WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR NOVEMBER 2018

Options

Replies

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Tumble, the table-hopping terrier, raided Joe's peanuts yesterday, but was unable to get the kernels out from the shells. Good thing we moved the candy dish. Wish his Momma had taught him to push the chair in when he gets up from table. [sigh]

Lisa good idea to think over the exit interview question, making sure your expectations of yourself are in line with your concerns and future goals, trying to eliminate any expectations of the interim CEO. I have a new appreciation for the meaning, and implications, of "small town". Tread wisely. And as you breathe out, think of that moment when you realized the new council was trying to sell YOU on the job and SMILE. (One way to conceal the bared fangs reflex :> )
    Rita your sky pic is glorious! Sunrise or sunset? Santa alien light poles :laugh:
    Heather
    and Willow, back in the day I used to make 17 lbs of fruitcake every year for gifts. Mixed and baked Halloween weekend so it could cure/soak in rum or brandy for at least a month before sending. After at least a decade, I figured out that I was the only one who liked it (and got married so had less time) and quit. Store bought cakes never satisfied. Ordered an Assumption Abbey ($$) rum soaked cake this year. If I like it, great. If not, will revert to the favorite (but AF) Collins Street Bakery we used to get when I was a child.
    pip great pic! Somehow thought you and Kirby had been marathoning forever... ;)
    Pip, Lanette et al What makes a Smart TV Smart? Build in wi-fi? CPU? Storage? Thinking about getting Joe a new TV and would love to have one that lets us watch Amazon Prime. Might even try a NetFlix or Acorn subscription. We have cable and will keep for both internet and local news. Antenna TV simply does not work in our part of the Siskiyous.
    NYKaren watching people waiting for, or tearfully bidding farewell to loved ones in airport terminals are the things I miss most about the post 911 security protocols.
    Katla ditto on foggy beach walks, but lately it's either been clear or blustery. No matter, we can watch the fog creep in and out through our living room window. Especially cozy when the wood stove is lit ;) Sky is finally starting to lighten here... at 07:26. Come solstice, COME!
    Heather sorry but cannot share your obvious delight at the prospective cod, mushy peas and pickled egg :sick:. Might like the pickled onion ;)
    Kim "best gift" Brava. VERY well done!
    Karen in VA Thanks for the Fantastic Beasts recommendation. I've been wanting to try out our local movie house and it's playing there this week.
    Irish Terri Stunning watercolor! Beautiful.
    allarounddice con VERY gratulations!

#25: TMI
    The moment last night when the Dulcolax worked. Grateful for the medicine but concerned that after never having to use such, have needed twice in the past month. Will mention it to Dr. Dougie Hauser at next appt. Have adjusted my settings to focus on fiber :confounded:
    Lighter :wink: , lovelies!

Oops, time to meditate, exercise knees, and break fast with Oatmeal, qinoa and citrus ;) Want to play cleanup in the yard today, but need to vacuum (Joe seems to have fixed it dadgummit!) while he is at the dentist.

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    walk one more step 17/25, 60 g protein 19/25, rx/vits 18/25, meditate 20/25, knee exercises 21/25, SWSY UP 4/8, SWSY LOW 3/8, core 4/8, play with Tumble 10/25, hang up or purge art 0/4 AF 18/25.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,532 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Tumble, the table-hopping terrier, raided Joe's peanuts yesterday, but was unable to get the kernels out from the shells. Good thing we moved the candy dish. Wish his Momma had taught him to push the chair in when he gets up from table. [sigh]

Lisa good idea to think over the exit interview question, making sure your expectations of yourself are in line with your concerns and future goals, trying to eliminate any expectations of the interim CEO. I have a new appreciation for the meaning, and implications, of "small town". Tread wisely. And as you breathe out, think of that moment when you realized the new council was trying to sell YOU on the job and SMILE. (One way to conceal the bared fangs reflex :> )
    Rita your sky pic is glorious! Sunrise or sunset? Santa alien light poles :laugh:
    Heather
    and Willow, back in the day I used to make 17 lbs of fruitcake every year for gifts. Mixed and baked Halloween weekend so it could cure/soak in rum or brandy for at least a month before sending. After at least a decade, I figured out that I was the only one who liked it (and got married so had less time) and quit. Store bought cakes never satisfied. Ordered an Assumption Abbey ($$) rum soaked cake this year. If I like it, great. If not, will revert to the favorite (but AF) Collins Street Bakery we used to get when I was a child.
    pip great pic! Somehow thought you and Kirby had been marathoning forever... ;)
    Pip, Lanette et al What makes a Smart TV Smart? Build in wi-fi? CPU? Storage? Thinking about getting Joe a new TV and would love to have one that lets us watch Amazon Prime. Might even try a NetFlix or Acorn subscription. We have cable and will keep for both internet and local news. Antenna TV simply does not work in our part of the Siskiyous.
    NYKaren watching people waiting for, or tearfully bidding farewell to loved ones in airport terminals are the things I miss most about the post 911 security protocols.
    Katla ditto on foggy beach walks, but lately it's either been clear or blustery. No matter, we can watch the fog creep in and out through our living room window. Especially cozy when the wood stove is lit ;) Sky is finally starting to lighten here... at 07:26. Come solstice, COME!
    Heather sorry but cannot share your obvious delight at the prospective cod, mushy peas and pickled egg :sick:. Might like the pickled onion ;)
    Kim "best gift" Brava. VERY well done!
    Karen in VA Thanks for the Fantastic Beasts recommendation. I've been wanting to try out our local movie house and it's playing there this week.
    Irish Terri Stunning watercolor! Beautiful.
    allarounddice con VERY gratulations!

#25: TMI
    The moment last night when the Dulcolax worked. Grateful for the medicine but concerned that after never having to use such, have needed twice in the past month. Will mention it to Dr. Dougie Hauser at next appt. Have adjusted my settings to focus on fiber :confounded:
    Lighter :wink: , lovelies!

Oops, time to meditate, exercise knees, and break fast with Oatmeal, qinoa and citrus ;) Want to play cleanup in the yard today, but need to vacuum (Joe seems to have fixed it dadgummit!) while he is at the dentist.

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    walk one more step 17/25, 60 g protein 19/25, rx/vits 18/25, meditate 20/25, knee exercises 21/25, SWSY UP 4/8, SWSY LOW 3/8, core 4/8, play with Tumble 10/25, hang up or purge art 0/4 AF 18/25.

that was his first. we've been bicycle riding forever, i don't know where we got this wild hair up our butts to do the long distance running
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,484 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    since last night's iOS upgrade, my iphone hasn't been syncing mfp log. Powering off, b r e a t h e , power back on fixed Insight Timer too. ;)
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    since last night's iOS upgrade, my iphone hasn't been syncing mfp log. Powering off, b r e a t h e , power back on fixed Insight Timer too. ;)

Barbara - MFP logging was on the fritz yesterday on my PC as well. Actually, Saturday and Sunday. Took several tries to log anything and got snippy with me when I tried to change amounts/move to different meals.

Today, it's super slow and only part of the GUI is loading. Sigh.

I read somewhere the internet might be spotty and loggy, not sure if they are upgrading something or sunspots or what.

Lanette
    Rainy SW WA State
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,693 Member
    Options
    At work and all is quiet...as expected Mary not speaking to me. I guess that's a plus but felt I had to clear the air..hoping everyone enjoyed there Thanksgiving..that celebrates
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Karen in VA: You and your grand daughter are both quite the artist! :):)

Carol in GA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,532 Member
    Options
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Rebecca ~ Just lovely! :)

Kevrit ~ Beautiful sunset! <3
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    trucker743 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I got my hair cut today!
    Last time was maybe May 2017.
    M in Oz

Do you have someone you go to in Issaquah? …
    Willow in WA USA

I have always had good service and the senior discount helps. Mine is VERY thick and naturally curly. It’s also very prone to split ends. I go to Great Clips by Overlake Sears, by I’ve had good luck at all of them. I’ve never been to any in North Bend, though.

Sharon near Seattle
  • PressingPatience
    PressingPatience Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I got my hair cut today!
    Last time was maybe May 2017.
    M in Oz

Do you have someone you go to in Issaquah? …
    Willow in WA USA

I have always had good service and the senior discount helps. Mine is VERY thick and naturally curly. It’s also very prone to split ends. I go to Great Clips by Overlake Sears, by I’ve had good luck at all of them. I’ve never been to any in North Bend, though.

Sharon near Seattle

I'll check 'em out next time I want my hair cut -- which will be soon I think. ^_^ It's getting long. I'm thinking about dying it again too.
  • trucker743
    Options
    …Old Fat Cat…
    Willow in WA USA

Can’t decide if the hug should go to you or Old Fat Cat, so take one for each of you. Neither of my gals are old (3 & 7) but my Siamese sure FEELS like a chunk of lead when she lands mid-belly.

Sharon near Seattle
  • PressingPatience
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Heather and Willow, back in the day I used to make 17 lbs of fruitcake every year for gifts. Mixed and baked Halloween weekend so it could cure/soak in rum or brandy for at least a month before sending. After at least a decade, I figured out that I was the only one who liked it (and got married so had less time) and quit. Store bought cakes never satisfied. Ordered an Assumption Abbey ($$) rum soaked cake this year. If I like it, great. If not, will revert to the favorite (but AF) Collins Street Bakery we used to get when I was a child

I've only ever tried making it once, and it was awesome. I found the recipe online (I can't remember where, but it was a British website) after seeing an old recipe in a medical book from the 1800's (I collect those). Did you know that they used to feed fruit cake to invalids? Egg nog too? They weren't always considered holiday treats. But the 300 year old recipe was difficult to follow, so I found one online. It was way better than anything I've ever bought.

Willow in WA

• PressingPatience
    edited November 2018
    Options
    …Old Fat Cat…
    Willow in WA USA

Can’t decide if the hug should go to you or Old Fat Cat, so take one for each of you. Neither of my gals are old (3 & 7) but my Siamese sure FEELS like a chunk of lead when she lands mid-belly.

Sharon near Seattle

Ah, Mister (my old fat cat) is okay. He's been living the high life for a while now. When I got him almost nine years ago, he was a stray off the street, abandoned by some college kid who went home and left him behind I suppose (I lived in a college town in MS at that time). He weighed almost 25 pounds back then. Probably fed by well-meaning people who feed strays. Now he's a svelte 19 pounds and almost 12 years old. He's lived a good, long life. I'll miss him when he's gone, but I'm happy to have had him all these years. I'm assuming he feels the same. ^_^

And he sure does feel like he weighs 50 pounds when he lands on me. ^_- But I love him.

Willow in WA
  • trucker743
    Options
    I forgot to say “Hello and Welcome!” to Mary and Lissa.

Sharon near Seattle
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    vickiesending you strength and ((( <3<3<3 ))) for all that you are going through at work and worrying about sick friend on top of that. That is a lot to deal with, take it one step at a time and remember to be kind to yourself, don’t punish yourself <3<3

NYKAREN