What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Options

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Lays salt and vinegar chips are not good at all. I am a huge fan of salt n vinegar chips, but hate lays. I like my chips with a nice caking of flavoring. I dislike lays chips in general because they always leave me with an oily taste in my mouth.

All my friends and family members seem to think lays salt n vinegar are the best. 🤨
  • veggie16mfp
    veggie16mfp Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Aubergine, courgette and goats cheese should all be banished to a big black hole, never to be seen or heard of again.
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    I find avocado disgusting.

me too, and I hate sweet potato too
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Food is fuel - the more you treat it as such and the less you use it as a means to socialize or as an emotional crutch, the happier and fitter you will be.

I share this unpopular opinion with you. For some reason when the phrase "food is fuel" is spoken some people think that means I don't like food, don't care what I eat and/or force myself to eat unappetizing things. NOT true. The complete opposite, in fact. I love food and will only eat things I truly enjoy.

To me, the phrase means to pay attention to the quality of your "fuel" rather than assign emotions to it. I pay attention to the type of fuel I put in my truck the same way I monitor the quality and quantity of fuel for my body.

@bry_fitness @BZAH10

Add me to the Unpopular opinion trio on this! ☺️

• CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    I find avocado disgusting.

me too, and I hate sweet potato too

Are you talking about the actual "real" sweet potato from the produce department properly cooked? The canned orange sludge (which I admit to eating) is a completely different thing IMO.
  • asonrody
    asonrody Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I don't like tea or coffee, it's too bitter! I'm trying to get used to drinking unsweetened tea, but it's gonna take time. Although when I went to h mart recently and a woman at a dumpling shop happily gave everyone who ordered something a cup of green tea I had an easier time making myself drink most of it because of how sweet I thought that was!
  • Kupla71
    Kupla71 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I hate eggs Benedict. Runny egg yolks mixed with that icky hollandaise sauce makes me gag.
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    BBQ sauce is disgusting.
    Single handedly ruins a good BBQ (and specifically Pulled pork).
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Food is fuel - the more you treat it as such and the less you use it as a means to socialize or as an emotional crutch, the happier and fitter you will be.

I'm in 100% agreement with this.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    Roasted Brussels sprouts are the best vegetable.

Sometimes I think you are my twin, separated at birth. It's not my single favorite, but I get it infrequently enough that I will have some whenever it's available. I like them cut in half, flat side up, lightly sprayed with olive oil and Trader Joe's Everyday Seasoning fresh ground over them.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

I thought I hated cauliflower until I tried it roasted with olive oil. My husband is still a bit miffed about all the cauliflower-less years he suffered through our marriage :lol:
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »

I thought I hated cauliflower until I tried it roasted with olive oil. My husband is still a bit miffed about all the cauliflower-less years he suffered through our marriage :lol:

Drizzle a whole head of cauliflower with olive oil, rub in your fav spice mix and roast as is in the oven 1h at 425F.
    30min covered with aluminum foil and 30min foiled removed. Its something else :)

I like that idea! Cauliflower is a pain to cut up.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options

Sometimes I think you are my twin, separated at birth. It's not my single favorite, but I get it infrequently enough that I will have some whenever it's available. I like them cut in half, flat side up, lightly sprayed with olive oil and Trader Joe's Everyday Seasoning fresh ground over them.

Speaking of Trader Joe's and Brussels sprouts, it's my favorite time of year. They're selling the whole stalks very cheaply right now.

I love the tasty suckers, but they do tend to be expensive.