Keto

Replies

• gcooper7
    gcooper7 Posts: 146 Member
    gcooper7 wrote: »
    Since I've started this thread I've lost 61 lbs doing keto. Everyone has been helpful and encouraging.

what should i do if i feel sluggish while on keto? I felt great in the morning and by the afternoon I feel drained

I usually up my salt Intake
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,889 Member
    Since I've started this thread I've lost 61 lbs doing keto. Everyone has been helpful and encouraging.

You've lost 61 pounds since April 23? What was your starting weight? If you are anywhere near goal you should slow that rate of loss. If not, congrats and carry on!
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member

what should i do if i feel sluggish while on keto? I felt great in the morning and by the afternoon I feel drained

I would look at what your lunch is containing. I tend to have some lettuce which is more of a garnish and some protein with avocado, hard boiled egg, sour cream and guacamole. It gives me enough fat to coast through the afternoon. Mornings is where I struggle but I do an early morning workout so I treat myself to some almonds and macadamia nuts.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member

Often good advice. :)
  • gcooper7
    I seem to be stuck at my current weight. I know I have more to lose but I think I may need to readjust my diet.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    I seem to be stuck at my current weight. I know I have more to lose but I think I may need to readjust my diet.

Are you tracking calories?
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    How long have you been stuck?
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member

This is a need that I have as well. Finally set down and counted up my calories and over the last year my daily calories had moved from around 3000 to 4000. Drinking 1600 calories of heavy whipping cream in on day got my attention. Better than boiled custard for me but calories still count. :)

• gcooper7
    psuLemon wrote: »

Yes, I'm tracking calories. I'm making my numbers but I think I need to add a little more protien.
  • gcooper7
    How long have you been stuck?

For about 3 weeks or so
  • gcooper7

This is a need that I have as well. Finally set down and counted up my calories and over the last year my daily calories had moved from around 3000 to 4000. Drinking 1600 calories of heavy whipping cream in on day got my attention. Better than boiled custard for me but calories still count. :)

Yeah I started to look at my calories as well. I have been a little more active and going to Juijitsu more so I'm thinking it's not the calories but my macros are off.
  • rsclause
    I was stuck for a couple of weeks but started moving again. I am not sure if it was the handful of nuts I was eating mid morning, which I stopped or that I started dabbling with fasting.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member

Yeah I started to look at my calories as well. I have been a little more active and going to Juijitsu more so I'm thinking it's not the calories but my macros are off.

It could be the increased activity that stalled the scale. When you start a new activity, or really increase intensity, your muscles experience some inflammation from the workout that you are giving them - more water retention. You may well be losing some fat, or size, but the extra water weight could be masking it on the scale.

Do you have any before pictures to compare to? That sometimes tells a better story. The same goes for tape measurements.

I experienced that a number of years ago. I was pretty newly into lifting and had to stop about 3 months into a new program due to a back injury. Within two weeks of stopping, my weight dropped close to 10lbs, without any change in caloric intake. Muscle recovery/water retention could be playing a role.
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    rsclause wrote: »
    I was stuck for a couple of weeks but started moving again. I am not sure if it was the handful of nuts I was eating mid morning, which I stopped or that I started dabbling with fasting.

I weigh nuts now. A handful is a risky measuring device for such a calorie dense food.
    https://www.thekitchn.com/a-visual-guide-to-100-calories-of-nuts-snack-tips-from-the-kitchn-201778
  • Blubberbuster1
    Blubberbuster1 Posts: 265 Member
    Down 70lbs.. 50lbs of it being Keto.
  • psuLemon

Yes, I'm tracking calories. I'm making my numbers but I think I need to add a little more protien.

How many you consuming?
  • rsclause
    mawill08 wrote: »
    Down 70lbs.. 50lbs of it being Keto.

Nice work!
  • gcooper7

How many you consuming?

Based on ketogains calculator I'm supposed to consume about 1553 calories. I'm close to that maybe 100 off give or take at times. I've used this since the beginning and it's been working. But this is where I thing I need to make some adjustments
  • psuLemon

How many you consuming?

Based on ketogains calculator I'm supposed to consume about 1553 calories. I'm close to that maybe 100 off give or take at times. I've used this since the beginning and it's been working. But this is where I thing I need to make some adjustments

That is pretty low, especially for a guy who is active. It would definitely make to hard to maintain your muscle at those levels. I suspect you might be holding onto some water weight. Have you taken a diet break since you started?