What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Options

Replies

• jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Oreos suck

Compared to what?

Famous Amos? Agreed. Sugar cookies? GTFO of here.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    I hate canned tuna, I don't like mayo, and I find it unfathomable that people would voluntarily eat a tuna fish sandwich.

I hate marshmallows and, as a result, smores.

The only filled donuts I can stand are the once a year paczkis.

Pepperoni, black olives, and pineapple sounds good for pizza!
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Oreos suck

Isn't there some rule against this sort of negativity?

That being said, I think I've only had 4 Oreos since 14 Feb. They are very calorie dense and don't go well with the goals of keeping my BG normal and losing weight.

So I'd say the only thing that sucks about them, and all their generic and off-brand cousins is that they are sugary fat bombs :wink:

No negativity directed toward....food? Alrighty then...
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    The average dessert, cookie, and cake is way too sweet.

Too much chocolate makes me sick.

Sushi is not tasty at all.

Dairy is great for health.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »

Isn't this a popular opinion? It's the official position of the US government, among other groups, and people who are trying to reduce or quit dairy are often asked where they are planning to get nutrients like calcium.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »

Isn't this a popular opinion? It's the official position of the US government, among other groups, and people who are trying to reduce or quit dairy are often asked where they are planning to get nutrients like calcium.

It seems to me lately that more people than not are anti-dairy. I hardly meet or talk to any dairy fans.
  • bemyyfriend0918
    bemyyfriend0918 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    All types of yogurt and oatmeal are gross.
    Store bought baked goods are mediocre at best and are not worth eating.
    Avocado reminds me of green slime...and
    Jello and pudding have consistencies that are too weird to eat.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    A substantiated opinion - the case against using GMO products is complete woo. Every major health organization around the world (CDC, WHO, EUPHA, etc) endorses them as safe. Purposefully avoiding GMO products is pretty much anti-science. A lot of common products avoid them because of public perception so we end up avoiding them without trying. There are reasons to hate Monsanto's business practices with respect to GMO crops. It's a real shame; GMO crops have more yield per acre, reducing the amount of farmland that needs to be cleared. They are more tolerant of drought, increasing the food supply in some areas that need it most. They are more bug resistant, decreasing the need for pesticides that often pollute water supplies.
    A substantiated opinion - the case against using GMO products is complete woo. Every major health organization around the world (CDC, WHO, EUPHA, etc) endorses them as safe. Purposefully avoiding GMO products is pretty much anti-science. A lot of common products avoid them because of public perception so we end up avoiding them without trying. There are reasons to hate Monsanto's business practices with respect to GMO crops. It's a real shame; GMO crops have more yield per acre, reducing the amount of farmland that needs to be cleared. They are more tolerant of drought, increasing the food supply in some areas that need it most. They are more bug resistant, decreasing the need for pesticides that often pollute water supplies.

Agreed. I have zero issue with GMOs.

There is no more rational basis for having a blanket opinion about all GMOs than there is for having a blanket opinion about all possible non GMO organisms. Some will be generally safe for all people, with a very low incidence of allergies. Some will be toxic. And there will be foods that fall somewhere between those extremes.
    The process of genetically modifying something doesn't make it automatically safe to eat, anymore than the fact that something isn't genetically modified (by humans through gene manipulation) makes it safe to eat.

How about I have no problem with GMOs the FDA has deemed safe to eat? It's just not something I worry about.

And, I assume, if the FDA has not deemed it safe to eat, I won't be finding it on my grocery store's shelves. Therefore, I don't worry about any GMOs (which was my original statement).

Yes, this. Thanks for saying it better!
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Cheez-Its... best cracker. Period.

Cheese Nips > Cheez-Its

Goldfish > either of those

> Annies bunnies
  • StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member