What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Marshmallows can be amazing when homemade. I especially love the ones I make with real fruit.

One of my kids is vegetarian and was vegan for a little while. Sometimes the kids would makes s'mores so we got some vegan (no gelatin) marshmallows. I forget the brand, but they were vanilla flavored and tasted amazing.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    S'mores really aren't very good. I don't think that's an unpopular opinion. Marshmallow anything is pretty bad, though oddly enough, I like a marshmallow or two by itself every now and then.

I like the chocolate and graham crackers without the marshmallow, not real fond of marshmallows.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Marshmallows can be amazing when homemade. I especially love the ones I make with real fruit.

One of my kids is vegetarian and was vegan for a little while. Sometimes the kids would makes s'mores so we got some vegan (no gelatin) marshmallows. I forget the brand, but they were vanilla flavored and tasted amazing.

I have thought about making the vegan ones to try out. Using gelatin packets is actually quite stinky.
  • IcyOtter1
    IcyOtter1 Posts: 10 Member
    Mustard, mushrooms, avocado, olives,
    Mayonnaise, Thousand Island dressing,
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Most buffets and all you can eat dining places are a waste.

Most holiday food is actually pretty gross.

Sours are basically melted sour candy mixed with a Miller Lite and are an embarrassment to beer.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Hazelnut flavor is okay when it is subtle, but kind of nasty when it is not. When I used to drink, I never understood the popularity of Frangelico. Hazelnut flavored coffee? No thanks. Nutella is okay; the hazelnut is a bit more subtle; still not my first choice.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    Most buffets and all you can eat dining places are a waste.

Most holiday food is actually pretty gross.

Sours are basically melted sour candy mixed with a Miller Lite and are an embarrassment to beer.

Yes. Buffets are *disgusting*.
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,843 Member
    IcyOtter1 wrote: »
    Mustard, mushrooms, avocado, olives,
    Mayonnaise, Thousand Island dressing,

I can't eat anything the color of Thousand Island dressing. That color makes me sick just looking at it.
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Jam on grilled cheese sandwiches is delicious

What kind of jam and what kind of cheese?