Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,350 Member
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Dawn - every pet life comes to an end. That dog is well loved. Best we can do is not live in denial and love them. Did I mention my spoiled little girl??? That cup of hot chocolate is someone else's reality - not my picture. Perhaps tonight a cup of hot chocolate would not go unappreciated.

Dog let me sleep in a little which is nice. Rain during night - some reason sleep better (higher humidity?)

Will lurk from work. Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,890 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Seems I will need a new hairdresser as my part time lady cant work enough days for the new owner and if the prices go up too far I will be looking elsewhere. Isnt change grand?

Sara - Does your hairdresser live anywhere near you? Can you make private arrangements with her? Just a thought.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    Dinner didn't go as planned... just not a great end to the day... tomorrow is an early day for me... plan to do some shopping, will make better plan for dinner...

We had new clients at end of day... their 11yr old pit bull had a lump on his shoulder, it was growing... didn't want to think the worst...3 xrays later, the worst was confirmed... all animals are special, this one especially... he is a training dog, service dog, went (retired) to nursing homes and worked with children... he has had an amazing life for a dog... he smiled and is the cutest boy..11 years is a long life for a pit bull... they took him home, may go for a PET scan (we are unable) right now, they have him on pain meds... not sure what owners will do, other than enjoy every precious minute they have with him... my dogs are getting lots of extra love, tonight..I broke down and cried... my heart aches for this dog and his family...so unfair

Dawn,

Hopefully the pain meds will help Mr. Pit Bull be more comfortable. I hope the owners do the right thing and know the right time to do it. I think too many people delay the inevitable, and then their pet suffers along with surgeries late in life. May they have wisdom with their choices.

I understand what SO is going through. Much good karma with his cousin.

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Sara - Thank you for the really great photos! Naturally, I saved the one for when we need The Boys!

Glad things went well with Miss Tillie and the sampling~~

As for me, I tracked all my food yesterday, and did it with some small trepidation once I had hit the evening, was hungry, and knew I would be going way over my calories. But I did track and added in my gardening raking, and all in all, I was in the red less than 200 calories.
    What a concept, this tracking.

(that was odd: half of my post went missing)

Amber - Welcome! Come and say Hi whenever you can~~

*hat and beach bag are on my lounger in the shade*

BBL

Lana

245.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sara/ Lana - thank you...I too, hope owners do the right thing...time will tell...hoping karma finds us, one day..
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Leftover roasted vegetable "soup" for dinner. Making chicken chili and a quiche this weekend - cannot have tomatoes every day - citric acid overload. Got my Pampered Chef items so I can make salads in a jar and take to work, so the first will be "taco" salad less the tortilla chips - lettuce/rice/ chicken chili with beans (drained) cheese and sour cream dressing with onions.

Is it Tess or Kathryn whose DH is an expert on Pampered Chef - will the dressing leak out of the top of the jar if it is on its side (lunch bag may only allow me to pack it on its side). Pipe in when you can.

Romance novel and hot chocolate, what a way to end a day.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    cozy chai in scentsy.......
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning. Dog up and fed.

Rained here yesterday - supposed to clear up for weekend.

Asked Sup in meeting yesterday if swearing was allowed on the work floor. I am to let her knew next time neighbor gets "colorful" so she can hear it - the message about being in a monastery is for me to keep under the radar when the people around me get into trouble for talking.

TGIF - lurking from work. Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Morning All~~

I tracked all my food and exercise two days in a row. Serial starting on building up some good habits.
    This is a hugely hard thing for me. It takes time to enter all that stuff into the app, and I can be lazy.
    However, the "Frequent" and "Recent" lists in the app ARE very helpful.

Track track track!

In lieu of Planning (which I will work on eventually), I have my kitchen filled with almost all healthy things, plus one container of oatmeal raisin cookies. I like them, but they aren't chocolate, so I don't seem to have any binging trouble with them. One or two per day max, tracked as a desert.

I got a hilly 2-mile walk in yesterday! Whew!

BBL

Lana

244.4 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Lana - great WI!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hi Dawn~~

I'm a daily weigher. My official day is Sunday, but I like to post numbers.

Hey TGIF! I think that the Cabana Boys are having the usual Friday Blowout Happy Hour. The usual calorie free stuff for us, and there's special dog treats for everyone's fur babies. ;)

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    okay I am not having a good day - personal pet peeve is when people have salads in the plastic containers they shake their salads to mix it all up. Coworker does it nearby. About ready to take it away from her.
  • grayskymorning
    grayskymorning Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    okay I am not having a good day - personal pet peeve is when people have salads in the plastic containers they shake their salads to mix it all up. Coworker does it nearby. About ready to take it away from her.

Stab her with a steak!

Sorry it's a bad day :(
  • grayskymorning
    grayskymorning Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm a newbie to the thread. Hi! I'm a potty mouthed mother of 3. I like food... which is why I'm here.

I'm in to lose 65-70 pounds. I'm praying to every God in or out of existence to save me from loose skin (hah, unlikely). But mainly I'm enjoying getting stronger and more capable. Alas... I still needed help opening pickle jars yesterday. Woe.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Hi Dawn~~

I'm a daily weigher. My official day is Sunday, but I like to post numbers.

Hey TGIF! I think that the Cabana Boys are having the usual Friday Blowout Happy Hour. The usual calorie free stuff for us, and there's special dog treats for everyone's fur babies. ;)

Lana

Sign me and the pups up for Happy Hour! We are ready! TGIF
  • arniedog74
    Options

Sounds a lot like my work days, lately... go grab it, shake it real good once and give it back to her...lol
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Welcome graysky! You found the perfect place for support and encouragement! Sounds like you have yer hands full with 3 kiddos...as far as potty mouth, I'm not opposed (catch me on a bad day) but MFP seems to think "kitten" is more appropriate... it's quite funny when all you really wanna say is "kitten" but they say "kitten" Come back often! Happy Hour with the Cabana Boys later! Don't want to miss them!
  • Saltine24
    Saltine24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, Happy Friday!! :D

My week has gone fairly good, got my walking in & my morning running done, kinda a little scared as I still have 57 KM left to do this month to reach my 300 KM goal...fingers crossed I can do it!

I am going to see a Dietitian tomorrow, & will show her MFP account so she can see my workouts & calorie intake (I don't think the whole CICO theory is working for me) maybe she will be able to help tweak my macros or something...but we'll see what she says. Oh & depending on how icy it is here (freezing rain where I am today & last night) maybe I will walk there & finally get a weekend workout in at the same time...(that also depends on what time I drag my behind out of bed)...haha

Have to make more homemade dog treats for my fur babies this weekend <3<3 as they ate the other 2 batches within 2 weeks...I actually gave them a store bought treat this morning before leaving & my one male dog Mocha didn't want it, but when he did take it he looked more disgusted with having to put it in his mouth than anything lol & he used to really like that kind....between human food (meat & veggies usually their dinner after we eat) & homemade treats I think we spoil them too much...hahaha :D

Lana~ I too am a daily weigh-er it helps keep me on track...I think...lol :wink:

***Waves to all who follow & to all the newcomers***

Have a great weekend everyone!!

~Saltine~ >:)

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    I decided at lunch to crochet hearts for the people getting chemotherapy and nuts to my coworkers. Emailed the contact I have at the cancer place and asked if they would be okay to send and they said yes......turn that snarky face around.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Welcome GraySky!

Sara - thank you for crocheting the hearts.
    I have never heard of anyone shaking a salad. How in the world have I made it this many decades without shaking a single one of my salads? Also, back when I used to work for a living, not a single colleague ever shook a salad. What does shaking do? Answer not really necessary.

Saltine, you devil, have a good session with dietician tomorrow!

Dawn~ Do you get the weekend off?

Waves to Annie and Kathryn and Tess

Lana