11-3 7k easy
    11-4 10.5k slow
    11-5 7k recovery
    11-6 Rest
    11-7 7k intervals
    11-8 7k easy

November total: 45.5k
    November goal: 150k

Another great day for running: high 30s F and hardly any wind at all.
    Tomorrow is supposed to be a scheduled rest day - will have to look hard at the weather forecast and decide whether to run tomorrow and rest Saturday or rest tomorrow and run Saturday. Lake effect snow is in the forecast.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    You'll be running miles before you know it!

Thank you for the advice. I honestly feel like I could run a whole mile without stopping now but I am purposely taking it easy to be sure I don't injure myself.

SMART! This is a long game sport. Do not rush it. Learn your body and work with it. :)
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent do you have good returns on Instagram ads? I'm working on a Facebook ads funnel to test next year. I've never really tried them but took a class so I feel a bit more confident in running them.

@MegaMooseEsq I think mental health is much like running, you have to find what works for you. Nothing works as well as running (as far as workouts) but because my issues don't affect my every day my doctor doesn't want me on drugs (which I love because I don't want to go down that road unless I really need to and sometimes I feel we overmedicate for everything - not just mental health).
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    What happened was that I completely ruptured the extensor digitorum longus of my second toe. This is the tendon which straightens the toe and helps lift up the foot. It's highly unusual for a rupture like this to be associated with athletic activity. My surgeon, with 30 years experience, had never seen this happen because of running. The surgeon took the remaining tendon attached to my toe and attached it to the EDL of my third toe so that they still fire together.

Did your surgeon happen to say what usually causes this kind of injury?

ETA: I did some googling and found an article from a Swiss sports-medicine journal (PDF warning) which seems to say that these kind of ruptures are usually associated with laceration injuries, either from falling objects or high speed collisions - they only found two sport-related EDL injuries in a literature review, one after turning an ankle playing squash and the other from a hockey player whose foot was cut by another player's skate (page 15). I'm not surprised your surgeon had never seen it happen because of running!