New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• lalee115
    lalee115 Posts: 185 Member
    Guys, you NEED to try Unico's Apollo Protein Powder. Sadly it's an online only company, but their protein powders are SO good. I ordered their sampler pack for $25 (that's with shipping) so I could try all eight flavors. So far I've tried the Cookies and Cream and the Vanilla Milkshake, and both are absolutely decadent and awesome. There's also Molten Lava Cake, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Banana Cream Pie, Cinnamon Roll, and Birthday Cake with Sprinkles in the box. Each packet has 1 scoop for 120 calories. Seriously, no chalky protein powder taste. It's like a sweet dessert. I combine with unsweetened vanilla almond milk. There's a reason people rave about them.

Did you feel satisfied/full after? I am intrigued by this. But I don't want to spend 200 calories on a drink that just doesn't do it for me. I have tried protein powder once before (milkshake) and hated the taste, but I am certain I just had a gross kind.
  • RoosterDJC
    RoosterDJC Posts: 93 Member
    Has anyone else trying the RX Bar nut butters? The vanilla almond butter is fantastic and its portioned in about 2 tablespoon packets. Perfect for me so I don't go crazy and have too many spoonfuls!
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    lalee115 wrote: »
    Guys, you NEED to try Unico's Apollo Protein Powder. Sadly it's an online only company, but their protein powders are SO good. I ordered their sampler pack for $25 (that's with shipping) so I could try all eight flavors. So far I've tried the Cookies and Cream and the Vanilla Milkshake, and both are absolutely decadent and awesome. There's also Molten Lava Cake, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Banana Cream Pie, Cinnamon Roll, and Birthday Cake with Sprinkles in the box. Each packet has 1 scoop for 120 calories. Seriously, no chalky protein powder taste. It's like a sweet dessert. I combine with unsweetened vanilla almond milk. There's a reason people rave about them.

Did you feel satisfied/full after? I am intrigued by this. But I don't want to spend 200 calories on a drink that just doesn't do it for me. I have tried protein powder once before (milkshake) and hated the taste, but I am certain I just had a gross kind.

No, I can honestly say I didn't, but drinks rarely fill me up. I used half the packet for 60 calories just to try. It had plenty of sweet flavor to jazz up the milk. I definitely wouldn't use as a meal replacement though.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    Finally found the So Delicious mousse!!! There’s two Walmart I’ve found where I’m at in Florida right now. The one has the Mango mousse (I HATE mango so I passed), and the second had Strawberry mousse (which I got).
    I was worried when I was dishing it out and saw pea protein in the ingredients... I hate that stuff with a passion. But, surprisingly, I can’t tell it’s there! I would’ve never guessed! They NAILED IT. It’a exactly what I imagine an ice cream version of mousse would be like; sweet, airy, but super creamy. I’m not a big fan of fruit flavored things because they are more tart like this one was, I was just really impatient to try it, but this gives me a lot of hope for the other sweeter, more indulgent dessert mousse flavors! DEFINITELY a repeat purchase!
    lgl103he4ozn.jpeg

I found the Chocolate Chip Mousse at Grocery Outlet a few weeks ago & just got around to eating it today! It really is So Delicious (pun intended)! I loved how airy it was & I was afraid at first that the coconut flavoring would take over the pint, but luckily I didn't notice it that much. I might have to check back to see if there's anymore left. Not sure what the price was supposed to be since they didn't have it marked & it didn't scan in the system so they gave me the price of $1.99 (it was right beside another pint of ice cream for that).

I paid $4.47 for the pint, you got such a good deal!!! If there's anymore left for that price get them all! Haha
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited December 2018
    azwfy8sox1rp.jpeg
    m70oabfa1yiv.jpeg
    2tjk9rtz4j0k.jpeg
    Wow these were FANTASTIC! Now this is a snickerdoodle. Really tasted like a super soft mom made snickerdoodle. 10000x better than Lenny and Larry, only 220 for the whole cookie and was a pretty good size. A little *kitten* than Lenny and Larry 2oz. Although they aren’t proteinncookies maybe that is why they are so good.

Chocolate chip was awesome too with huge chunks. Oatmeal raisin was delicious too. It was super soft and sweet and tasted like brown sugar.

I definitely will be having these instead of my usual Lenny and Larry for awhile.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited December 2018
    hgycta wrote: »
    Good news!
    1.) I finally got my account back!
    2.) Bang is releasing a new flavor! If anyone tries it please report back, I'm dying to know what flavor it is!!! I'm way too skeptical to buy it without a review in case it's something I strongly dislike such as ginger... not worth it!
    2wcoot36icg9.png

@hgycta the flavor is "Bangster Berry" - per Stack3d's announcement today
  • logiatype
    logiatype Posts: 110 Member
    Chocolate chip was awesome too with huge chunks. Oatmeal raisin was delicious too. It was super soft and sweet and tasted like brown sugar.

I definitely will be having these instead of my usual Lenny and Larry for awhile.

Kind of a commitment to order 3 boxes... Oh well.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited December 2018
    logiatype wrote: »

Kind of a commitment to order 3 boxes... Oh well.

I got them for free! I won them in a contest because I was the only one to enter, LOL, I guess they are pretty new.
  • Sallyw2004
    Sallyw2004 Posts: 124 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Pizza-Boxes-Plain.jpg

Very very filling which surprised me. Also crisped up nicely. I was set on eating the whole things with my usual toppings and a side salad. Truth be told, I could only finish half. But this has nothing to do with real pizza crust. Nothing at all.

Half of one of their veggie pizzas with a heap of my own cooked mushrooms and peppers piled on top (sometimes eggplant and/or spinach too) is a delicious meal. Not a substitute for traditional pizza, I agree, but very enjoyable in its own right.
    I really love Cali’flour crusts and prefer them over Caulipower. They are very different and super thin. The light variety are 180 calories for the entire crust. It takes a little care to get it to crisp up perfectly, but it’s worth the effort. They are a bit pricey, but I got some good deals on line during Black Friday and cyber week, and have a precious stockpile in my freezer.

• Sallyw2004
    This post is gonna be a Youtubers Made Me Buy It edition XD

I tried quite a few new things because I heard multiple weight conscious youtubers raving about them. Some were good; some were underwhelming.

1) Smart Sweets. These are a knock it out of the park find. I'm a total gummy lover. Back in the day I could easily polish off an entire bag of Welch's Fruit Snacks every day. Now that I know that's not exactly ideal, I went on the hunt for something calorie friendly and that would satisfy that sweet tooth. Enter Smart Sweets, a brand of gummies that are only 90 calories a pouch (and a good sized bag too!). There's the regular fruit bears, sour gummies, and a Swedish Fish knock-off. I actually loved the sour ones best, which is the one I thought I'd like least. They aren't too sour like Sour Patch Kids tend to be -- they're actually dusted in a light sour sugar. The Swedish Fish are my next favorite because they were a berry flavor and extremely soft. The fruit gummies were all right. I liked them well enough, but I kinda thought they just tasted like regular old gummy bears. Please seek these out at your local GNC or Whole Foods (or online). They make an awesome movie snack too! ;)

2) Quest Tortilla Chips in Nacho Cheese. A lighter and more airy Dorito. I like them but I'm not sure I'm crazy about them yet. I just tried it a few minutes ago, so maybe I need to eat more ;) I bought them to go with my turkey meat enchiladas tonight.

3) Built Bars. The 110 calorie protein bar, which is decidedly more candy bar to me. You can try a sampler pack of 6 bars for $3 right now with the YouTube codes floating around. They remind me of a more pillowy version of the creme-filled Whitman's chocolates. They're pretty tasty but definitely don't serve as a meal replacement. I eat them as a snack. My favorites so far were the Chocolate Raspberry and Chocolate Orange. The chocolate is definitely very nice, so if you're looking to satisfy that chocolate craving with an added protein bonus, try these. I think they have free shipping too.

4) Smart Cakes. God, these are all over the internet now. I drove to a bagel shop 20 minutes from me because their store locator said it was sold there, and to my knowledge it's only readily available online. Only 38 calories a cupcake. The shop only had cinnamon or chocolate to purchase, so I went with cinnamon since the chocolate didn't get great reviews. I was a little underwhelmed, honestly. It wasn't bad per se, but I felt like I ate some air. I wanted it to be a little more dense than it was. The taste was nice, though-- like a Drake's Coffee Cake. I still wanna try more. I have my eye on Coconut and Lemon.

Whew, that was lengthy. Sorry! Thanks for letting me talk about food!

I just got my sampler pack of Built Bars a few days ago and I think they are great as a snack. Thank you for recommending them! I already ordered one of the bigger variety packs. Chocolate orange wasn’t in my sampler, so I can’t wait to try it. I love marshmallowy things and chocolate, so these are my type of treat. The extra protein and the 110 calories are definitely an added bonus!

I also think that the smart sweets are great. They are super expensive, but I grab a few when they are on sale or if I have a reward points to spend at GNC.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    edited December 2018
    Glad you liked, @Sallyw2004 :) I had the orange but no lemon or vanilla. I'd like to try those at some point. I hear the lemon is quite good.
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    I've been eyeing the Aldi protein powder. I'm tempted to buy it and try it, but a voice in my head keeps telling me to stay away.
  • pooglecutie
    pooglecutie Posts: 22 Member
    In case anyone was curious about Walmart’s store brand oatmeal, I tried their birthday cake surprise flavor and it wasn’t nearly as sweet and dessert-y as I had expected. It tasted about as sweet as Quaker oatmeal. Nothing about it really tasted like birthday cake either, but it wasn’t bad, just not great. Looks horrible though xD
    7ond4o66p3he.jpeg
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Sallyw2004 wrote: »
    Pizza-Boxes-Plain.jpg

Very very filling which surprised me. Also crisped up nicely. I was set on eating the whole things with my usual toppings and a side salad. Truth be told, I could only finish half. But this has nothing to do with real pizza crust. Nothing at all.

Half of one of their veggie pizzas with a heap of my own cooked mushrooms and peppers piled on top (sometimes eggplant and/or spinach too) is a delicious meal. Not a substitute for traditional pizza, I agree, but very enjoyable in its own right.
    I really love Cali’flour crusts and prefer them over Caulipower. They are very different and super thin. The light variety are 180 calories for the entire crust. It takes a little care to get it to crisp up perfectly, but it’s worth the effort. They are a bit pricey, but I got some good deals on line during Black Friday and cyber week, and have a precious stockpile in my freezer.

I agree, I love Cali'flour crusts. I always keep a bunch on sale. I have also cut them up and made them into crackers. They also sell crackers now.
  • Sallyw2004
    lucys1225 wrote: »
    Sallyw2004 wrote: »
    Pizza-Boxes-Plain.jpg

I agree, I love Cali'flour crusts. I always keep a bunch on sale. I have also cut them up and made them into crackers. They also sell crackers now.

They sent me a sample of their cauliflower crackers and I was pretty disappointed. I had high expectations because I love their crusts so much.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    lalee115 wrote: »
    5oxfmc0jbx3t.jpg

Probably not new, but I'd never seen it before. I'm not a gigantic hummus person (typically crave it from time to time but can never ever finish off the container).

But this.

OMG.

I had to put it back in the fridge so I would leave it alone.

The ONLY thing that might make it better is if it was a little spicier. But it is hands down the best flavor I have ever tried.

i want this!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited December 2018
    azwfy8sox1rp.jpeg
    m70oabfa1yiv.jpeg
    2tjk9rtz4j0k.jpeg
    Wow these were FANTASTIC! Now this is a snickerdoodle. Really tasted like a super soft mom made snickerdoodle. 10000x better than Lenny and Larry, only 220 for the whole cookie and was a pretty good size. A little *kitten* than Lenny and Larry 2oz. Although they aren’t proteinncookies maybe that is why they are so good.

They have them for only 5 bucks a box today free shipping. I still wish cheaper though.. But thought I'd let you guys know in case anyone wanted to try. Use code COOKIEDAY. Whoever I get as secret santa may get some ;)

Also FYI whoppers only 1 cent today if you order through app. I am not a whopper fan, but thought maybe some of you have kids or know people who would want to do..."Burger King is running a "Whopper Detour" promotion where customers can get a Whopper for ONLY 1¢ when you order with the BK app at a McDonald's location. Here's what you'll need to do to take advantage of this HOT deal. Download the BK app. Drive within 600 feet of any McDonald's restaurant. Open the BK app and order a Whopper for 1¢ for pickup at a nearby participating Burger King restaurant. Drive to Burger King to pick up your 1¢ Whopper."
  • logiatype
    logiatype Posts: 110 Member

They have them for only 5 bucks a box today free shipping. I still wish cheaper though.. But thought I'd let you guys know in case anyone wanted to try. Use code COOKIEDAY. Whoever I get as secret santa may get some ;)

Also FYI whoppers only 1 cent today if you order through app. I am not a whopper fan, but thought maybe some of you have kids or know people who would want to do..."Burger King is running a "Whopper Detour" promotion where customers can get a Whopper for ONLY 1¢ when you order with the BK app at a McDonald's location. Here's what you'll need to do to take advantage of this HOT deal. Download the BK app. Drive within 600 feet of any McDonald's restaurant. Open the BK app and order a Whopper for 1¢ for pickup at a nearby participating Burger King restaurant. Drive to Burger King to pick up your 1¢ Whopper."

That feeling when you order too early :/