November 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »
    Today I got to run 3.72 miles. It was rough. Dry, but very cold and windy. My clothes just weren’t doing it for me for a few reasons, my legs felt like dead weights, and I just felt crummy the whole time. My left ankle started hurting early in the run and is still hurting on and off several hours later.

I was trying to decide if this counts as my worst run ever, but considering that even after an unwisely long nap, dinner, and two episodes of ridiculous TV I’m still feeling demoralized I think the answer is a solid yes. I know bad runs are part of the game, but this one shook me pretty bad.

NOVEMBER MILES:
    11/1 Th - 0:40:01 - 3.76
    11/2 Fr - rest
    11/3 Sa - 0:30:46 - 2.93
    11/4 Su - rest
    11/5 Mo - 0:55:43 - 5.07
    11/6 Tu - rest
    11/7 We - 0:43:29 - 3.70
    11/8 Th - rest
    11/9 Fr - 0:42:05 - 3.63
    11/10 Sa
    11/11 Su
    11/12 Mo - 0:41:59 - 3.72

November Total: 22.81/75 miles

Races! (italics under consideration)
    July 4: Red, White and Boom! 5K Chip time: 0:32:20
    August 25: Glo Run Night Race 5K Chip time: 0:30:40
    September 8: Helen Gold 10K DNS - trip postponed
    September 9: City of Lakes Half Marathon Net time: 2:28:25
    October 6: Twin Cities Marathon Weekend 10K Chip time: 1:05:14
    October 21: Mankato Half Marathon Chip time: 2:29:25
    November 24: Mustache Run 10K
    December 8: Reindeer Run 15K

I don't think there is such a thing as a "bad" run. There are good runs, better runs, and great runs.
    Keep your head up and hang in there.

Well, this one definitely counted as a "good" run then. :)

We have all had a few of those.
    With everything you have going on, it's great you can get out and log a few miles.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    11-1 Rest
    11-2 7k intervals
    11-3 7k easy
    11-4 10.5k slow
    11-5 7k recovery
    11-6 Rest
    11-7 7k intervals
    11-8 7k easy
    11-9 Rest
    11-10 7k
    11-11 10.5k slow
    11-12 7k recovery
    11-13 Rest

November total: 70k
    November goal: 150k

Scheduled rest day today.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    IF YOU ARE IN THE MARKET TODAY FOR AN APPLE WATCH:

W00T is running a big sale on them, today only: https://9to5toys.com/2018/11/13/woot-apple-watch-sale/
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    What type of pants do you wear in the winter? This morning was the coldest I've run in so far, around 12F. I thought my leggings that I wore were pretty warm up until this morning. I didn't feel cold while out for my run but when i got home and felt my legs bare skin they felt cold as ice. I was thinking of buying a pair of joggers and wearing those over my leggings? What to do...
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »
    What type of pants do you wear in the winter? This morning was the coldest I've run in so far, around 12F. I thought my leggings that I wore were pretty warm up until this morning. I didn't feel cold while out for my run but when i got home and felt my legs bare skin they felt cold as ice. I was thinking of buying a pair of joggers and wearing those over my leggings? What to do...

I have three or four pair of tights I wear, one lightweight, two midweight, and one heavyweight. If it gets so cold, or windy, that the heavyweight tights won't cut it, I wear a pair of joggers over them.

For my heavyweight tights I use Smartwool PhD. Very warm!

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options

i wear two to three pairs. i have fleece tights too. so 1-2 light or midweight. coooooold days fleece and another pair of tights. frozen days-2 pairs of fleece. why am i running, the air hurts my face days -capri, leggings, fleece leggings.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Way to go @martaindale on your longest EVER run! Treadmill shmeadmill...who cares? You ran a distance PR!
    OMG @7lenny7 that pic of Kody!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options

As cold as I've ever had to run in down here was a Christmas race at night when it was 20 something with a windchill in the teens. I wore heavyweight leggings with fleece joggers over and was toasty.