Options

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,890 Member
    Options

Good morning everybody~~

First cup of coffee, only one eye open~~

AOTW from Sara's question yesterday:
    I set up a daily schedule for myself, so I don't sit around as much.
    The exercise time is on the schedule: 11 to noon every day.
    Crossing fingers I can make a new habit.

Lana

246.4 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Hi to all who are here and who drop in later!

Taking care of DH who has contracted this darn bug that is going around. He never gets sick so this is really something.

I am coming down with something but more respiratory than stomach bug. Scratchy sore throat, annoying cough, and chills/aches. Wish I was home in bed with a hot toddy!

*calling cboys for hot toddy, tylenol, and extra blankets.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sara - it's definitely more fun when you get pretty colors... no one wants "meh"

Lana - great idea for schedule...I just can't get my brain to work with me on scheduling.. maybe one day..

Kathy- sorry you and hubby aren't feeling well... yucky stuff is really going around... been Lysol- ing work like crazy.. never be too cautious...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,350 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Tomorrow I have day off hair/pedicure. Think of me as my first chore is to get DNA sample from my dog in her cheek. I am wondering if I should wear my ski gloves in case she tries to bite. Coworker offered latex gloves and I told her why I had gloves in mind - but she brought the latex gloves by for poop collection.....

Root vegetable soup on tap for dinner again. Just is.

Will work with pretty colors tonight knitting. Wishing all a good night.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - the pretty colored yarn sounds nice~ Hope Miss Tillie is chill tomorrow. You enjoy your time at the salon~~

Kathryn - so sorry DH is sick and you don't seem so well yourself. I hope that you don't get the stomach issues. It's good that the Cabana Boys have brought the hot toddies etc. Keep us posted.

Dawn - LOL - having a schedule and keeping to it are definitely 2 different things. Still, I think it will help me to have a daily plan, and I'll try to do the best that I can with it. I put my things on little colored index cards to try to make it fun.

Waves to Annie and Saltine and Tess.
    Has Tess been around, or has she been abducted by enemy agents? Can't be too careful in Washington DC! :open_mouth:

Welcome to anyone new who stops by~~

Lana
  • drea2011
    drea2011 Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Hey all!!

Been sticking to working out daily and prepping all my meals in Sunday’s! Today is my 21st day back on my journey but this time it’ll stick! No more up and down weight and turning to unhealthy food. I’ve given up cheese and gone #vegan from #vegetarian it’s been really easy. I’ve never eaten meat though, so I guess it’s easy to not crave something you’ve never had!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning, up with dog. She is done and we will get more ZZZ soon.

Drea- I have a number of coworkers who are vegetarian/vegan and so long as you get your protein in and vitamins etc - their lunches always look good. Great discipline !! 21 days is something to be proud of.

Dog DNA today - send Miss Tillie good thoughts and that she doesnt try and bite me..... that is first. Hair/ pedicure and I will eat a small lunch out (eating before I go- great WW hint to eat before a party/dinner so as not to be starving....).

Lana - I was wondering if the govt shutdown had anything to do with Tess being awol ?

Wave to all who follow. BBL.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - good luck today with Miss Tillie. I'm not a dog owner (yet), but may I suggest you take a minute or two when you place her where ever (on a table?), and just pet her and talk to her and sooth her a bit (and to heck with any toe tappers waiting on you), then she may settle so that the affront of having people in her mouth doesn't seem like an attack in a strange place.
    This whole thing you have to go through smacks of bulldoodie to me. Stupid apartment complex!

Welcome to Drea~~

Waves to all who stop by later.

My aim for today is to stop being lazy lazy lazy and track track track!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana- I need a large shovel when it comes to the new policy, but owners not willing to pick up will, those who are not willing will pay and will move out - new potential residents who dont pick up will live somewhere else. It does make sense. For the $150.00 fine, I can get one seriously awesome flashlight for a heck of a lot less.

BBL.
  • ambiep
    ambiep Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - My name is Amber. I am a 40 year wife, mom, and teacher. I have a grown son who is 23, and two little boys who are 5 and 8. I have over 100 pounds to lose and am feeling a little overwhelmed!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Amber good morning, you took the hardest step - realizing things needed to change. Any change is overwhelming so start small - what is the first thing you can do? Walk more? Plan meals? Drink more water? Take a multivitamin? Limit certain luxury foods? See it is just a matter of starting. Stop by and post when you can, we would like to know how you are doing.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Dog swabbing went better than I thought, so hopefully the "test" will pass and we wont have to do it again. She got treats and will have her chair to herself which is her favorite thing.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - best of luck with Miss T! I agree with Lana's advice.. hopefully, she doesn't get too stressed out...

Lana - I understand...In my head, I can really plan and commit...it's totally different in reality...

Amber - welcome! This is a great place to come for encouragement and support!

Today is a rough day for SO... it is his birthday, which should be a happy day... but, he is spending it driving cousin 2 hrs away to Dr appt... and, it is also his Aunts visitation and he is unable to attend (it's 3 hrs away in different direction) I'm hoping to make a nice dinner so he can at least have a decent evening...

Have a great day all!
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - you posted as I did... glad it went well... hope the rest of Miss T's days is uneventful!
  • Saltine24
    Saltine24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Sara - good luck today with Miss Tillie. I'm not a dog owner (yet), but may I suggest you take a minute or two when you place her where ever (on a table?), and just pet her and talk to her and sooth her a bit (and to heck with any toe tappers waiting on you), then she may settle so that the affront of having people in her mouth doesn't seem like an attack in a strange place.
    This whole thing you have to go through smacks of bulldoodie to me. Stupid apartment complex!

Lana

Awe Lana you will make such a great fur baby mommy! :)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Seems I will need a new hairdresser as my part time lady cant work enough days for the new owner and if the prices go up too far I will be looking elsewhere. Isnt change grand?

At least the threat of rain held off while I was on the roads.

Dawn - awesome for you making a nice dinner for you SO's bday!! Points are being tallied by the Cboys and the Karma Klub.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited January 2018
    Options
    chjc0dnnc0op.png

t9b6nufqxlhv.png

tc5qnczpdvos.png

• Tilliesmommy1
    edited January 2018
    Options

5usbkze6tiu2.png

• arniedog74
    Options
    5usbkze6tiu2.png

Looks delicious!
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Dinner didn't go as planned... just not a great end to the day... tomorrow is an early day for me... plan to do some shopping, will make better plan for dinner...

We had new clients at end of day... their 11yr old pit bull had a lump on his shoulder, it was growing... didn't want to think the worst...3 xrays later, the worst was confirmed... all animals are special, this one especially... he is a training dog, service dog, went (retired) to nursing homes and worked with children... he has had an amazing life for a dog... he smiled and is the cutest boy..11 years is a long life for a pit bull... they took him home, may go for a PET scan (we are unable) right now, they have him on pain meds... not sure what owners will do, other than enjoy every precious minute they have with him... my dogs are getting lots of extra love, tonight..I broke down and cried... my heart aches for this dog and his family...so unfair