What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Options

Replies

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    I can't drink coffee. I even hate the smell of it more than the taste. The whole thing is gross for some reason.

I go through phases where I adore coffee and then poof! I just hate it. Right now I'm in a hating phase. I'm sure some day I will once again smell it, want it, and love it again. It's happened quite a few times in my life. It's really odd.

And no, It's had nothing to do with pregnancy or anything like that.
  • StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    FireOpalCO wrote: »
    Jam on grilled cheese sandwiches is delicious

What kind of jam and what kind of cheese?

Blackberry
  • StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    I can't drink coffee. I even hate the smell of it more than the taste. The whole thing is gross for some reason.

I go through phases where I adore coffee and then poof! I just hate it. Right now I'm in a hating phase. I'm sure some day I will once again smell it, want it, and love it again. It's happened quite a few times in my life. It's really odd.

And no, It's had nothing to do with pregnancy or anything like that.

When I'm pregnant even the smell of coffee would make me vomit. Otherwise I love coffee.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Oreo thins are better than the original.

GTFO of here with that nonsense.

I knew that would offend a few people :lol:

lemme guess... you think quest bars are delicious, right?

What's wrong with questbars? They're actually pretty good!

I have had a couple of flavors that were almost indistinguishable from each other and both had the texture of a tootsie roll. My favorite protein bar is Pure Protein Salted Caramel flavor which sets the bar too high for any Quest bar I have tried. Like everything on this thread, it's a personal preference.
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    - Avocados are only okay
    - Smoothies are overated
    - Salted caramel things never have enough salt in them (ditto salted chocolate)
    - green apples > red apples
  • CarvedTones
    Options
    Flavored coffee of almost any type tastes bad to me.

I like almost all vegetables, but turnips are a little hard to take, especially since potatoes would work in their place.

The deep fried fair food - candy bars and various desserts - are generally not good. It isn't just the insane calories that turn me off; it just isn't a combination I like.

I like onions, but my preference for a sweet Vidalia is strong enough that just about any other is meh at best.

I eat zuchini, but I think it is usually added almost more for color and contrast with the better tasting yellow summer squash.
  • CarvedTones
    Options
    smolmaus wrote: »
    Bread is overrated. I'm shocked at the number of people in some of the GF groups I'm in who eat gluten -- despite being GF on medical orders -- for *bread*.
    -Chicken breast is a terrible cut of meat usually cooked to death, thighs being cheaper makes no sense when they're twice as delicious (not complaining tho).

I also like thigh meat more, but I still do eat a lot of chicken breast. It's very easy to overcook and then it is pretty bad.
  • smolmaus
    smolmaus Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I also like thigh meat more, but I still do eat a lot of chicken breast. It's very easy to overcook and then it is pretty bad.
    I still eat it since I buy whole chickens but I would never in a million years buy fresh skinless chicken breasts. Eating the breast meat is a price I pay to get a whole carcass for stock and the tasty underneathy-bits.
    Deviette wrote: »
    - green apples > red apples
    Reminded me of another one

Pink lady apples are garbage and taste like washing up liquid
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I detest peanut butter. I don't even like to smell it.

Yogurt is foul.
  • ChloeNev
    ChloeNev Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Avocado tastes like grass.