What was the last meal you cooked?

Options

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,608 Member
    Options
    Boxing day guest arriving for dinner in an hour and everything is under control for a pretty easy dinner. Roast beef, duck fat roast potatoes, charred hispi cabbage, bearnaise sauce. A creme caramel made in advance.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Leftover holiday roast chicken and leftover mashed sweet potatoes topped with fresh sauteed mixed veg, plus side salad (not shown). So "cook last" is the sauteed veg.

s14bkxfdkmbv.jpg
  • acpgee
    Options
    I made last night's starter. Was gifted lomos de bonito (a salt cured wet tuna loin from Spain), a new ingredient for me. Sliced tomato, slivers of lomos de bonito, toasted almond flakes, a drizzle of olive oil.
  • bigbandjohn
    bigbandjohn Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Sauerbraten with Red Cabbage, Green beans, applesauce, and spaetzle. All homemade.
  • abbynormalartist
    abbynormalartist Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Pork and sauerkraut for dinner last night. Easy and delicious.
  • LighterBites
    LighterBites Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Today a large dish of Escalivada (Spanish slow roasted vegetables). Rainbow of colors and so beautiful to look at. Will be veggie side for the next few days. Dinner tonight is lightened up Chicken and Broccoli Casserole. Winter storm moving in with single digits on the way. Seeking comfort food to warm the bones.
  • acpgee
    Options
    I got some hostess gifts of Spanish goodies over Christmas. Tonight will do spaghetti with grated mojama. Similar to this recipe for pasta with bottarga. Will have that with some sauteed hispi cabbage on the side and maybe roast tomatoes.
    https://www.ft.com/content/bf5fb834-8ceb-11e3-ad57-00144feab7de
  • 4mykidsnme
    4mykidsnme Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I made a carnita soup delicious!! Lowfat !
  • LighterBites
    LighterBites Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Prepped my breakfasts for the week - scrambled egg, turkey sausage, roasted sweet potato
    Prepped my lunches for the week - ground turkey taco salads with all the fixings
    Dinner - meatloaf with mushroom sauce, fresh green beans, roasted sweet potato
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Shoyu ramen with duck fat and chicken thigh

yfex7fuu2g0l.jpg

Broth was made two days ago with the leftover duck carcass from earlier this week, some turkey and chicken bones, and a lot of chicken feet (next time I will probably use about half a pound more of said feet).
    Dashi was started two days ago (I did the cold steeping method)
    Tare: today
    The duck fat was from the duck that gave me the carcass and then I roasted some chicken thighs this evening as well (the bones and fat of which when into the broth prior flesh being cooked this evening).
    The noodles are the only thing that I didn't make (well and I didn't prepare the nori...). They are from a small local company and are actually pretty good. I also have Sun ramen noodles in the freezer that I bought after buying the fresh refrigerated noodles that are in this.

Things to change:
    Use a whole chicken carcass
    Use 2lbs of chicken feet
    Maybe a 1.5tsp more tare in the bowl
  • laurenq1991
    laurenq1991 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I had some kale and celery I had to use up before it went bad, so I made a soup with red lentils, red potatoes, carrots, celery, kale leaves and stems, black pepper, and dried thyme.
  • bisonpitcher
    bisonpitcher Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Scrambled egg whites smothered in jalapeno cheese.
  • kbrunner2
    kbrunner2 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    No pics but grilled pork medallions, roasted cauliflower, sauteed mushrooms, and green beans
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    Chicken vegetable soup
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    v17fj6iql99x.jpeg
  • atheistred89
    atheistred89 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Sauerbraten with Red Cabbage, Green beans, applesauce, and spaetzle. All homemade.

I made Sauerbraten for the first time over Christmas myself. With red cabbage and mashed potatoes. Also had carrots and onions cooked up with the roast (which my husband said wasn't authentic but oh well, tasted good to me lol).

Yesterday's dinner was healthy request cream of mushroom chicken in the Crock-Pot with a container of baby bella mushrooms. Small boiled potato and a steamed veggie on the side.
  • acpgee
    Options
    Dutch dinner tonight. I got a hostess gift of lomos de bonito, a wet salt cured tuna loin from Spain. We decided it tasted a lot like dutch salt herring and made a traditional herring salad with it tonight. Last night a girlfriend showed me a great hack for dutch bitter ballen. That's a croquette made with balls of cold congealed veal stew, rolled in flour, egg, bread crumbs and deep fried. She used a chilled tin of commercial stew which gave a texture that was a litte soft and hard to work with and cooked in the air fryer. I have done the same but started with roux made 75g each of flour and butter where I stirred a tin of beef soup. Maybe next time I will add gelatine because the traditional recipes specify stew made with a lot of gelatinous bones.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Ringing in the new year:

(a) What better way to greet the new year with a retro-style cheese fondue platter to watch the celebration?
    (b) "Soup Season" continues, this time with a red cabbage/carrot/lentil soup, all vegetarian other than chicken stock, to chase away the cheese indulgence of New Year's Eve. Two pics: (1) prepped and starting to cook (60 minutes) and (2) done. As an alternate serving, we also topped a bowl of this stewy hearty soup with a couple of last evenings turkey meatballs from the fondue table.

jlo1kyxj0vx2.jpg

732pw7kgbou0.jpg

1hy78kwhdrb4.jpg

Happy New Year, everyone!

• skillettosser
    skillettosser Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Chicken rice soup with cabbage - it had onions and garlic and carrots too. I’m fighting a bad cold and it’s just the ticket. So yummy!