Anybody else get tired of counting calories?

Replies

• Runaroundafieldx2
    Runaroundafieldx2 Posts: 233 Member
    I only log when my weight is outside the range I like it to be or my body composition is.

At the minute I'm at the weight I like to be over winter but I'm carrying more fat than I like after a period of inactivity due to surgery.
    So I'm logging to cut that down.

If you can get to goal without logging then you really don't need to.

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    How long have you been logging?

I never minded logging my food, certainly not for the first few years anyway (it got me to goal weight and it helped me keep it off imo) - I now no longer need to log as I can maintain my loss without physically logging however mentally I still am very aware of my approx calorie daily intake.
  • anothermfpuser
    anothermfpuser Posts: 84 Member
    oat_bran wrote: »
    I will definitely not be able (or willing) to spend my entire life doing that. I can only hope that someday after losing enough weight and logging at maintenance I can learn to eat intuitively. I mean 80% of the people around me are at a healthy weight and don't count calories, they can rely on their hunger cues to know how much they should eat. So I hope I can learn to do that too...

Yes.. it is completely possible...

Once you've learned what works for you, it can become a personal choice to either log or not. 3+ successful years and counting for myself of not logging food.
  • ShayCarver89
    ShayCarver89 Posts: 239 Member
    It’s so routine at this point it doesn’t bother me most days. Some days, when I’m feeling rather blah-ish, I don’t care for it.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Doesn't bother me. It takes a few minutes of my day. That being said, I do take logging breaks for various reasons but always go back to it.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Counting calories and logging food in a diary is a tool. People do lose weight without logging. If you don't want to keep track of calories you can try other things. You will still only lose when you have a calorie deficit whether you track your calories or not.

I find it much easier to lose consistantly with logging. The more I logged the faster and easier it got.
    After several years of logging daily, I can be more lax about logging every day and still do okay. I still log most of the time because I like to make sure I get enough protein and fiber as well as watch calories. If I eat a new food I like to log it.