JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,340 Member
    Options

Unfortunately because im super dumb and made a foolish choice i felt so crappy about it i went on a little binge. And even though im not hungry theres a part of me that wants to keep eating because i feel so upset and crappy

I certainly understand that! Once I mess up or get upset, I want to eat nonstop. Tonight I decided to go ahead and have my after dinner snack since I have calories left. But I made a conscious decision to make oatmeal with 1/2 cup blueberries, sweetened with stevia instead of ice cream!

I like the feeling of meeting myself halfway! Lol!

P.S. You are NOT super dumb! We all make mistakes and we all make poor decisions sometimes. It’s part of growing and is just a part of life! Be kind to yourself and give yourself credit for the things you accomplished!!! I’m guessing if you look hard enough, you’ll find something you can feel good about! Xoxo. 😉

• Caseyloupuckett
    Caseyloupuckett Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options

Unfortunately because im super dumb and made a foolish choice i felt so crappy about it i went on a little binge. And even though im not hungry theres a part of me that wants to keep eating because i feel so upset and crappy

I certainly understand that! Once I mess up or get upset, I want to eat nonstop. Tonight I decided to go ahead and have my after dinner snack since I have calories left. But I made a conscious decision to make oatmeal with 1/2 cup blueberries, sweetened with stevia instead of ice cream!

I like the feeling of meeting myself halfway! Lol!

P.S. You are NOT super dumb! We all make mistakes and we all make poor decisions sometimes. It’s part of growing and is just a part of life! Be kind to yourself and give yourself credit for the things you accomplished!!! I’m guessing if you look hard enough, you’ll find something you can feel good about! Xoxo. 😉

You reply made me start to cry. This is a constant thing with me i react before i think. And then i have consequences to face. And this time its not getting something i really needed.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    So I wasn't going to bother posting today. Because I felt like yesterday wasn't my best day. And I was like what's the point. And then I remembered I want this to be a long term commitment. So I'm pushing forward.

8 hours or more of sleep ✔ this under sleeper got 10hrs and 19 minutes of sleep
    Gallon of water 50%
    No carbs i cheated at dinner and had Chinese food resulted in a .2 gain today
    Journal everything ✔
    Be kind to myself in some ways yes. Not neary as bad as o use to be
    Get in 7500 steps today ✔ 7900 steps

Jft
    8hrs of sleep
    Gallon of water
    Carbs okay today been plannong it for this day for weeks
    Journal everything
    10000 steps today
    Be kind to myself

I'm so glad you DID post today! I personally think it's the days that I was the naughtiest are the days I need to post the most, so I remind myself what I want to do different today. Doesn't mean I do anything different, but it is a daily reminder!

And I think it looks like you did GREAT! You actually accomplished 2/3 of your goals! That's fantastic! That 0.2 lb gain today is probably just sodium which will wash right out of your system today if you drink your water!

Good job!

Not super dumb!!! Ive been there girl! But you came here to regroup and tomorrow is a new day to try again! Dont say anything to yourself you wouldnt say to your best friend - this journey is hard and learning to forgive yourself is a tough but great lesson to learn. Chin up and big hugs!
  • Caseyloupuckett
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    So I wasn't going to bother posting today. Because I felt like yesterday wasn't my best day. And I was like what's the point. And then I remembered I want this to be a long term commitment. So I'm pushing forward.

8 hours or more of sleep ✔ this under sleeper got 10hrs and 19 minutes of sleep
    Gallon of water 50%
    No carbs i cheated at dinner and had Chinese food resulted in a .2 gain today
    Journal everything ✔
    Be kind to myself in some ways yes. Not neary as bad as o use to be
    Get in 7500 steps today ✔ 7900 steps

Jft
    8hrs of sleep
    Gallon of water
    Carbs okay today been plannong it for this day for weeks
    Journal everything
    10000 steps today
    Be kind to myself

I'm so glad you DID post today! I personally think it's the days that I was the naughtiest are the days I need to post the most, so I remind myself what I want to do different today. Doesn't mean I do anything different, but it is a daily reminder!

And I think it looks like you did GREAT! You actually accomplished 2/3 of your goals! That's fantastic! That 0.2 lb gain today is probably just sodium which will wash right out of your system today if you drink your water!

Good job!

Not super dumb!!! Ive been there girl! But you came here to regroup and tomorrow is a new day to try again! Dont say anything to yourself you wouldnt say to your best friend - this journey is hard and learning to forgive yourself is a tough but great lesson to learn. Chin up and big hugs!

Lol you sound like a good friend of mine when i first got injured and was still trying to do everything i normally did and pushing myself way too far. She asked me if one of us was trying to do what your doing wpuld that be okay. I was like absolutely not. She then made me go sit down and rest.

If someone I care about was saying the hurtful things im saying about themselves I wouldnt like it one bit and I'd make sure they knew how valuable they were. Just difficult when it's myself.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    @Caseyloupuckett you are not dumb at all! And I've been there too, mess up a bit and you think well it's already messed up so it doesn't matter now, that's the easy thing.
    But it DOES.
    I used to do it too, until one day, I was determined to be within my calories and so I exercised. But if I had binged, there was no wya I could of even got close to the calorie goal.

I mess up frequently, but instead of spiralling, I think, well how can I fix this?
    And I can't always manage it but it's better being 50 calories over than 200!

Give yourself some credit, this journey is not straightforward, it's going to have ups and downs, so go with it, stop pulling the emergency break and just go with it! It's going to be up and down,, so etines it will be easy and sometimes it willbe really awful.

But today you faced your challenge head on, and didn't let your feelings win.
    You were not motivated today, you were determined.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,340 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 Isn't it about 4:00 a.m. your time? You should be sleeping! Don't make me come over there, missy! :wink: (((HUGS)))
  • Caseyloupuckett
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    @Caseyloupuckett you are not dumb at all! And I've been there too, mess up a bit and you think well it's already messed up so it doesn't matter now, that's the easy thing.
    But it DOES.
    I used to do it too, until one day, I was determined to be within my calories and so I exercised. But if I had binged, there was no wya I could of even got close to the calorie goal.

I mess up frequently, but instead of spiralling, I think, well how can I fix this?
    And I can't always manage it but it's better being 50 calories over than 200!

Give yourself some credit, this journey is not straightforward, it's going to have ups and downs, so go with it, stop pulling the emergency break and just go with it! It's going to be up and down,, so etines it will be easy and sometimes it willbe really awful.

But today you faced your challenge head on, and didn't let your feelings win.
    You were not motivated today, you were determined.

Im actually not as mad about the binge as i am letting an opportunity that i really needed pass me by.

Thats relatively easy to get over. But the opportunity to have sundays at work off I blew it for the time being and now I may have to wait until February to get another chance to put in a bid and then we will see.

My lifestyle will continue. It may be slightly effected today but it will continue.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Wow so busy yesterday. @mytime6630 would be so proud!

@Toaljasa - Welcome back, I've been thinking of you. Sorry for your son's loss, it is so difficult to deal with over and over. That video really resonated with me today when I watched it.

@AJB1014 - Sorry to hear about hubby's work dilemma. I understand fully how you feel about having to hold it together. My husband has been out of work more often than not since 2009, the economy here in Alberta has just never seemed to pick up consistently since that time. This winter will be a challenge as we will both be out of work at the same time. I feel for you you about holding back tears at work, I have had too many of those days at my last job.

@Faebert - "Pants Day" I haven't heard that expression before, do you know the origin of it? I love hearing how old sayings and wives tales started.

@Bex953172 - I have been so impressed with the Grands, they haven't touched the tree really since they helped put it up. I don't know if it's hubby or me, but we have never had children in our house that touched things they weren't supposed to. We did have one friend who has a son one year older than our Grandson, she talked to her kids in the most annoying way. "Now Starshine, you know you shouldn't touch that. I'll just move it out of your way" No discipline to speak of. One day they were visiting and the son at age 18 months or so, was putting rocks from one of my decorations on food trays set out for snacking. She didn't seem to want to do anything about it, so I put the decoration at the top of my china cabinet and sat him down from the table. I turned around to do something and turned back around and he had climbed onto a chair, up onto the table, to the bottom part of my china cabinet and was trying to reach the top! They have not been invited to my house since. I just couldn't handle it! Do you have candy hanging on the tree? You have piqued my curiosity.

@jeschepp - Good for making a dent in your Christmas shopping. I have my Grands almost completed, I need one outfit for Jonah and a toy for Michaela. I have my youngest daughter's main gift bought but that's it. I need to get at it. I have decided I am not sending to my brother and his family this year or to my Sister in Law and her family. I think they will all have to understand that I just can't afford it. I am going to buy a nice card for my In Laws and for my Mom with some pictures of the grands printed off in them. I will probably do that at lunch time today. Hubby has finally given me an idea of what he wants, now I just need to research it.

@slittlemeister - Good job on figuring out you just felt like eating and ignoring it! I struggle with that one every single evening!

@PackerFanInGB - So sorry to hear you are suffering from a concussion! They are terrible to deal with. Hopefully you start feeling better soon and can enjoy the season and your walks. I hope your work issues resolve themselves soon.

@cschmitz110515 - Snowshoeing at lunch! What a great idea, I haven't been on snowshoes since I was a kid and used to go all the time with my Grandfather. Thanks for the memory!

@Caseyloupuckett - Good for you for posting on a bad day. I post the good, the bad and the really bad because it keeps me accountable. After a few days of bad, it reminds me I am giving into poor habits again.

@snowflake1968 ‘pants day’ is not really an expression. In the UK pants is underwear, but also just a non-sweary, slightly funny way of describing something as negative, like ‘rubbish’. So it was just basically a bad day! X
  • Faebert
    Options
    So many posts on here and so many people working really hard (and maybe being a little tough on themselves). Totally agree with everyone who has said this is about progress and accountability, not perfection. How boring and pointless (and unrealistic!) would this place be if we just had lists of ticks and smiley faces every day? ;)

With that said, I have definitely been less than perfect the last few days! Yesterday evening I went out for tapas as a birthday celebration with colleagues. Didn’t track any of the deliciousness and this morning I am giving myself a stern talking to for worrying about it. Yes, this birthday week has seen a lot of indulgence but a) it’s one week and any gains can be lost again and b) I’ve stayed on track with some exercise every day which is something to be proud of in these cold dark days. I haven’t given up!

I’m tempted to weigh in this morning to ascertain the damage but it was a super salty meal and I am guessing the number will upset me! So I’ve tried on my smallest shorts (still fit) and measured my waist and found hardly any difference and that will do for now!

Thursday goals recap
    - morning workout ✅
    - Early to school to prep for school trip ✅
    - Remember lunch ✅
    - Dinner out with colleagues ✅
    - Bed by 11. ✅

Friday goals
    - morning workout
    - Sort reading road map on arrival at school
    - Run home lunchtime for car - collect deliveries
    - Planning time - call watch store and sort sleepover for P
    - Health food store after work
    - Home to decorate tree with the kids!
    - Early night

Happy Friday everyone x
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,212 Member
    Options
    SO my goals again are simple .... back to the basics!
    1. concentrate on water water water!! Remember how good I feel when I drink water. :/ WHY is water so hard for me to remember to do!!
    2. remember food is not the answer. rest. call a friend. sew. listen to a calm app. Do anything besides eating :/ Not the best day. Let myself get too hungry, and in the grocery store bought one of those yummy hostess cupcakes .. ate both of them. I have not even logged my food today, but I know I am over. Another day tomorrow.
    3. work on tote bags -- 3 more to go :) ONE more to go... but then decided to make one for my daughter and a friend, so now I have 3 more to go!
    4. help hubby. Work has been crazy busy. Be kind. He is also stressed out. :)
    5. plan meals ... makes it easier when the meals are known ahead of time. Time to find those crock pot meals :/
    6. read beck diet solution :/
    7. listen to podcast :/

Just way too busy today, and now it is 11:30 pm, so going to try and catch up on the posts here, then go to bed. Our daughter was out today, but she read in her room, while I sewed. So a very quiet, uneventful evening. :)

Goals, JFT, Friday
    1. dinner with a friend ... make wise choices
    2. concentrate on water!!! NEED to get those 8 glasses in. sip on water in the evening
    3. no wine with dinner. Save the $$, and also the calories. I will have just as much fun without the wine
    4. help hubby ... been swamped at work
    5. work on one more tote bag
    6. listen to podcast
    7. read and follow beck diet book
    8. get back on here . be accountable.
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    So many posts I want to respond to, but it is super late here and I'm pretty beat. Just know I'm thinking of you all and hoping everyone has a better/great Friday. Take care of yourselves.

Check in (Thursday):
    Up with the alarm :( but was super tired!
    To work on time :(
    Drink 80 oz. of water ✅
    Work out 30 minutes :( but also super sore from previous workout, so good I had a laid-back day
    Follow the Mayo Clinic Diet 2-week plan (DAY 11, 3 to go!) ✅
    Track and post here ✅

For Tomorrow (Friday):
    Up with alarm
    To work on time
    Drink 80 oz. of water
    Work out 30 minutes
    Follow the Mayo Clinic Diet 2-week plan (DAY 12, 2 to go!)
    Track and post here
  • Faebert
    Options
    besf1984 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

I love the support you all give each other on here. It's wonderful to see. I pray for all those who are going through difficult times and I hope you find peace to get through it all. Life is difficult but maybe being part of a community will slightly help make things easier.

I may not be going through anything difficult, but I'm definitely always stressed out. I am a wife, mom to a 2-year-old boy, engineer and grad student. Lately, it's been rough trying to see the point in life and try to get the motivation to lose weight. I've been using MyFitnessPal for a few years now but I've always been on and off, up and down with my weight. I've been on diets my whole life since I was 10 years old, always had trouble. Even when I was in college and lost tons of weight, I still thought of myself as fat and didn't realize that I was finally at a normal weight for myself. My family always told me I was fat and so, that's what I thought I was no matter how much weight I lost. And then again when I first got married, I was at a normal weight but thought I was too fat! Looking back, I can't believe I thought that way about myself. 2 years ago, I had my son and after all was said and done, I still can't get the last 30 pounds off because my mindset has completely changed; I've probably gained even more weight now, I don;t even want to look at the scale. I can't find the motivation to lose the weight. I don't see why I should. What's the point of all this? I've been searching online and I think I am finally able to see why I want or need to lose weight. I also don't have a support group around me. My family always judges and tells me I should do it this way or that way. Even when I lose a little bit of weight and my family can finally see a little change, they say, "Oh, it kind of looks like you lost weight?" More of a question than motivation and support. I really get no empathy or help from anyone, just judging, so it's difficult. Now that I have finally found my 'why' and found this support group, I am hoping that this will be it and I will finally lose the weight. I know I can do it, I just lose my motivation after a few weeks and wonder why I'm going through all this hard work. This time, I have written down my motivations and next time I can't think of why I am trying to lose weight, I will read my reasons.

My goals right now are:
    - Track my food everyday... I really love MyFItnessPal
    - Start exercising at least Monday through Thursday afternoons
    - Wear my Fitbit to track my burned calories
    - Drink at least 3 liters of water everyday
    - Make sure to eat my 3 meals because I usually skip dinner completely and then I'm starving and I binge on junk food

Thanks for reading everyone and I hope you enjoy your weekend!

@besf1984 welcome! This is a wonderful group and you will definitely get the support here that you might be missing at home. Your post spoke to me as I can relate to how skewed our opinions can be of ourselves and how a negative mindset can set us back. I believe you can do it and you totally deserve to be the healthiest, happiest you! Good luck x
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a good day - found out I have a job interview next week! I'm super excited. :) The timing isn't great as it's the day after my company Christmas party, which will probably reduce the fun of that as it'll mean I can't drink very much and will probably need to leave quite early... But hey, that will help with the diet!

I also had an excellent NSV yesterday. One of the beck diet solution challenges is to deliberately take more food than you intend to eat, and leave some and not eat it. The thought is quite intimidating for me, I hate leaving food. But I smashed it! We had free food available at a two hour workshop I was at yesterday. For a start, I totally ignored the chips and cake and just took sandwiches. But then I managed to leave one of the sandwiches on my plate and not eat it for about an hour! (The plates were then cleared).

Pretty chuffed with that. Need to practice that skill until it becomes super easy. I've noticed that amongst my slim friends, several them eat plenty of high calorie foods but they just stop eating when they're dull and as a result they don't gain weight. I would love to be like that.

Anyways, yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :neutral: Had a bit more beer than intended and two small yoghurts
    - 3+ bottles water :/
    - Savour every bite :smile:
    - No eating whilst standing :/ I had a slice of ham out of the fridge. I didn't need that...
    - Give myself credit! :smile:
    - Differentiate between hunger, desire and craving :neutral: Didn't really come up
    - 2+ of French podcast, article, book :/ just the podcast
    - Read Beck Diet Solution :smile:
    - Gratitude journal :/ forgot again!!!

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - 3+ bottles water

- Savour every bite
    - No eating whilst standing
    - Give myself credit!
    - Differentiate between hunger, desire and craving
    - Read Beck Diet Solution

Current calorie balance: 1000 in the red - need to do some exercise this weekend!!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Okay so yesterday was good.
    But last night I came downstairs to get some crackers and cheese for me and my partner.
    So I brought up like 10 crackers, (5ea) and instead of slicing the cheese and weighing it I just took the block upstairs!
    So I had 5, no idea what the cheese weighed (but they're calorie dense anyway) and then my partner decided he didn't want his and I ate his too!
    I nearly ate a whole block of cheese.
    So I dread to even thnk how much I was over lol!
    Won't be doing that again!
  • Bex953172
    Options

Strive for progress, not perfection.

So with this in mind here are my goals
    (Thurs)
    - 8 glasses of water (or more than 4) ✔️
    - Be in the green❎❎❎
    - Exercise (a short one is better than nothing)❎
    - Tidy up! (finish off from yesterday) ✔️

I had 6 cups of water last night so beat yesterday's amount! I was not in the green at all (see previous post), I didn't exercise vecuase I was too damn tired. But finished the cleaning.

JFT Friday
    - 8 glasses of water (or more than 6)
    - Be in the green
    - Exercise
    - Finish the laundry
    - No cheese today.
  • Caseyloupuckett
    Options
    besf1984 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

I love the support you all give each other on here. It's wonderful to see. I pray for all those who are going through difficult times and I hope you find peace to get through it all. Life is difficult but maybe being part of a community will slightly help make things easier.

I may not be going through anything difficult, but I'm definitely always stressed out. I am a wife, mom to a 2-year-old boy, engineer and grad student. Lately, it's been rough trying to see the point in life and try to get the motivation to lose weight. I've been using MyFitnessPal for a few years now but I've always been on and off, up and down with my weight. I've been on diets my whole life since I was 10 years old, always had trouble. Even when I was in college and lost tons of weight, I still thought of myself as fat and didn't realize that I was finally at a normal weight for myself. My family always told me I was fat and so, that's what I thought I was no matter how much weight I lost. And then again when I first got married, I was at a normal weight but thought I was too fat! Looking back, I can't believe I thought that way about myself. 2 years ago, I had my son and after all was said and done, I still can't get the last 30 pounds off because my mindset has completely changed; I've probably gained even more weight now, I don;t even want to look at the scale. I can't find the motivation to lose the weight. I don't see why I should. What's the point of all this? I've been searching online and I think I am finally able to see why I want or need to lose weight. I also don't have a support group around me. My family always judges and tells me I should do it this way or that way. Even when I lose a little bit of weight and my family can finally see a little change, they say, "Oh, it kind of looks like you lost weight?" More of a question than motivation and support. I really get no empathy or help from anyone, just judging, so it's difficult. Now that I have finally found my 'why' and found this support group, I am hoping that this will be it and I will finally lose the weight. I know I can do it, I just lose my motivation after a few weeks and wonder why I'm going through all this hard work. This time, I have written down my motivations and next time I can't think of why I am trying to lose weight, I will read my reasons.

My goals right now are:
    - Track my food everyday... I really love MyFItnessPal
    - Start exercising at least Monday through Thursday afternoons
    - Wear my Fitbit to track my burned calories
    - Drink at least 3 liters of water everyday
    - Make sure to eat my 3 meals because I usually skip dinner completely and then I'm starving and I binge on junk food

Thanks for reading everyone and I hope you enjoy your weekend!

You can do this! You got this girl!
  • Caseyloupuckett
    Options
    8hrs of sleep 😣 just over 6 hrs
    Gallon of water 😣 25%
    Carbs okay today been planning it for this day for weeks 😣 i went on a binge and paid for it not planned
    Journal everything ✔
    10000 steps today 😣 3098
    Be kind to myself 😣 no i was very harsh with myself yesterday

Jft
    8hrs of sleep
    Gallon of water
    No carbs
    Journal everything
    5000 steps
    Be kind to myself
    Yesterday is done I'm moving on
  • Ironlady70
    Ironlady70 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Just for today I will try to love at least a little part of me.
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options

First, you are definitely not dumb! <<HUGS>>

Second, I can sooooo relate because I also had a bad eating day yesterday. I was anxious about something concerning one of my boys, I wasn't able to get to the gym, and I just ended up eating everything in sight. Luckily, for all of us, each day is a new chance to learn and improve. I'm now going to do my "JFT" post because it's A-Okay that yesterday will show mostly frowny faces.