Serial Starters

Replies

• ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Hello all!!

Marsellilove- I totally know what you mean. My biggest problem is always the “reward” drink or drinks and sometimes food that I eat at the end of a long day. I’ve also been trying to substitute tea. It’s not always the same effect, but it is relaxing. I just need to re-learn good habits. Keep trying..

Ate pretty well today and am under my calorie goal. Now to not snack and just focus on my tea and water!!

Like many of you, I am still thrown off by the time change and it being dark so early! I’ve been going to bed early all week - not that that’s a bad thing!

Anyway. Today was a work day full of drama. But next Friday is vacation time! Cannot wait.

Hope you have all had a good day and night!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,318 Member
    Thank you for the chai tea recipe I have always wondered and I can make that in a smaller dose......
  • marsellilove
    marsellilove Posts: 122 Member
    ErynVee- totally the opposite for me. I thought I’d get some good Zzzs in but I found myself laying in bed awake until the the wee hours. Usually I welcome the the time change and I was excited. The weather doesn’t change much in Florida so the bright, cool mornings are indicative of the change of seasons for me. If only my body would get with the program.

Tilliesmommy1 and Megan- I ’ve been meaning to invest in chai spices and try my hand at making my own. Chai latte > coffee any day.

Since I’ve seen most everyone else’s fur babies I thought I’d share my partner in crime, Gracie Lou Who. My comrade, my 5 am alarm clock.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    9617 total steps.

2 Meghan/Megan and 2 Tracey/Tracy - I stink with spelling, forgive me.

Megan, thank you for the list of spices I have always wondered what was in it... and like Meghan a Chai latte is tops in my book. I even bought a chai scented scentsy from Dawn....

Gracie Lou is a fabulous name for a cat and cats are really good alarm clocks arent they??

Okay off to wind down and snuggle with the Miss T.

Wishing all a great evening.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    edited November 2018
    marsellilove - try Slender Wine from Chateau Thomas Winery in Indiana. https://www.chateauthomas.com Mix with something sugar free for even less calories.

megbeveridge - try Detour lower sugar protein bars or Quest/Quest Hero protein bars. Lots of protein, low sugar, low carb, and the taste good, not like cardboard.

as the weather turns colder, i have started drinking unsweetened vanilla cashew milk warm with Ovaltine instead of regular hot chocolate Or a chai tea latte with stevia and unsweet vanilla cashew milk. (cant wait to try your recipe, megbevridge!!)

3529 steps. was at doctor again today. so steps waaayyyyy low! even took stairs instead of elevator. looking forward to actually getting to get a good walk/run in tomorrow.

• Tilliesmommy1
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Almost cold enough to bring out the down blanket. Dog loves it.

Just glad its Thursday - I lost track of days this week so at least it is in my favor for once.

Nice to hear about good hot drinks.

Wave to all who follow. That noise you hear may be me snoring at work.
  • marsellilove
    Ahahah, turns out my worst day food wise was also my worst day step wise. Causation or correlation? Who knows but here's to staying on the horse 🥂

Cbpotee: Are you a burger person or is there another type of fast food that keeps you hooked? I have a good burger recipe if that's your thing.

Hickchic67: Are they good wines? I've heard of wine spritzers but never made one.

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,816 Member

Good morning All~

One eye open......
    Maybe a shower soon..... I slept poorly last night, so the body is dragging.

*tossing beach bag and sunglasses onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

245.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • megbeveridge93
    megbeveridge93 Posts: 238 Member

Hickchic67: Are they good wines? I've heard of wine spritzers but never made one.

There's also Skinny Girl wine! And you can pair them with a flavored sparkling/seltzer water. Whatever you think would go best. I also love to add frozen fruit to my white wines, yumm!
  • megbeveridge93
    megbeveridge93 Posts: 238 Member
    Good morning everyone!

Throwback Thursday: Last year at this time I was 15 pounds heavier, going through the stress of being a brand new homeowner, and trying to get my dog to stop eating my door frame every time I went to work. It was about a month after this that I started climbing, which ended up being a huge part of my life. Today, I'm on my health journey, feeling good, getting the hang of this homeownership thing, and my dog just sleeps all day!

My therapist has finally recovered from her health scare (about two months or more since I've been!) so I have a session tonight and I'm sooo excited! I don't think I've ever been this pumped to talk about my problems...

Bouldering last night was excellent except that now my right shoulder is super sore and has a huge knot. I used some things I learned in my Tuesday movement class and it was like a whole new world of climbing. I feel so strong and agile even though nothing changed overnight, just my technique improved. That's definitely my non-scale victory of the week. I was also excited because my bouldering gym is right next to the best ice cream in Baltimore and my friend wanted to go, so I sampled all their new flavors! Samples don't have calories, right??

What are everyone else's non-scale victories?

Lana - I'd like to take the lounge chair next to you!

@hickchic67 - I'll definitely look for those next time I go to the store, thank you!

Happy day-that's-almost-Friday-but-totally-isn't! Just two more days til the weeeekeeend!
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Hello all!
    Meg - climbing - good for you! I bet very good for those muscles! Congrats on the nsv and the scale victory!
    Wine? lots of people talking about wine. I love wine - so much that I even make wine! I also enjoy relaxing with one glass of wine in the evening. But the way I am thinking about this- one glass of wine in the evening is not what is making me overweight. It is many choices and many things. If I do not that deprivation will come back to bite me - or more appropriately it will cause me to bite many things. The low calorie ideas sound like great ideas! dry wine is better than sweet wine - sweet wine has of course extra sugar added to make it sweet. The lower the alcohol % probably the less calories as less sugar is made to make it. That is my two cents!
    Supposed to snow here in WI tomorrow 2-4 inches. I don't want it but then again I do. My pup and I walk most mornings. She would much prefer walking around the edges of some woods and cornfields by me - but it is so muddy right now I am staying on the roads for the sake of my shoes. So with snow means less mud. and if we get enough snow I will break out the snow shoes!
    OK - long post
    Lana - I am headed your way with some of my bottles of wine. I just bottled Door County cherry - to DIE for!
    Tillie - are you sleeping and lurking today again :wink:
    All others - have a Great Thursday! Lurking most of the day!
    Lynn
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited November 2018
    Thinking of the change of weather and what we could do to feel better without eating food-
    Clean bedding and blankets, heating pad, wash bathrobes, even drinking hot water. More ideas are out there.

those drinking wine - think about seltzer and lime/lemon

Lynn - yup bored stiff at work so lurking at least.
  • marsellilove
    brennerjlb wrote: »
    Wine? lots of people talking about wine. I love wine - so much that I even make wine!

!!! That's rad! I've been wanting to try my hand at making wine. A lot of fermentation hobbyist on the Game of Thrones Forum of Ice and Fire talk about making the fictional wines into a reality. I'm always ultra jelly of home brewers/winemakers.

I think for me personally the issue is the second glass munchies. As my great-grandpappy Tombstone Peirce said "What's a drink without a nosh?" (insert M*A*S*H laugh track) and suddenly the 4th meal is upon me.
    I'll try the spritzer.

Megan- I wish a climbing class was more accessible here. The full body and mind work out seems like just the thing to kick out the nervous jitters. I use to hike fairly often for a similar reason but all the trails are still underwater, thanks Irma...

Tilliesmommy1- They are training the new guy so I really have nothing to do, might join you napping.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,669 Member
    Has anyone else here put a prohibition on drinky drinks to help reach their fitness goals?

I told myself that weeknight drinks were out until further notice but curling up with a book isn’t the same without a glass of wine or a something and seltzer :pensive: I’ve been trying to make a cup of tea to simulate the satisfaction of mixing a drink or if I really want that glass of wine I have to turn on the stove and make a cuppa Gluhwein to make it more of a treat I have to work for.

I’m not much one for sweets but I find my after work cocktail to be a vice all the same.

I have never been much of a drinker, but have another vice that is now legal in Canada. That I have been avoiding during the week as it causes munchies. I only allow it on the occasional Saturday night now.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,669 Member
    cbpotee wrote: »
    Help. I just want to finish what I started strong. But I can't get away from fast food : (

I have the same problem, for me it is the convenience and laziness much more than the actual food. I have found some quick meals that don't blow my calorie goals and attempt to not grab fast food for supper any more than once a week. Sometimes it's a huge struggle though.

Tracey
  • jrhnewfirstday
    jrhnewfirstday Posts: 8 Member
    All, thanks for the comments on Yoda. I'm a big Star Wars nerd especially, and if one can combine nerds and crafts, all is well :)

It's good to read this rolling conversation, although hopefully I don't have to read back through 391 pages to figure out who all of you are! You all seem lovely and I'm looking forward to getting to know you!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Jessica most of the active people are who have been posting, we are an open board so people do come and go. I have patterns for crocheting little creatures, but my to do list is so long......
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    So much for getting my walk/run in today. DH says I need to come straight home and help with the floor demo. He got a wild hair and is ripping out the tile in the kitchen now - floor install not until Dec 11. This is gonna be so much fun..... bare concrete for a month.... ugh!

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    ErynVee- totally the opposite for me. I thought I’d get some good Zzzs in but I found myself laying in bed awake until the the wee hours. Usually I welcome the the time change and I was excited. The weather doesn’t change much in Florida so the bright, cool mornings are indicative of the change of seasons for me. If only my body would get with the program.

Tilliesmommy1 and Megan- I ’ve been meaning to invest in chai spices and try my hand at making my own. Chai latte > coffee any day.

Since I’ve seen most everyone else’s fur babies I thought I’d share my partner in crime, Gracie Lou Who. My comrade, my 5 am alarm clock.

Cute kitty! :)
  • marsellilove
    Gluten Abend everyone. Soup season is the best season in my books. My lunch this week was home made chicken pho. No dumping money into delivery this week!

Hickchick- well doing demo is labor intensive so it’s probably still a good work out. The actual demo part sounds fun, concrete for a month not so much :unamused:

Jrhfirstnewday and Tilliesmommy- teach me your secret crochet ways. I have mastered the doilie, and that was an accident... ಠ╭╮ಠ