What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    Watching videos of soldiers coming home...gets me every time.
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    NM
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    This is going to be a long night
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options

Are you already at your in-laws or Prepping to head that way?

Happy Thanksgiving dear one!!
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    Watching videos of soldiers coming home...gets me every time.

+1
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options

Are you already at your in-laws or Prepping to head that way?

Happy Thanksgiving dear one!!

Neither, I'm working the night shift...

I'm going to probably get home around 630a, try to get a quick workout in to take advantage of the extra calories tomorrow, and I'll be up probably about 2p and hopefully visiting my family by about 3 or 4p...

Back at work tomorrow night at 10p and doing it all over again the next day for the inlaws....

The cool thing is my weekend starts Saturday morning... And visits will be done! Lol

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well... Hope it's not a hectic one :heart:
  • The_Devil_in_Miss_Jones
    Options
    On my mind.. how tough some people will find the holidays this year, @Tenebrous_D and @The_Devil_in_Miss_Jones sending extra positive thoughts and peace your way, and to all the extended mfp family, I hope you enjoy your holidays. :)

Thank you Jo <3 You are so sweet and genuine. Holidays will be tough but I'm surrounded by good people so it will make things better :) I hope you have wonderful holidays yourself my friend :*
  • Nicksmom106
    Nicksmom106 Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    k8eekins wrote: »
    I'm very nervous about meeting up with my biological father this weekend. The last time we saw each other was when I graduated from high school. He contacted me last January to meet up and he cancelled last minute. I have a lot of resentment and anger towards him , my mother did a great job at raising me with my step father but a part of me always wanted a relationship with my father. I'm really scared he lets me down but I'm willing to take that chance. He can't hurt me more than he has already.

THIS ("emboldened"). Focus on what matters to you now. Everything else (the resentment, the anger, the cancellation) ... To the wind.

Absolutely, life is too short to hold on to anger. 2 months ago, I lost someone very close to me and my children, every day since that happened, I wish I wouldn't have let my anger get in the way of saying or doing certain things. It's too late now but it's not too late to make other things right.

It's a very hard lesson to learn honey, this I know, but you will grow stronger for it...you already are! Wishing you a visit that exceeds your expectations...and if not then....they aren't worth it girl, it's their loss because you're pretty spectacular....❤
  • Nicksmom106
    edited November 2018
    Options
    So it's not even ten am and I've already welled up with dumb tears twice.
    I watched a tribute to stan lee by Looper and I got all emotional. AND then my friend texted me and was like "I'm thankful you're in a better place than last year" and I don't know if i'm hitting that Holiday feels, if i'm tired, or if I'm just an emotional person

How.about you're just an awesome person...pretty sure we already know that though.....you better know if too Mr.😘👍😁😎🤘❤
  • Nicksmom106
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I was never a big fan of thanksgiving. Just too much stress and emotions out on a single day. I enjoy seeing people but wish people would just do something more often than this late in a year.

Sadly, now thanksgiving is the anniversary of my brother dying. This means some years the anniversary is thanksgiving day..

For this being the second anniversary I think I am having a pretty good day. Down a ton of weight, nice warm house, decent life. Nice to feel normal on a day I didn’t care about much before 2016. Gonna get some Chinese takeout later and cook a full tday meal tomorrow instead.

Enjoy your lives and loved ones people. Life isn’t a tv show. Characters can get written off at any point in time.

Sending big hugs honey!!!❤ I too lost a loved one on a holiday...my dad on Valentine's Day....at first I resented everyone celebrating the day and if someone gave me something I'd be so upset about it....took years for me to realize that it's his day....he loved Valentine's day....but even if he didn't...I learned to use it as a day to celebrate his life..something I do in small ways every day...but on his anniversary every year I make it all about him and now the rest of my fam and friends do too...it sort of helps make the day more, ya know? It's so new for you and my heart breaks because it sucks and it's like in your face! Promise it will get better sweetie! Until then hugs and do your best...your plan sounds awesome!!!🤗
  • Nicksmom106
    Options
    I was never a big fan of thanksgiving. Just too much stress and emotions out on a single day. I enjoy seeing people but wish people would just do something more often than this late in a year.

Sadly, now thanksgiving is the anniversary of my brother dying. This means some years the anniversary is thanksgiving day..

For this being the second anniversary I think I am having a pretty good day. Down a ton of weight, nice warm house, decent life. Nice to feel normal on a day I didn’t care about much before 2016. Gonna get some Chinese takeout later and cook a full tday meal tomorrow instead.

Enjoy your lives and loved ones people. Life isn’t a tv show. Characters can get written off at any point in time.

i feel you on bad anniversaries, both my parents passed away over the holidays (mom on thanksgiving and dad on christmas)

to be super honest at this point it still pretty much sucks but i just fake it through the day bc your friends get tired of propping you up after awhile and i’m tired of bringing everyone down

there are little good moments though, like i made this killer cranberry sauce. trying to focus on that type of thing

hoping the rest of your day is good <3

❤❤❤
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    @Nicksmom106

🍁Happy Thanksgiving to you and delightfully energetic Nick lovie🍁
  • Gentletouchoflove
    Options
    <3 I'm grateful everyday for my life. The earth is music to my ears and the people are like sun shine in my life. After a lot of sadness in my teen years, felling alone and guilt all the time.. After 15 years of struggle.. Now in my 30's I m thankful for all the good and the bad. Some how Im discovering who I'm and how strong I was and still am. I discovered the spark in me that I lost for a while. I fell again like a child, free and powerful. I'm thankful for all the bad things that happened to me in my childhood. Those things made me who I'm today... A strong women and a gentle soul <3
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    Why has New Zealand brought into this Black Friday sales crap?! Why New Zealand..why??!

Yep.. here too :/