Lose 20lbs by Feb 1st Accountability Buddies

Options

Replies

• Dukare
    Dukare Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    So I wont be available till Monday...going out of town to see the Jets play with my family which is awesome! What's even cooler than that? I did my weigh in early to make sure I stayed accountable, and I am down 3 lbs from last week!!😃

Beginning weight: 174
    11/4 158.8
    11/9 155.8

Way to go!!... great way to boost motivation! Have fun!!
  • MeeShellMyBell84
    Options
    I am so in! I need a serious motivator. Gained a ton of weight, my goal was to get down to 110 by January, so hopefully this helps me to get there!
  • tthickens637
    tthickens637 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Dukare wrote: »
    Making random food is hard to calorie count

Agree! I think my calorie estimates are off because I make my own food - no pre-packaged stuff. I might be consistently high/low, but I think I'm consistent anyway. Have you found a good way to calculate it?
  • amberellen12
    amberellen12 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I enter each item individually the first time. Then when I make it again I look up the dish with homemade in it and use that number. Not ideal but it is quicker.
  • JuliBiGoolee
    JuliBiGoolee Posts: 204 Member
    Options

I use the recipe tool. I create a recipe and enter each ingredient and quantity. Its not perfect but it helps
  • Dukare
    edited November 2018
    Options

Agree! I think my calorie estimates are off because I make my own food - no pre-packaged stuff. I might be consistently high/low, but I think I'm consistent anyway. Have you found a good way to calculate it?

Pure experience gives a good eyeball estimate for calories usually, and trying to read labels a lot gives some help. Usually I go off what the packages say, and then it'll probably be close enough.

If I'm worried about it, I will actually overestimate what I think it is. ..just a bit, and that way I know that I'm probably good in terms of my consistency and trends.

Overall tho, do what works for you. I know my margin of error is working for me because I can feel it - the calorie input is pretty accurate or at least works for my progress. If you are consistently over or under, it'll average out for you. Don't sweat it I'd say.

--- I do use the recipe maker and find homemade versions of things, and that is usually a good way to also get a pretty accurate calorie count for certain items. Or if I eat something processed, I use some restaurants version of it -cause I know it is probably closer than what I find otherwise.
  • keishajohnsonlj
    keishajohnsonlj Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Would love to lose 20 pounds by February 🙌 count me in! I’m currently 165 at 5’3”.
    Goal by February 145 😊

I have same issue. Im 5'3" at 162. Went to doctor and was told I'm "OBESE " Like really, OMG!!!!
  • keishajohnsonlj
    keishajohnsonlj Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started ystrdy. Hopefully I can lose 20lbs by Feb.
  • Dukare
    Options
    OMG I think I have finally broken the 170lbs barrier!! Weight this morning was 168.6 and I’ve been hovering around 170 for nearly 6 weeks.

Start weight 275.5 (9/2017)
    Challenge start weight 170 obvs
    End Feb target 150

Hopefully that means I’m on my way.

Just need to get through a business trip overseas next week and then the holidays.

That is fantastic!!! ... but a daunting future ahead. Stay strong!!
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    @randompurple - That’s awesome! It’s a great feeling 🙂
  • tracylorence
    tracylorence Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am in I need to lose like 100 lbs is that to much for this group
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I am in I need to lose like 100 lbs is that to much for this group

No, everyone here has different ultimate goals.
  • karenesg
    karenesg Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Start 11/3: 188
    11/10: 186
    GW by 2/1: 173

Keep up the good work everybody! @tracylorence start where you are, do what you can, seek out support when you need it. We're all in this together whether it's 10 pounds or 100 we want to lose.