Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,351 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Lana - shaking your salad distributes the salad dressing so each piece has some on it. Like you I have had to eat "naked" salad - or is that kitten salad ? - that must be why my life is so messed up - hahahahaha. At work and everyone has gone home. Staying quiet and under the rock.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Lana - I work till noon on Sat...off Sunday...the weekends are kind of strange...off 1 weekend a month, work 3 Saturday's...1 weekend, we work Sat and Sun... but, Sat afternoon and Sunday is only 1 hr at max... we go to care for animals that are Boarding... feed, water, walk dogs, give meds... not too bad... plus, get paid time and half for those hours :)
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I am a serial serial starter starting again. I did well all week but messed up big time today. Not giving up though. This week has been horrible in every way possible and food was the last thing I worried about. I am signing on this forum hoping that I can avoid sabotaging myself with food because my problems of this week are not likely to be solved soon.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Oatmeal for dinner too much snacking today.

DLM - stop by when you can, think small steps that you can do to "fight back".

Will wash the dishes in the kitchen sink tonight as I have cooking to do Saturday and Sunday. Would like to get one thing done off my list before tomorrow starts.

Cosy chai is in scentsy and it is wonderful. Dawn - on behalf of the animals. Thank you!

Dvd from Netflix is one of Colin Firth's earlier appearances - called Lost Empires. It is a series. In case Lana might be interested....

*under Lana's Palm Tree with Miss Tillie - she is eager for the dog treats and brushing.

Wishing all a good night
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Tess and I shake salads...I will now be more sensitive that it can be annoying to people. :blush:

Welcome dlm4mom and graysky (any other newbies I’ve missed?). Don’t worry about one messed up day - remember that you are in charge and can make the next day better. I started on this journey 1/1/17 and lost 50 lbs over the year by taking it one day at a time. Slipped up a lot and just got back to it the next day. This forum helps a lot. Much understanding, forgiveness, gentle prodding.

Saltine, I’m exhausted just READING about your day. Am so impressed.

Dawn, your posts reminded me its time for Kitty #1’s annual check-up. Must get on that.

Sara, am continuing to be inspired by your charity knitting, although my pace is MUCH slower than yours. Am still on scarf #2 for this year although the variegated yarn is knitting up so lovely that it is making me smile.

Lana, you’re in NC now, right? Hope the Southern C-boys are behaving themselves.

Kathryn, thinking about you and hoping 2018 is off to the solid start you need it to be.

Annie, hope the move-in is going well. Every time you start to feel overwhelmed, remember “I no longer live across the street from a drug house.”

Work has been so immensely busy and I’ve been trying to be diligent about going to the gym after work since it’s been too cold for walking. Suffered a minor but painful heel injury yesterday so am annoyed that it will curtail exercise for a couple days. With the shorter days and colder weather, my metabolism sank like a stone and food I could ignore in the spring/summer/fall has now become extremely hard to pass up. Counting the days to spring. Anyway, I’ve been exhausted by the time I get home so that’s why I’ve been quiet on the Forum. Thanks for wondering. : )

Waves to all - Happy Friday

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Tess!! Thank you for the laugh. You shake your salad all you want. Between your answer and Dawn's I have not laughed like that in a long time- it is appreciated.

Elevate that foot and watch wonderful movies and wrap up and keep warm. Cboys will be by to be your server/waiter/boy Friday or what ever else works......

If I dont post soon after I get home I am snoring on the couch (it aint pretty, even dog looks at me funny, but then she is also the one passing gas and looking at me like I did it.....).

Off to boil water for dishes and crochet a heart.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara- you are welcome... so glad you are enjoying your Scentsy... think I need to use mine to try to cover up dog gassy smells myself..

Tess- thanks for the laugh! Hope kitty check up goes well...I talked to Doc today about my girl... she is needing to have an eye removed :'( I believe she has Glaucoma and is in pain... not looking forward to this... Will be taking her for pre Exam, soon..

Welcome DLM- post often... this is a great group!

Saltine - homemade doggie treats... good for you!
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Kathryn is out sick, but her Scentsy Party is still going! If anyone is interested, I will post the link... trying to help her reach her goal and earn great product! Thank you so much Sara for your order!

https://DawnLeach.Scentsy.us/party/8876894
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning, could not get into Myfitnesspal just now. Had to restart computer - new Google application. This stuff can get so complicated.

Normal errands this morning. Making chicken chili in crockpot to make chili and taco salads for lunch (adding rice and no tortilla chips). Will make quiche tomorrow. Too much tomato sauce in one week is not a good thing.

Dawn - glad to know I am not the only one with a gassy dog.

BBL
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Chicken chili is done and will be frozen or set up for a couple lunches this week.

Enjoyed the sun. Comfort tonight is clean bedding/pj's.

Wishing all a good night
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    3 servings of chicken chili for freezer - had to let chicken cool to shred - 1 serving for taco salad in freezer, 2 servings for taco salad in fridge (drained off liquid). Tomorrow is quiche.

I just keep thinking all the salt I am not using.

Will curl up with dog in hammock under Lana's palm tree.

Good night.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara- apparently, Boston's are known for their gassiness...I had no idea
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,891 Member
    Options

Hi Ladies---

I missed checking in this morning! I was on the go, then forgot!

Sleep well. See you all tomorrow.

Lana
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome into the group. I did not go over on my calories today! I still am feeling sad and lazy and I want to be alone so I hardly burned any calories. I am going to make myself get out of the house tomorrow. I will kind of be glad when the weekend is over.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Groceries and then home. Quiche baking today.

Shower first and then ZZZ .

BBL.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Well, sharing the bad days and bad choices.....

Yesterday's little dinner party I went to had amazingly horrid results because, um, I ate whatever I wanted.
    My body and the scale tracked for me, didn't they?

Clean page for today - no salt, drink lots of water, and eat healthy, staying within calories. Maybe a walk, if there's a break in the rain.

Hey DLM, you and I could go on a walk together - virtually - what time zone? Where do you live?

BBL

Lana

247.2 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • drea2011
    drea2011 Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I lost 9 lbs this month
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Well done, Drea! (Thunderous applause). That’s such an impressive result in a month. Woo HOO!

Lana, as you know, days are like that. Sometimes the NSV is enjoying times with friends and getting back in the saddle the next day.

Dreary Sunday. Dawn, you’ll appreciate this - did a panicked call to our vet yesterday (who is wonderful and has become a friend over the years) because Kitty #1 was doing excessive lip smacking and Google results referenced “renal failure” leading to my panic (we had a 7 y.o. kitty die of sudden kidney failure). He talked me off the ledge, suggesting that she either ate something (like a bug) that didn’t agree with her or may have had some acid reflux (this is the gassy cat). She ended up being fine. And he appreciated the video I shot of her lip smacking and sent to him (that will teach him for sharing his cell number with us!). Good thing he’s become a friend...

I think I’m coming down with DH’s virus so laying low is on today’s agenda - knitting (inspired by Sara) and some reading.

Waves to all,

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Dog to vet for her monthly gland expression (no photos). Saw her regular vet and she was like "???" why was dog in? I reassured her it was maintenance but asked about dogs upcoming biannual physical dog could not do teeth cleaning in Sept. as she was having serious allergy issues. Dr. said teeth cleaning may be possible in March. Gave me a picture of family who brought dog in with "tennis ball" abscess in hind area. Like one wouldnt see that??

Tess - you have a good Vet and yes the technology probably helped him help you. Hope your knitting is mindless as that is the best to do when you are not feeling well. Line up the herbal tea.

Rice cooked - that is dinner actually. Quiche set up waiting for later. Cold rice will be added to my taco salad for tomorrow.

Drea - excellent job! Keep up the good work.

Lana - sometimes the company is worth the calories. One day does not wreck a long term plan.

Wishing all a good night.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Drea! *****Congratulations!***** that is just wonderful......your diligence is paying off big-time!

Tess, I hope you get only a smidge of DH's flu. Here's hoping Kitty #1 feels better and gets back to normal soon. You have a great vet, needless to say.

Sara - Interesting vet stories. At least the people with the dog with the "tennis ball" brought the dog to the vet instead of not doing so. Who knows what goes on at home. For all we know one family member wanted to bring dog long ago, but got vetoed until it got to be the size of the tennis ball. People are weird. Or they just don't have the $$$?

Waves to all who stop by later~~

Lana