Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    JFT - Friday November 2
    2L of Water πŸ™‚
    Calories in Green by 150 - 😈 in red by 182
    5 Fruits and Veggies 4/5
    Only 1 Evening Snack 😈 I need those chips out of here!
    Walk 1 Mile - 😈
    5 Littles at Bathroom Break-😈
    Write in Journal - 😈
    Stay FOCUSED - DO IT - QUIT BEING DISAPPOINTED WITH MYSELF 😈😈😈 I am not happy with myself.

JFT - Saturday November 3
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    Walk 1 Mile
    5 Littles at Bathroom Break
    Write in Journal
    Stay FOCUSED - DO IT - QUIT BEING DISAPPOINTED WITH MYSELF

Heading to my cousins shortly. Will be a tough day/night to stay in track but I’m going to try not to go overboard.

Hubby fixed the dryer fuse for me yesterday so I did three loads of laundry last night and tidied a bit. It’s hard to keep it looking clean when there are 700 wood slices on your counters!

My boss emailed me back yesterday after I had sent the letter for my staff to him to approve. He told me not to assume I would be done before my office worker. He had already told me my last day would be Nov 9 so I don’t know what’s happening now. My office workers last day is Nov 30. I’ll take and extra couple weeks if I can get them.

It may be later in the day when I can check in tomorrow, but know I’ll be thinking about my goals and all of you!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Very late checking in here! Was a good day yesterday even though I didn’t manage everything on my list. Drinking more water seems to have made a real difference so need to keep that up this weekend. Also I finally made it to hot yoga after work and I’m so glad I went even though I was tired. Feeling good today and already banked lots of exercise!

Friday goals recap
    - morning workout βœ…
    - Take out cash for piano teacher on way to school ❎
    - Fill 1.5ltr water bottle on arrival βœ…
    - Reply to J❎
    - Home at lunchtime for car. βœ…Drop off cash
    - Confirm play date and party plans for the kids next Friday❎
    - Write up notes from parent talk last nightβœ…
    - stick worksheets for Monday and Tuesday❎
    - Order laminating pouches (a5 or a6?)βœ…
    - Hot yoga after workβœ…
    - Early night ❎

Saturday goals
    - morning workout βœ…
    - Wash girls hair and pack for weekend with their dad βœ…
    - Yoga at 10:45 βœ…
    - Eyebrow threading and coffee with friend βœ…
    - Health food shop βœ…
    - Laundry
    - Go and see bf
    - Keep up water intake

Have a great weekend everyone! X
  • GW4321
    GW4321 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    JFT, Fri, Nov 2
    1. log all food
    2. Eat less than 1700 calories
    3. Drink at least 8 glasses of water
    4. Walk for 90 minutes
    5. At least 30 minutes of lifting weights.
    Results- I didn’t get a chance to lift weights yesterday, so I’ll try to make up for it today.

JFT, Sat, Nov 3
    1. log all food
    2. Eat less than 1850 calories
    3. Drink at least 8 glasses of water
    4. Walk for 120 minutes
    5. At least 45 minutes of lifting weights.
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    CHECKING IN... What's YOUR HAPPY PLACE? AND IS IT AN ACTUAL PLACE OR
    A THOUGHT, OR A PERSON?
    MINE IS A WHITE ROOM WITH PATIO STYLE GLASS DOORS WITH WHITE SHEER
    CURTAINS THAT OPEN TO A BALCONY THAT OVERLOOKS A TROPICAL SETTING OF
    FUSCIA, CORAL, PNK, AND LAVISH GREENERY. WITH HINTS OF LAVENDER, and VANILLA
    FRAGRANCE IN THE AIR. AND THE CRYSTAL CLEAR OCEAN OF TURQUOISE BLUE AND
    WHITE SEA CAPS AGAINST GLISTENING ROCKS. CANDLES ATOP GOLDEN CANDLE
    STICKS , HALOING AN IVORY AND MARBLE COLUMN KING BED. Soft jazz playing

• madjoyfish
    madjoyfish Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! New to this thread but need to get back on it- maintained well for a few years but then had major life upheaval and have been creeping steadily up. So, today’s goals:
    - drink water
    - Do at least 15 minute workout (HIT)
    - Log all food
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Posting @ 6:30 North Carolina time.
    Saturday night was eventful, but without going into a long drawn out story, I'll sum
    It all up by this...
    6,756 steps
    2.74 Miles
    942 cal. burned
    64 Mins. Recorded by my FitBit.

JFT
    HAIR
    MEDS
    PRAYER CONFERENCE CALL
    FOOTBALL at 1:00p.m.
    Eat mindfully
    Read

I Love and care about all of you... Big squeezes! Try and have a good Sunday Everyone.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Sat AM
    1. Smoothie :)
    2. Fish Oil :)
    3. L coming at 9:30 to pick up boxes :)
    4. Head over to moms to help clean by 10ish - should be on schedule!

Jft sat
    1. Log all food :)
    2. Drink 1 water per seltzer :)
    3. Be kind :)
    4. Stay in deficit, anything under maintenance :) 100ish in the red but well,under maintenance
    5. Eat lunch at mom's :) i said no to takeout! She likes to use me as a junk food eating excuse still!
    6. Be kind :)

Jft sun am
    1. Smoothie working in it will check back again
    2. Fish oil see above

JFT sun
    1. Log all food
    2. Stay below maintenance
    3. Be kind and say what you feel
    4. Vacuum/dishwasher/laundry away
    5. Dog park
    6. Drink at least 6 waters
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Posting @ 6:30 North Carolina time.
    Saturday night was eventful, but without going into a long drawn out story, I'll sum
    It all up by this...
    6,756 steps
    2.74 Miles
    942 cal. burned
    64 Mins. Recorded by my FitBit.

I'm nosy and want to know the details! ;)

JFT:
    • Walk
    • Laundry
    • Tidy kitchen
  • Sofia_Alegria
    Sofia_Alegria Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    JFT:
    30 minute walking work out. :)
    Wash car.
    Bathe the dog.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Saturday
    1. Feed cats. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Leave for Y by 7:30. Treadmill run. Strength class.
    2. Shower. Check for directions and phone numbers. Volunteering.
    3. Check upcoming to-do list. November challenge: Red cup and fives! Do #7 and switch out for writing article about scaffolding presentations; check on submissions requirements for EJ.
    4. Finish essay and submit. Check on lunches tomorrow.
    5. Park walk if needed. Steps to 10k. Put laundry away.
    6. Prep Sun meals. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00.

JFT Sunday
    1. Feed cats. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Prep breakfast for Monday. Submit essay.
    3. Check upcoming to-do list. November challenge: Red cup and fives! Do #7 and switch out for writing article about scaffolding presentations; check on submissions requirements for EJ.
    4. Cleaning. Put laundry away. Put dishes away. Add TAKE SHOES to Monday JFT. Movie? Park walk if needed; steps to 10k.
    5. Prep Mon lunch: Beef stew. Fruit and cheese. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    September: 186.4
    October: 185.4
    Today: 188.4

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Develop 5PE mini-unit. Use after JC as a sponge; combine with challenge books. Maybe a comparison with another required text? Have students ask a parent or teacher what the most significant text they studied was, and then create a comparison between their challenge book and that text - which has more value and why? Possibly do the one-sheet as an assessment. Working on this with The Prince!
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun?
    3. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October).
    4. Convert lesson plans to unit format. Create rubric for one-pager. Revise research checklists!
    5. Check on conference; follow up on seminar proposal. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    6. Go to used bookstore and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman) and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    7. Put jewelry away. Yikes! Reinforce patches on old pants.
    8. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac.
    9. Make plan for classroom observations; ask other teachers about projects or lessons they feel confident about.
    10. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion.
    11. Design minibuttons with school logo, mascot, crest. Minibuttons that say THIS IS WHAT ANTIFASCISM LOOKS LIKE. White text on black bars on red background.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    JFT - Saturday November 3
    2L of Water -πŸ™‚
    Calories in Green by 150 - way off the mark!
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 2/5
    Only 1 Evening Snack πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    Walk 1 Mile - 😈
    5 Littles at Bathroom Break-😈
    Write in Journal - away
    Stay FOCUSED - DO IT - QUIT BEING DISAPPOINTED WITH MYSELF - πŸ™‚ enjoyed the day and evening with my cousin so I’m ok with it.

JFT - Sunday November 4
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    Walk 1 Mile
    5 Littles at Bathroom Break
    Write in Journal
    Stay FOCUSED - DO IT - QUIT BEING DISAPPOINTED WITH MYSELF
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    Recap Sat. 11/3 ~ Finally, slept in & logged on JFT on the weekend! :smiley:
    1) Walk dog = Didn't go as far as I wanted b/c had yard work to finish / 4.16 mi 1:10:10 ~ happy dog :smiley: & happy me :smiley:
    2) Yard work / hubby and I want to get as much finished as possible (tomorrow will be rain/crap weather) = Yay! :smiley: Hubby had front yard leaf-blowed when dog and I returned and we finished rest of yard chores / back yard together with rakes & blower in less than 2 hours... just in time for weather to turn and bring down remaining leaves overnight :#
    3) Nov. challenge ~ 5 somethings every bathroom trip = Yep, I'm remembering! :smiley:
    4) Not sure of meal plans for today / log everything / net calories green / 12c water = Ended up being leftovers day & did ok all day (again) then snacked after supper. :/ Net calories -139 :( , sodium 1,158 (ack! :s ) , sugar -21 (included ice cream for dessert), fiber good, protein low :s (maybe reason for late snacking?) 12c water :smile:
    5) Other to-do's if enough energy = Not really :|
    6) Move clocks back :smiley: / unplug 9:00 :smiley: / floss :s / retainers :s / bed & TV off 10:30 :smiley:

JFT Sunday 11/4 ~ Really crappy weather ~ rainy, windy, gloomy day so hubby and I will stay in today <3
    1) Bible class & church :smiley:
    2) X-trained (home version of circuit training) 20 min. / found muscles I'd forgotten about :D
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / net calories green / 12c water
    4) Nov. challenge ~ 5 somethings every bathroom trip
    5) Make root veggie stew for supper / cancel Schwan's / call dad for his 84th bday / wash dishes / other to-do's? (lots of time on my hands since Packers game is Sunday night ~ Go Pack Go!)
    6) FLOSS / RETAINERS / bed & TV 15 min. after game ends (walk dog M before work)
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon my dears!

Still feeling ill but I have a lot of energy. I'm not sure why. I'm hoping it lasts me through Friday because after this upcoming week I have 5 days off. I had some leftover time off to use by the end of the year.

I did a good amount yesterday and got a good start today. We slept in until 10(I forgot about DST so my alarm said 11 and I was kind of concerned lol).

So far I did the dishes, laundry, went for a short walk with the DH and put chicken in the crock pot that I am going to use to make soup for dinner. I dont want to do too much though. I need to reserve some strength for the upcoming week.

So onto my list for the remainder of the day

1. Log food(making homemade soup so I will attempt)
    2. Drink 2 32oz cups of water
    3. Fold clothes
    4. Take shower
    5. Pay benefits
    6. Dishes right after dinner
    7. Bed prep by 930
    8. Lights off by 10

I hope everyone has a great day! I'll definitely come back later!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    Options
    I seem to be doing Just for this Week lately. Weekday nights have been busy. I was exhausted after Halloween. My department coordinated costumes so I had to participate. We won the contest, then there was a block party that night in my neighborhood. We have more kids in the neighborhood now. My daughter (she's 24) bought the candy to hand out even though she was at work most of the night and it is mostly gone. I did gain but am coming back down again now. Too many lunches out at work as well. I guess I will have to be less social. I am reading a good series lately. Went to Aquafit yesterday morning. I did finally find my fitbit charging cable this week.

1. prepare tomorrow's breakfast
    2. drink water (coffee this morning was so good).
    3. keep calories below goal

Just for Monday
    1. water
    2. aquafit
    3. stay in calorie goal
    4. check in here and log food
    5. get sleep, brush teeth etc

@HEGoddard0928 homemade soup sound so good now.
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options
    So the soup was really good. I made a HUGE batch. I didn't realize how much I made until it was finally all cooked. A portion was about 2 cups. It was fill of veggies. There was also shredded chicken that I made in the crock pot earlier today and some short pasta. It was actually just some of everything I had in the house. A little grated cheese at the end and it was perfect! With lots of leftovers!
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options
    @maryrobinson40 Holy Crow girl! I'm so sorry Mary. That must have been terrible! But it's so awesome that you could be the amazing mama you are and deal with everything to go get her. I hope she is doing better now and that things have calmed down a bit.
  • Faebert
    Options
    @maryrobinson40 I’m so sorry your daughter has been though that trauma. Well done for finding a way to help. Wishing you both peace and strength for the coming days xx
  • Faebert
    Options
    Morning all. Had a great weekend with my boyfriend. He is definitely making a real effort after our conversations and I’m feeling much happier, supported and respected right now. We ate some pretty calorific food over the two days but I logged in 3 hours of exercise on Saturday so it fit. Yesterday I was over by a fair amount even with my three mile run but it’s one day so I’m not stressing. Back to it today.

Monday goals
    - morning workout
    - Arrange for parents to pick up kids this afternoon
    - Early to school: stick worksheets, Good as Gold certificate, send email re workshop, reply to J
    - Water! Aim for 2ltr
    - Hot yoga after school?
    - Girls’ birthday party invite replies/presents
    - Early night

Have a great start to the week everyone! X
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh in:

Goal weight: 154
    October 15th: 164.25
    October 22nd: 167.25
    October 29th: 163
    November 5th: 164.25

Today's weigh-in doesn't surprise me, in fact I am glad it wasn't worse!

I did fairly well at the start of the week, but in the second half it all fell apart a bit. I went to my mum's for the weekend and took advantage of this to (a) not bother to log because I was 'away' (b) eat lots of the things that I tend to only/mainly eat when I'm at my mum's. I have to get better at not doing this when at mum's - I'm going for eight days over Christmas!

Back on track now, hopefully. I think I need to re-evaluate my strategy for losing weight as clearly it's not working. I'm thinking of re-evaluate reading the Beck Diet Solution - while some of the lessons have gone in, some just haven't stuck.