Lose 20lbs by Feb 1st Accountability Buddies

Replies

• MissTeriAnn
    MissTeriAnn Posts: 68 Member
    Would love to lose 20 pounds by February 🙌 count me in! I’m currently 165 at 5’3”.
    Goal by February 145 😊

I have same issue. Im 5'3" at 162. Went to doctor and was told I'm "OBESE " Like really, OMG!!!!
    Yes, it’s hard to hear those words “obese” but look at the bright side, you’re on your way to a healthier you!! :)

My last appointment the doctor said “your not going to like what I have to say but YOU NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT” lol. I smiled and said “I know and I’m on my way towards it” I was 180 so I know I can lose another 20 but I need to stay committed. This is by far the most challenging journey I’ve had in my life. Lol.

I think by February we can lose a nice chunk off! 😊
  • MissTeriAnn
    MissTeriAnn Posts: 68 Member
    Well here’s my weekly weigh in. I slacked off this week. Stopped T25 because my husband stopped too and didn’t meal prep. I went shopping so I have some healthy foods to meal prep for the next few day. I started work again after maternity leave and I noticed I like to snack. I bought almonds and that’s been saving me from eating unhealthy. No weight loss but absolutely no gain either. I’m stating to wonder if my scale is broken lol.

I’d love some recommendations for a scale. I’d like to buy one that includes the body fat.

Anywhoo, have a great Sunday! Thankfully we have no plans so I will be home, I’ll meal prep and take the dog and baby to the park :)

Challenge Starting Weight: 165.4
    Goal Weight: 145.4

Sunday 10/07 = 163.0
    Sunday 10/14 = 160.2
    Sunday 10/21 = 159.2
    Sunday 10/28 = 160.0
    Sunday 11/04 = 159.4
    Sunday 11/11 = 159.4
  • heroyalslimness
    heroyalslimness Posts: 591 Member
    I am in! I get weighed by my doctor every three weeks. Starting weight-172. Yes, hoping to be down 20 pounds by Feb
  • Dukare
    Dukare Posts: 144 Member
    edited November 2018
    I am so inspired by all you guys pushing for hitting those goals, and some hitting them! Way to go!!

I weighed myself this morning and I was 2lb less, but I think it has more to do with not having breakfast yet, and the big #2 which occurred previously.

*sigh. The anticipation of potentially keeping that number tomorrow or the next is making it hard for me to focus hahaa.

Here I go!!
  • KimmieCapone
    KimmieCapone Posts: 46 Member
    Am I too late?!
  • MissLotte
    MissLotte Posts: 101 Member
    I'm in. I have the following goals;

CW 168lbs

1st: to reach 164 lbs by Nov 30th

2nd: to reach 159 lbs by Dec 31st

3rd: to reach 153 lbs by Jan 31st

4th: to reach 148 lbs by Feb 28th

My goals do go beyond this.
  • karenesg
    karenesg Posts: 318 Member
    Happy Monday! Time to reset and restart. Hope everyone has a good week ahead

ed4jknoo2gkm.jpg
    cajvqs2ccg9d.jpg
  • amberellen12
    amberellen12 Posts: 248 Member
    Monday weigh in:

SW 187.4 10/22
    CW 183.8
    GW 140 07/30

Making sure I get my pilate bench exercises in everyday. 3 more lbs by the end of Nov and then 5 lbs each month after that.
  • BEKINDER1277
    BEKINDER1277 Posts: 1 Member
    edited November 2018
    :)
  • tthickens637
    tthickens637 Posts: 312 Member
    Dukare wrote: »
    Making random food is hard to calorie count

I use the recipe tool. I create a recipe and enter each ingredient and quantity. Its not perfect but it helps

Wow, I think I'm missing something... recipe tool? Is that part of mfp or a different app? TIA
  • 73CL350
    73CL350 Posts: 259 Member
    Dukare wrote: »
    Making random food is hard to calorie count

I use the recipe tool. I create a recipe and enter each ingredient and quantity. Its not perfect but it helps

Wow, I think I'm missing something... recipe tool? Is that part of mfp or a different app? TIA

You can create meals and recipes in the mfp app ... in diary, in a sub tab for each
  • Kiyomoo
    Kiyomoo Posts: 354 Member
    10/24/2018 - (first day I joined the group) 214.5
    10/28/2018 - 210.8
    11/11/2018 - 205.5 down 9 pounds

Great job!
  • sagahmed
    sagahmed Posts: 2 Member
    I’m in!
  • oajeadeg1
    oajeadeg1 Posts: 2 Member
    edited November 2018
    Is it too late to join??
    SW-198
    GW-169

• tthickens637
    Headed out for a month vacation at the end of the week. Wish me luck. I know I can do this!!
  • ghostgeneratrix
    ghostgeneratrix Posts: 1 Member
    I want to join in. I'm 155 pounds, looking to get to a 130 pounds. So this aligns with my plan exactly.
  • JuliBiGoolee
    JuliBiGoolee Posts: 204 Member
    Am I too late?!

Nope, never too late
  • JuliBiGoolee
    JuliBiGoolee Posts: 204 Member
    oajeadeg1 wrote: »
    Is it too late to join??
    SW-198
    GW-169

Nope, welcome aboard!
  • jojo19812018
    jojo19812018 Posts: 66 Member
    Hi, I’m in! SW 198 8 weeks ago.
    CW 177, GW 157
  • tthickens637
    Help..... Why am I so hungry? Went over my calorie goal two days in a row and it's so smoky from the fires here that I didn't get my walk in for two days. Scale's up and I'm down. Feeling discouraged:(
  • skavanagh4
    skavanagh4 Posts: 4 Member
    How do I join? Need motivation to lose these last 20 lbs!
    SW: 198
    CW:170
    GW:150
  • cheeky300
    cheeky300 Posts: 22 Member
    I'm in need to lose another 24lbs would love to achieve this by Feb . Anyone got any dinner ideas fed up with chicken and fish or need some inspiration on different things to do with them ?
  • LadySaton
    LadySaton Posts: 500 Member
    Tthickens, maybe stress related? I know I eat big when stressed and that certainly sounds stressful. When I am having a very hungry day I switch to lighter calorie foods with lots of protein and fiber that I keep around specifically for those occasions. Also, This time of year I make many many mugs of tea. No sugar or milk, just hot tea. If you have amazon prime, they have lots of workout videos for being stuck indoors. We have snow and ice right now so I’ve been doing that myself. I miss the sun. :-/
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    SW 270.8
    CW 202.7
    UGW 135.4
    CGW 182.7
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Help..... Why am I so hungry? Went over my calorie goal two days in a row and it's so smoky from the fires here that I didn't get my walk in for two days. Scale's up and I'm down. Feeling discouraged:(

Could be extra stress or if your period is coming up (I can’t tell if you are a woman or man) then that can make you feel more hungry. Everyone has days they go over their calories. I’ve gone over twice this week. Unless you are eating A LOT 3500 over your maintenance to gain 1 lb) the scale going up is not actual fat gain its most likely just water weight so don’t fret about it, it will come off again.
  • gregj0509
    gregj0509 Posts: 6 Member
    edited November 2018
    I'm new to the forum portion of MFP and I've been off and on about tracking and working out. I recently had a baby girl, she's our rainbow baby after two other tries. I've found a new sense of responsibility and strength, so I want to use this as motivation to do the things I've been putting off. I've been logging food very meticulously for the past couple days. Just yesterday I was telling my wife as she was beginning to throw away my label for a snack I had, "Wait! I need that to log my food in MFP. You can scan the bar code and it will input all the nutrition info automatically."
    I've also been cutting back on late night eating and eating unnecessarily.

Along with the food logging, I've been back on my training plan after almost a year break. It's a slightly modified version of Jim Stoppani's Shortcut to Shred program from bodybuilding.com. It consists of mostly weights, but you're suppose to do a 1 minute cardio workout in between every rep. I'm opting to just do 1 run/jog day for 45 minutes. So far, I'm on track with the program and hurt like hell. I tried starting off with lifting the weight I did when I stopped a year ago, but it didn't work out as planned haha; Bringing it back down to a manageable weight so I don't hurt myself.

One easy thing I found to do at work was to stand for the 8 hours. I thought my feet would hurt a lot more than they do, but it's not too bad. Plus, by the end of the day you will have burned almost 1000 calories just by being upright and breathing. It's almost like a cheat code I wish I had used it many years ago.

Anyhow, I like reading everyone's posts about how they are doing and what their progress is. Even if we don't make our immediate goals, know that if you're persistent, you'll get where you're going someday. Just keep at it and good luck to everyone!