Replies

• lmm1845
    lmm1845 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Sure
  • rupshaw
    rupshaw Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I’m in, goal is 20lbs by year end but with the holidays in the way, it’d be great to have and help motivate others! SW is 171, and I’m 5’6”. My pup is good at encouraging!
  • nicole3921
    nicole3921 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I’m in as well!

Currently 171
    Goal 161

Feel free to add me as well.
  • MissTeriAnn
    MissTeriAnn Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Here's a pic:)
    85svqotn2o28.jpg

Oh wow looks delicious!! Curry is on my list of foods to try and make! I’ll post pictures soon of what I’ve been up to!!
  • MissTeriAnn
    Options
    ndbme3gu24j8.jpeg
    tlox237g6906.jpeg

Finally made my soup to last for a few days most likely two days. Also bought a ton of veggies to bake and frozen tilapia and shrimp!

Today was a small challenge. It was my sorry day back to work from maternity leave. All I wanted was to eat out after work. Perfect excuse “I’m tired and don’t want to cook” I pulled through and made a huge batch of Mexican meatball soup. It was my first time making it so I made a healthy version, no oils/fats or rice. Came out good. I weight the meatballs so they cane out to about 50 calories per meatball and added an avocado and cilantro for some life to it! Breakfast was great too. I bought egg whites and learned I can microwave it. Breakfast was egg whites and an avocado too!! This will probably be my go to breakfast for a couple days. Nice little change.

Been working out (except Halloween) and staying low in calories. Had some candies but not too overboard.

I also got a low 158 lbs but of course the next morning it was 160. Agh, I wanted to log that pound loss but I’m waiting until it stays consistent!
  • bgishn
    bgishn Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This is perfect! My starting weight was about 146 2nd week of October and goal is 126 by my half marathon Feb 3rd. Currently 140. My calories are set to 1470/day.

I can do this, as long as I track everything and motivate myself to work out. Even if my diary isn't perfect every day - and it rarely is..
  • Dukare
    Dukare Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    ndbme3gu24j8.jpeg
    tlox237g6906.jpeg

Finally made my soup to last for a few days most likely two days. Also bought a ton of veggies to bake and frozen tilapia and shrimp!

Today was a small challenge. It was my sorry day back to work from maternity leave. All I wanted was to eat out after work. Perfect excuse “I’m tired and don’t want to cook” I pulled through and made a huge batch of Mexican meatball soup. It was my first time making it so I made a healthy version, no oils/fats or rice. Came out good. I weight the meatballs so they cane out to about 50 calories per meatball and added an avocado and cilantro for some life to it! Breakfast was great too. I bought egg whites and learned I can microwave it. Breakfast was egg whites and an avocado too!! This will probably be my go to breakfast for a couple days. Nice little change.

Been working out (except Halloween) and staying low in calories. Had some candies but not too overboard.

I also got a low 158 lbs but of course the next morning it was 160. Agh, I wanted to log that pound loss but I’m waiting until it stays consistent!

I know what you mean!! I have a weight change but I'm hesitant to log it until it stays consistent.

... how long do you wait? I usually say if it's stayed for a week I'm allowed to log it...

Soup is a great way to get a lot for one cooked meal! I need to get a food scale...
  • tthickens637
    tthickens637 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    ndbme3gu24j8.jpeg
    tlox237g6906.jpeg

Nice job overcoming 'sorry day back to work'! The food looks great too. I'm going to look up a similar recipe and try it. BTW, I found a pattern in my weight loss. I have a few days of plateau, then go UP one day, and down, below the plateau, the next. So I now watch for the up day and I know that a drop is coming. Discovering this was great because I used to get so disappointed from an up day. Now I look forward to it:)
  • 85harper
    85harper Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in need to do this keep saying start tomorrow but seriously need to start now
  • tthickens637
    Options
    Dukare wrote: »
    ndbme3gu24j8.jpeg
    tlox237g6906.jpeg

I know what you mean!! I have a weight change but I'm hesitant to log it until it stays consistent.

... how long do you wait? I usually say if it's stayed for a week I'm allowed to log it...

Soup is a great way to get a lot for one cooked meal! I need to get a food scale...

I weigh and log every day - no matter what the scale says. The Happy Scale app helps smooth out fluctuations and predicts losses based on all your numbers - up and down. Kind of fun.
  • tthickens637
    Options
    85harper wrote: »
    I'm in need to do this keep saying start tomorrow but seriously need to start now

You just started! Congrats - one step at a time right:)
  • MissTeriAnn
    Options
    Dukare wrote: »

Soup is a great way to get a lot for one cooked meal! I need to get a food scale...[/quote]

Well, I’ll feel confident to log once it fluctuates up and down 2 pounds less, if that makes sense.

Yes I love fall because I can hide in my sweaters and have warm soup. I use to eat Pho almost every week but since im determines to eat better im making my own soups.

I love finding recipes and tweaking them a little.

Getting a scale has help me lose weight because I know for sure how much calories I’m putting in my body but it doesn’t help when I go out to eat lol.

I just downloaded an app I saw other users here recommended call happy scale. It shows my pattern. Maybe I’ll notice a drop after gain! If so I’ll be super excited to see a pound up lol.

I finally printed out my “before” pictures of me. I’ll be putting them in the fridge that my hunger for change is stronger than my hunger for junk food! :)

Well have a great night! I noticed I’m rambling on here haha.
  • MissTeriAnn
    Options

Nice job overcoming 'sorry day back to work'! The food looks great too. I'm going to look up a similar recipe and try it. BTW, I found a pattern in my weight loss. I have a few days of plateau, then go UP one day, and down, below the plateau, the next. So I now watch for the up day and I know that a drop is coming. Discovering this was great because I used to get so disappointed from an up day. Now I look forward to it:)[/quote]

Thanks you 😊 oh I meant to say my first day back to work lol.

Yes there are so many recipes for this soup I just searched and searched until I found one that I can do and adjust.

I think I’ll get to see a pattern finally with the happy scale app! I know our weight fluctuates a lot. Maybe I’ll wake up with a ten pound loss over night 😂😂 I’m kidding that’s wishful thinking.

Hehe. Have a great weekend and stay strong!!

• Bambi2810
    Bambi2810 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hope I'm not too late to join in! This is exactly the kinda thing I need, first day back on here in a couple of months and accountability with some lovely folks will be a huge help! 😊
    SW: 149
    CW: 142
    I think I rely too much on cutting calories really low and not doing enough exercise which is why I usually gain the weight back so this time it's all about energy up for me!
    Good luck everyone!! 🖤
  • Dukare
    edited November 2018
    Options

I weigh and log every day - no matter what the scale says. The Happy Scale app helps smooth out fluctuations and predicts losses based on all your numbers - up and down. Kind of fun.

I just started using Libra. It gives a trend.

Not sure why I never thought to get a separate app for weight logging. I just weigh almost every day, and if the numbers stay consistent for over a week or two (average), then I'm actually that weight. I recorded it in this app as an integer. Then, whenever I see the doc I take that number in its decimals as recorded truth. - though not to heart as much cause they even say don't trust it as much.

It's a mini challenge for me to break 200 at the docs by 5lb. Then I know for sure I'm down!

I did break it once. Got to 198 something once. It was shocking .....and amazing haha.

Why is it seem so very hard to get over this wall? .... I can get down, but to break 200 .....and get into the low 190s is just a whole different ball game.

......... that I'm going to win this time around.
  • JuliBiGoolee
    JuliBiGoolee Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Some things I've thought about since being a regular tracker and being accountable:
    Everything I eat is there, right in front of my face. Am I proud of my choices? Sometimes, some meals, yes. Is eating 400+ calories in Halloween candy daily a wise choice? Probably not lol. Did I track every single Kit Kat? Damn right I did. Since I'm within my caloric intake (most days) will I still lose? We'll see. I have since starting this challenge.
    Gone are the days of "I don't understand why I can't lose weight, I eat pretty good, usually" because when I track, I can see EXACTLY what and how much I eat: good, bad or too much. With accountability and tracking, the mysteries are solved, the assumptions are gone. This challenge and MFP has helped me not beat myself up over weight and choices. If I've been eating crap, goal is to stop eating so much crap.
    As far as exercise, well, ill get there eventually. We are all human, progress not perfection. Just what i was thinking... happy Saturday everybody!
  • Dukare
    Options
    Guys! Since my last post, I weighed myself and though I don't necessarily think it's the true weight but just a fluctuation- I saw a number under 200!!!

It is something magical to be able to see a number starting with 1, even if it is fleeting throughout a week - it means it is coming!

Happy Saturday indeed!
  • Meltingangel
    Meltingangel Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I would like to join.
    CW: 155 lbs
    GW for this challenge: 140 lbs
  • karenesg
    karenesg Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I'm trying hard to get my head back in the game. I'm in. Need the support to keep the daily dedication.
    CW: 188
    GW by 2/1: 173

Keep up the good work everyone . Yay to all you losers! It sure isn't easy