edited November 2018
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    cee134 wrote: »
    When I encounter others different from me, not in race or ethnicity, but rather tastes in music and pop culture likes/dislikes, for example. I start to wonder if I'm odd. I don't get a lot of references and I end up googling more than I care to admit.

This is me too. Most pop culture references fly over my head, probably because I’ve never had a tv and I don’t listen to the radio. I’ve always been aware/annoyed that people thought i was a stereotypical dumb blonde when really I just didn’t spend my childhood in front of a tv. 😑

It's time to play the game, Does Taco know what we are talking about:

Do you pity the fool? Mr. T- but never seen it
    Is knowing half the battle? Is this a pop culture reference? I thought it was just an expression
    Alf? Alien life form with enormous schnozz
    What color are Smurfs? Blue! I watched this at the babysitters sometimes
    Who was saved by the bell? Erkel. Jk i watched this in hotels, Zach Morris
    Don't have a - what, man? A) horse B ) cow C) elephant D) taco cow, i had a tape with music by Bart 😅
    How many Friends were in Friends? I have watched every episode, although its been at least ten years
    Who got into one little fight and had to move to Bel-Air? fresh prince i assume? I have no idea

See, you knowish.

Knowing is half the battle is from G.I. Joe
    and
    Fresh Prince moved to Bel-Air as per his theme song.

A recent example would be ‘tree fiddy’. I’ve seen people say that around here so much I thought it was a reference to an mfp thread. Then one day @Caporegiem made a south park joke that i clearly didn’t get, so when he asked me about it i said i had never even watched the show. He called me out on using tree fiddy and said “you’ve been pretending to know all this time? 😂” and i was like “pretending to know? I didn’t even know there WAS anything to know, I didn’t know it was a south park thing at all 😬”

1p1l69.jpg

@caco_ethes so this means nothing to you???

lxh75hq7faxq.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWXluoGU7aw
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    When I encounter others different from me, not in race or ethnicity, but rather tastes in music and pop culture likes/dislikes, for example. I start to wonder if I'm odd. I don't get a lot of references and I end up googling more than I care to admit.

This is me too. Most pop culture references fly over my head, probably because I’ve never had a tv and I don’t listen to the radio. I’ve always been aware/annoyed that people thought i was a stereotypical dumb blonde when really I just didn’t spend my childhood in front of a tv. 😑

Is knowing half the battle? Is this a pop culture reference? I thought it was just an expression
    Don't have a - what, man? A) horse B ) cow C) elephant D) taco cow, i had a tape with music by Bart 😅
    How many Friends were in Friends? I have watched every episode, although its been at least ten years
    Who got into one little fight and had to move to Bel-Air? fresh prince i assume? I have no idea

See, you knowish.

and

A recent example would be ‘tree fiddy’. I’ve seen people say that around here so much I thought it was a reference to an mfp thread. Then one day @Caporegiem made a south park joke that i clearly didn’t get, so when he asked me about it i said i had never even watched the show. He called me out on using tree fiddy and said “you’ve been pretending to know all this time? 😂” and i was like “pretending to know? I didn’t even know there WAS anything to know, I didn’t know it was a south park thing at all 😬”

1p1l69.jpg

lxh75hq7faxq.jpg

She understands now, I refused to be her friend until she watched it.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options

See, you knowish.

and

1p1l69.jpg

lxh75hq7faxq.jpg

She understands now, I refused to be her friend until she watched it.

That was a close one. Just to be safe I'll be explaining everything to her now.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    people go “trust your instincts” but my instincts are to pack up and retreat from society to a compound in the woods with little human interaction

"Never retreat" ~

Napoleon
    Bobby Fischer
    Lao Tzu
    Winston Churchill
    Thomas Edison
    Marv from home alone
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    These last two months have been so hectic and a blur. I am really missing my family and social interaction.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    people go “trust your instincts” but my instincts are to pack up and retreat from society to a compound in the woods with little human interaction

"Never retreat" ~

Napoleon
    Bobby Fischer
    Lao Tzu
    Winston Churchill
    Thomas Edison
    Marv from home alone

Marv lol

See I like "trust your gut" becuase you dont have to retreat but usually means I'm about to eat

Me in the Halloween candy...

giphy.gif
  • Pour_Decisions
    Pour_Decisions Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    A nap. This is the worse time of day to be in the office. I'm so sleepy. :sleeping:
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    In just over THREE days, children have been killed or severely injured by motorists speeding by school buses, clearly NOT following simple road rules. WTH is happening out there? THREE days, FIVE separate incidents! This is beyond heinous and alarming. Families now are less first borns because of reckless and heartless dimwits thinking that they are above the law. Children should NOT be expected to make that kind of last decision, a calculated risk to sacrifice self for younger siblings.
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    In just over THREE days, children haven been killed or severely injured by motorists speeding by school buses, clearly NOT following simple road rules. WTH is happening out there? THREE days, FIVE separate incidents! This is beyond heinous and alarming. Families now are less first borns because of reckless and heartless dimwits thinking that they are above the law. Children should NOT be expected to make that kind of last decision, a calculated risk to sacrifice self for younger siblings.

Everyone needs to slow the *kitten* down and keep their eyes and mind on the *kitten* road. You don't know how many lives you can change or even destroy by not paying attention on the road. There is no phone call, no text, no snap no anything that's more important than my daughters.

Thank you TJ. One would think it a no brainer response, right?

We're about to put signs up in this neighbourhood near ALL the bus stops. Initially, we didn't think it an issue, until we started to run by 2 of the stops during our AM run. It's like a freaking race track of fast cars and 4WDs trying to squeeze by. I am just not mentally prepared to witness something that traumatic.

Apologies for rehashing things for you. Your girls are very fortunate you love them as much as you do. A come hell or high water type of protective Dad. Hugs.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    What the hell does cray cray even mean?!

It means:

uz0t9v7lvvmi.gif
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    Oh I have gotta love my neighbours. Speculation is ongoing about a new resident. Someone has it on good authority that he is connected to law enforcement. The consensus tonight is, he cannot be actual law enforcement, as he breaks all the traffic laws daily in his neon loud Challenger. Lol. Apparently, the only thing he could be, if attached to law enforcement at all, is an informant. :laugh: