If it didn't have calories, right now I would eat...

Options

Replies

• CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Ruatine wrote: »
    Mmmm... I will take responsibility for that french fry craving. And, if you couldn't tell, those are Five Guys fries, which, I think, are some of the best! ;)

@CarvedTones I actually really enjoy a Frosty. It has a different flavor than a typical chocolate shake. But, yes, I agree with the fry dipping. :smiley:

Yeah, a frosty is mostly chocolate milk, corn syrup and cream chilled while stirred. They are good, IMO, but I prefer ice cream, which has pretty much the same ingredients plus vanilla blended with the milk and chocolate syrup right before serving. The texture and taste is different. The vanilla in the ice cream changes the taste and the texture of a Frosty is a bit more like a slushy and more consistent. I like the inconsistency of getting a little ice cream lump or chocolate syrup a little heavier in spots every now and then in a shake.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    bioklutz wrote: »
    Brie baked in a pastry puff.

Baked-Brie-Nestled-in-Pastry-15.jpg
    zoom_60320.jpg

just plugged in a similar recipe cause I was curious about the calories...this would be almost 7000 calories! :'(
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    vegmebuff wrote: »

zoom_60320.jpg

just plugged in a similar recipe cause I was curious about the calories...this would be almost 7000 calories! :'(

Share it with some apple slices. I volunteer!
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    54vkofk5u0dt.jpeg
    Reisling Baked Pears 🍐
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    That^^ looks heavenly!!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

zoom_60320.jpg

I love baked brie but started making these:

iqb6sroodhw7.png

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/245291/brie-cups/

a few years ago for a couple of reasons.
    1) you can modify the toppings - I usually get a few different flavored fancy jams/spreads and make an assortment. Fig Jam, Honey w/ Pecan and a rosemary sprig, a little sliver of proscuitto with apricot jam are a few of my favorites.
    2) I hate how the baked brie looks after it's been sitting out for a while - warm it is awesome but after it congeals... it's less than visually appealing. The little bites stay pretty and taste good at room temp as well as warm.

t2807.gif
  • vegmebuff
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

zoom_60320.jpg

I love baked brie but started making these:

iqb6sroodhw7.png

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/245291/brie-cups/

a few years ago for a couple of reasons.
    1) you can modify the toppings - I usually get a few different flavored fancy jams/spreads and make an assortment. Fig Jam, Honey w/ Pecan and a rosemary sprig, a little sliver of proscuitto with apricot jam are a few of my favorites.
    2) I hate how the baked brie looks after it's been sitting out for a while - warm it is awesome but after it congeals... it's less than visually appealing. The little bites stay pretty and taste good at room temp as well as warm.

yes...these would be much easier on the waist line for sure...I'd actually rather have them - phyllo is nice crispy and lighter than the 'heavier' puff pastry
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    That^^ looks heavenly!!

Thanks! It was big hit and the first dessert to run out. I ended up having a sliver.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Minus the horsey sauce, add honey mustard!
    czkl80v1af06.jpeg

Mmmm, Arby's curly fries!!! I NEED!!!
  • vegmebuff
    Options
    FireOpalCO wrote: »
    That^^ looks heavenly!!

Thanks! It was big hit and the first dessert to run out. I ended up having a sliver.

I don't doubt that...that for sure be the one dessert I'd be devouring...yummo
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    qmcr8t5ocfcf.jpeg
    Homemade tomato soup with fresh basil, homemade bread and smoked Cooper sharp for the grilled cheese.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options

zoom_60320.jpg

omg that knife and fork like that's just a thing you eat all to yourself. I guess this is the dream it thread.
  • vegmebuff
    Options
    ghyhjpwgcq2q.png
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    The entire tray of homemade stuffing. Sagey, buttery awesomeness.

Instead I had a reasonable portion.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    ghyhjpwgcq2q.png

OH YESSS