Is this guy just super friendly or is he asking me out?

Replies

• RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    breefoshee wrote: »
    Update #3 for those still hanging on lol:
    He invited my Chinese friend and her husband and me to dinner tomorrow night... and no one else. When he invited me, he made it sound like it was a group... then when I asked how many people would be there he just said it was a small group.

When I talked to my friend she said she asked him the same question and he said it would only be us. So.... this is a non-double date...

Just friends guys... just remember he is just a friend.

Soooo it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, looks like a duck... but it's not a duck?

That’s a decoy duck.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Awesome thread.

I'm with you on the over-analyzing part... but my best friends have always been guys too. I LOVE guy friends. So if he keeps inviting you to things and you want to go, just go! And enjoy his company... there's nothing wrong with that either way. But definitely mention that you're not into big crowds (I totally hear you there).

About feelings etc.. it's always been very clear to me when I was into someone, so I guess I can't really help you there. See how you react when you're close to each other or touch his hand by mistake etc... those are big tells. If you indeed feel something, I'd say, definitely flirt, or mention casually how much you enjoy going out with him (easy to sneak in the 'I don't like crowds but I like you' speech).

I'll be looking forward to the update.
  • HappilyDistracted
    HappilyDistracted Posts: 1,700 Member
    For one dollar less than a million dollars I will also ask him out for you.
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    My husband was so much like this guy...Yes!!! Husband of 32 years.
    We spent 6 months on a big ol' merry-go-round. I had enough so one night, I leaned in and kissed him when it was time to leave. It was long enough. He, in the end told me that he was so scared to ask me because he had been rejected before and it scarred him.
    imo...Friends first makes the best relationships.
    Best of luck, but if I were you, I would make a move or make it 100% clear you just want to be friends. It is only fair to him.

Pamela Anderson hasn't been married for 32 years.....
  • RhiAnLewis17
    RhiAnLewis17 Posts: 2,299 Member
    Update #3 for those still hanging on lol:
    He invited my Chinese friend and her husband and me to dinner tomorrow night... and no one else. When he invited me, he made it sound like it was a group... then when I asked how many people would be there he just said it was a small group.

When I talked to my friend she said she asked him the same question and he said it would only be us. So.... this is a non-double date...

Just friends guys... just remember he is just a friend.

Were all of the other people in the group coupled up?

You need to update us here, I'm really invested in this story now :smile:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Yes we need an update!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Yes we need an update!

*shrug

She's probably a lil' tied up right now.....

Elaborate Destination Weddings don't plan themselves, you know?
  • breefoshee
    breefoshee Posts: 398 Member
    Okay.... Update:
    So Friday, it was just me, "Pete", and my chinese friend and her husband. (Only continuing to call her "chinese" friend for consistency-- he went to China and wanted to chat with someone from China)

So... I didn't feel like the dinner was in anyway about me and him, really. He talked about his trip to China and showed us some pictures. Pete is also Asian and so a lot of the conversation was about the cultural differences Asians face coming to the US. It was fun, lighthearted and serious at some points.... but never romantic.

There wasn't even a moment of sparkly eyes between us or a time where we reached for the same spring roll and accidentally had a moment. No spark... nothing... just a guy and a girl hanging out with a husband and a wife.

I left feeling more friendly towards him than romantic. I'm wondering now if I didn't build up my feelings for him while he was away, only to be met with reality when we were together. We were definitely friends and laughing it up.... but... no real moments. And no follow up call or anything like that.

I did finally tell him that I hate big crowds and he was like "Hey, thats why you never come to anything I invite you to!" So.... I'll update if anything more comes about. But for now it seems pretty fizzled--- if there ever was anything to be fizzled in the first place.
  • Motorsheen
    Okay.... Update:
    So Friday, it was just me, "Pete", and my chinese friend and her husband. (Only continuing to call her "chinese" friend for consistency-- he went to China and wanted to chat with someone from China)

So... I didn't feel like the dinner was in anyway about me and him, really. He talked about his trip to China and showed us some pictures. Pete is also Asian and so a lot of the conversation was about the cultural differences Asians face coming to the US. It was fun, lighthearted and serious at some points.... but never romantic.

There wasn't even a moment of sparkly eyes between us or a time where we reached for the same spring roll and accidentally had a moment. No spark... nothing... just a guy and a girl hanging out with a husband and a wife.

I left feeling more friendly towards him than romantic. I'm wondering now if I didn't build up my feelings for him while he was away, only to be met with reality when we were together. We were definitely friends and laughing it up.... but... no real moments. And no follow up call or anything like that.

I did finally tell him that I hate big crowds and he was like "Hey, thats why you never come to anything I invite you to!" So.... I'll update if anything more comes about. But for now it seems pretty fizzled--- if there ever was anything to be fizzled in the first place.

so....

the elaborate destination wedding is now on 'hold'.

dang.
  • RhiAnLewis17
    RhiAnLewis17 Posts: 2,299 Member
    But maybe it fizzled because he didn't feel like you were into him.

Just giggle at him, that will turn the tide.
  • HappilyDistracted
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Okay.... Update:

so....

dang.

We can always start planning one for her anyways - it's never too early to start, right??

@breefoshee I hope you find your someone whether "Pete" or otherwise
  • Motorsheen
    Okay.... Update:

so....

dang.

We can always start planning one for her anyways - it's never too early to start, right??

@HappilyDistracted

I like it!

... any destinations in mind ?

• HappilyDistracted
    Okay.... Update:

so....

dang.

@HappilyDistracted

I like it!

Somewhere tropical and fancy?
    I hear the Carribbeans are nice.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Will we ever know the end? Please dont be a cliff hanger...text him tonight!?
  • Motorsheen
    Okay.... Update:

so....

dang.

@HappilyDistracted

I like it!

Somewhere tropical and fancy?
    I hear the Carribbeans are nice.

Somalia has beaches too.

.... just sayin'
  • Motorsheen
    Will we ever know the end? Please dont be a cliff hanger... drunk text him tonight!?

• competeagain4x
    competeagain4x Posts: 167 Member
    So no humping? Hmmmm...
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Will we ever know the end? Please dont be a cliff hanger... drunk text him tonight!?

Oops. Lol. I guess there was an ending.