JUST GIVE ME 10 DAYS ~ ROUND 64

Options

Replies

• Monklady123
    Monklady123 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Birder165 wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me how to edit my original post? I don't see anywhere to click to do that. Obviously there has to be a way since we need to update our progress but I don't seem to have an edit button.

We can only edit our posts for an hour after posting on MFP.

I just copy & paste my original post in to the comment box and edit my stats from there. Others save their posts in a document and edit that way.

So in order to update every day I'd have to just start a new post? every day? Which would mean that every person participating would have multiple posts? I mean, I see some people have already put in info for January 3rd and that's what I don't understand how to do since I can't edit my original post.

I know I'm dumb with this sort of stuff... I'm not used to a message board where you can't continue to edit your original posts.
  • taxgirl1
    taxgirl1 Posts: 1,287 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    @Monklady123

Yes, in order to update you need to start a new post every day because you can only edit a post within 1 hour of posting.
    Yes, everyone has multiple posts over the course of each round.

You can't edit your post more than 1 hour after you've posted. So, in order to daily post you can either (1) everyday go back to your prior day post and "quote" that post and then update the prior days post with your current daily information, or (2) you can save your prior days information on your computer and then copy that information every day which you then paste when you update on a daily basis.

Hope this helps!
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 4,004 Member
    Options
    @Monklady123, You aren't dumb. It's peculiar to me also that MFP will not allow edits past one hour and REALLY odd that they don't allow you to delete your own posts. Yes, if you update daily, you will have 10 posts.

These instructions are posted on the 1st page of the thread:
    How The HECK Do I Find My Last Post?!

When you want to find your previous posts on any of the MFP forums, at the top of the Community web page, there is a search link 🔍, tap it or click on it. Scroll down to Author, type in your username, scroll down to Search, tap or click on it. All Forums that you participate in will come up with links to your posts.

Also, if there is something that you want to find within a particular thread, scroll to the bottom of the page. Under the last post you will see a box titled, Search discussion. Type in what you are looking for.