December 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the lotion and face tips!!! I took screenshots so i wont lose the info! I have some oil of Olay but my dd took it. I'll look at the clinique. I don't think I've ever used it. I love nutrigena (sp) products, but found out the euclyptis (sp) uh cmon, im in bed already, tired got my soft and warm kitty. Not looking it up.... Euclyptis irritated my skin. I use the hotel lotion on my face but its even drier in the morning.

Dh is being nice. I think hes stoked for Hawaii. Or is batshit taper crazy with his first full Saturday. Anyway, he'll buy me expensive lotion :wink:
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Hey well I made it to work, and hoped I might go for a run when I got home but am way too tired. So took miss 4 for a walk, and managed 2k so I'm calling my December streek intact. Will see what happens this weekend, as hubby is out of town playing a tournament so not sure when/if I'll be able to get out.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo take care of yourself!
    I'll be doing exactly the same today, legs are still not feeling 100% after Sunday's run and this close to race day I'm not going to risk hurting myself so it's going to be gentle walk for me today instead of 6km run. Don't trust myself not to try and run either if I head outside, so it'll be gentle walk on the treadmill.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo take care of yourself!
    I'll be doing exactly the same today, legs are still not feeling 100% after Sunday's run and this close to race day I'm not going to risk hurting myself so it's going to be gentle walk for me today instead of 6km run. Don't trust myself not to try and run either if I head outside, so it'll be gentle walk on the treadmill.

Good plan. And stretch, stretch, stretch!
  • TimeToReduceFat
    TimeToReduceFat Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    90 Km for December starting from today (04.12.2018)
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    12/1 - run 9.1k
    12/2 - planned rest day
    12/3 - run 17k +weight machine
    12/4 - bike 41 minutes, run 8x400@5k pace+recovery

Biked to the track. Feeling good.

CYCLING/SWIMMING/OTHER:
    exercise.png

RUNNING:
    exercise.png
  • TimeToReduceFat
    Options
    Any tip for beginner runners? I desperately need to get fit. Just climbing up a floor makes me breathless. Never been this bad. :/
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    Any tip for beginner runners? I desperately need to get fit. Just climbing up a floor makes me breathless. Never been this bad. :/
    There are tons of expert runners on here that can help. I started with the Couch to 5K app and it was great. You can repeat weeks if it goes too fast. If I can do it, you can do it!

12/1 - 4 miles + transform app - upper body. RwRunStreak Day 10
    12/2 - 1 mile + 25 miles cycling #RwRunStreak Day 11
    12/3 - 1 Mile + transform App - legs #RwRunStreak Day 12
    12/4 - 5 miles #RwRunStreak Day 13

exercise.png
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options

Everyone starts somewhere!
    I am pretty new as well. I started with a C25k program and know several people who have done the same. The run sessions are short with longer walks between in the beginning. And if it is moving too quickly for you, just repeat a week. You may be surprised how quickly you improve!
    Also, doing this type of plan allowed my legs to adjust to running. Before, when I used to try to start running, I would push it too hard and end up with shin splints and sore knees. The run/walk cut that out.
    And get a good pair of shoes!
  • TimeToReduceFat
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I already walk. What should I take into account while selecting running shoes? I have one from Asics with gel cushion.
    What kind of a headset do you use while running? I need something that stays put while running. The one I tried keeps slipping off esp. since I wear spectacles. I desperately need one to start C25K to hear the commentary. I tried doing it a few times already.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I already walk. What should I take into account while selecting running shoes? I have one from Asics with gel cushion.
    What kind of a headset do you use while running? I need something that stays put while running. The one I tried keeps slipping off esp. since I wear spectacles. I desperately need one to start C25K to hear the commentary. I tried doing it a few times already.

Go to a good running store and get fitted for running shoes. There are lots of factors, many of which we can not determine on the forum for you.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

As for headphones I prefer the Plantronics Backbeat:

g8778onpw329.png

Like $60 on Amazon

They are fully water proof, and stay on my head. They are light and still let in some outside sounds (very important! You need to hear what is going on around you)

ETA: I wear sunglasses when I run, almost 100% of the time. They work well with these for me.