• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,992 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    I found photos of my cousin and her husband on the race FB page
    mdgogjnoelg3.jpg
    43bmh5es60z1.jpg
    a43u9x55dkmv.jpg

I forgot to mention, in addition to being legally blind, she's a USAF vet and a great artist. Her are is frequently shown in the local galleries.

@7lenny7 Wow! That is so awesome! Thanks for sharing!

@HonuNui Happy Birthday!
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    Gotta say, wasn't looking forward to today's long run after feeling really sick yesterday with head and stomach ache. But woke up feeling ok. The run felt good from the start, just eased into it. Plan called for 19 miles, but the weather was so nice, and didn't know if it would be like this in two weeks after my cutback week, so just pushed it to 20. It wasn't too hard, but hard to imagine going for another hour!

exercise.png

Great job getting in 20 miles, @Scott6255! If you can do 20 miles without it being too hard, you can for sure go the distance for your marathon. It really is hard to imagine until you just do it. :)
  • Charlene____
    Charlene____ Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much @PastorVincent! When I add in a fourth run per week, I think I'll make that one a tempo run. My goal is mostly to be able to run farther, but, at some point, that's also going to require that I run faster. There are only so many hours in the week. Lol. There's a 10-mile race in my hometown in June that I'd like to do; I have no illusions that I'll win my age group in that, but it would be nice not to be last for a change!

Huge hugs to you, @Charlene____.

Thank you.

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Hugs, @Charlene____ and @sarahthes and @amirahdaboss

Yay for achieving your goals, @polskagirl01 !!

You've done well in December, @Tramboman !

Great run, @Scott6255 A taper will sort out the the last 6 miles!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 I love that artwork! Wow, great photos of them running in Antarctica, too! Thanks for showing us that, and telling us about them.

It's so nice to hear about your walking.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Haven't paid much attention to my calories and had to skip a few runs as a result of very sore hips and lower back. First it was on the right side, now it's on the left, but not nearly as bad. Same spot on both sides. And my father was just diagnosed with stage 3 cancer and will begin chemo the first week of January. As a result I feel very anxious and my runs have bene harder as a result of constant nausea. But after his consultation yesterday, I feel a bit better and have arranged to see him for 11 days in January. My Christmas has already been celebrated so I feel like I can get back on the horse with eating a bit better and not having to take any extra rest days for my hip. I'm a bit behind in my mileage as a result. I'm struggling with keeping pace on my pace runs so I'm not going to increase my distance this week. I have been able to run the 15K distance that is my next race for two weeks in a row now. If I don't PR the race in Feb, well there are a million more important things going on right now. I hope everyone has a wonderful week. I'll be working all week. I'm sorry I haven't posted in a few weeks.

I am very sorry to hear about your father. :( Do not worry about missing posts you need to take care of your self and your family. Feel free to come here and complain.