybe she’s avoiding, not you but seeing your hubby sick. Update: I made the fudge with unflavored gelatin. I used 4 pkgs to one cup of water. It looks like it’s setting up. Of course, I have to give it more time. We shall see how it holds up out of the refrigerator. I’m thinking that the chocolate will reharden, but I don’t know that for a fact. We shall see….. Update Update: it came out very rubbery, like jello. Reminded me of the time I made chocolate marshmallows. I think I’ll tell Vince they’re marshmallows because if I tell him it’s fudge, he may not eat it. It doesn’t have the “creamyness” of the fudge you get in the store. I wonder if next time I need to add heavy cream and whip the cream/chocolate or maybe just the cream.

Michele in NC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,899 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    My husband & I had a nice 5-day weekend away.
    Mainly we hosted 2 Audax cycling events but we did several other things too. :)

Those "several other things" included walking, a little bit of cycling, running (me ... I was jogging everywhere!), two dinners out together, two lunches out together, and driving home a different way than usual.

I had a long list of things I wanted to do over the weekend … but did almost none of them. Instead I was crawling into bed at a highly unusual hour of the evening … between about 10:30 and 11:00 most nights!!!!!! Then I read for anywhere from half an hour to an hour before falling asleep.

It's been 7.5 months since we've been to northern Tasmania. It was really good to get back there and to be able to do many of things we've done before. :)

And then we walked all the way to the beach, halfway along the beach, and back home today.

The travel tired my husband quite a bit so I’m glad that I decided to do a short trip to the north part of the state rather than a flight anywhere. The driving tired me too! I have not driven that much in years … probably since 2008 or maybe early 2009. I covered about 700 km in 5 days. I think I’m getting better at it, but it does require a lot of concentration.

Machka in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,558 Member
    Options
    Last day of work!!!😃👏👏👏🎊🎉👍🏽
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,558 Member
    Options
    qg51ml7ya3he.jpeg
    kf5oxn5napfj.jpeg
    This is the b4 shot of the laundry area with the old washer, will post the new one when I can, gonna miss the French doors tho
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,058 Member
    Options
    Live to eat?
    Eat to Live?

I am working on trying to focus on EAT TO LIVE!

I want to try and make choices that help me feel better and give me the right kind of energy to be active in the activities I enjoy.

I did gain two pounds on my recent trip. I ate out almost every meal. It did help that I stayed as active as I could. There is a wonderful nature preserve I walked in and when I was at the hotel I swam everyday. At my brothers I was on the third floor and had many stairs to go up and down. Eating out is one of my biggest challenges because I even if I order veggies they might be coated in oil and/or salt. At one restaurant they were so over cooked they looked like mush.

I was able to spend a delightful day with my great niece during my recent trip. I took her to lunch, then we played a game, I listened to her read a book I brought down for her, we drew together, and then went for a walk and admired all the fun Halloween decorations. It appears skeletons are quite popular this year. She is just a delight to be with when I have her to myself. I also read a book to her class Ladybug Girl she picked out.

:heart: Margaret
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,711 Member
    Options
    Pip - for good? You retiring?
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,349 Member
    Options