JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :neutral: Nearly, but boyfriend brought home fattening chocolate yoghurts and I had one of these rather than the small light yoghurt I had planned to eat. Boyfriend was told off
    - Be in the green :/ -160 due to yoghurt
    - 3+ bottles water :'( Only 2, need to make more effort with this today
    - No alcohol :smile: Even though I was tempted to have a tipple and pretend it was Christmas still!

- Savour every bite :/
    - Monitor fullness after each meal :/
    - Differentiate between hunger, desire and craving :neutral: Didn't really come up, didn't have any
    - Give myself credit! :neutral:

- 30+ minute lunch break :smile:
    - Catch up on emails :smile:
    - Read Beck Diet Solution :smile:
    - Gratitude journal :smile:
    - Lights out by 11 :smile:

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Stay within maintenance calories
    - 3+ bottles water
    - G&T only - NO WINE

- Savour every bite
    - Monitor fullness after each meal
    - Differentiate between hunger, desire and craving
    - Give myself credit!

- 30 minute lunch break
    - Meditate :smile:
    - Sort out to-do list
    - Finish work at 10.45pm
    - Read Beck Diet Solution
    - Train home by

Current calorie balance: 160 in the red
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Haha dont worry everyone, we have finalised our plan for moving out and getting things paid, we've both really bucked up, we were both living on autopilot and now we're in full gear and ready to MAKE the change in our lives rather than wishing omit.

I learnt something very weird, fearing something only makes the problem worse. Fearing I'm losing my house means I'm out of control, when actually I have lots of options, yeah its rubbish but we needed to go anyway so why am o scared?
    so I'm not afraid anymore, I'm not afraid of losing stuff along as I have my family and friends, Im not afraid of people I'm just... not afraid. I feel like I can conquer anything without fear!

I'm wondering if I can apply that to this journey!

Oh Bex ... I almost cried when I read your post! You are one of the bravest woman I know!! SO SO proud of you!! Yes, you are in control!!!! I will be praying for you along this journey, and I know you are going to be OK. Because YOU are in control!

Hugs dear friend ... but in the meantime, if we can do anything at all, please let us know. But know you have a large family here that loves you dearly!

“Fear is the enemy “
    Stay strong you got this
  • atheistred89
    atheistred89 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Not sure where my reply went.

Goals for today:
    -walk 2 miles (did 2.2)
    -do 20 modified push-ups (depends on if my arms have recovered from the day before yesterday)
    - eat less sugar today than I did yesterday
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Wednesday, 1/2/2019)
    1) Go to the gym :)
    2) Log all the food I eat :)
    3) Stay "in the green" with my calorie intake for the day :/
    4) Drink 8 glasses of water before having a Diet Coke :)

JFT (Thursday, 1/3/2019)
    1) Shovel the driveway (fun, fun, fun)
    2) Log all the food I eat
    3) Stay "in the green" with my calorie intake for the day
    4) Drink 8 glasses of water before having a Diet Coke

Hope everyone has a great day!! :smile:
  • kkcruickshank
    kkcruickshank Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Just for today:
    - Snowboard for 2+ hours
    - Drink at least 64oz water
    - Stay within my calorie goals
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Feeling a bit stressed... Like me, hubby returned to work yesterday after our vacation, and he learned his new employer was actually effective Mon. 12/31 (he works 2nd shift at the local VA clinic for a contractor doing building services). We knew a contractor change was pending but were caught completely off guard by the timing. Hubby doesn't know all the details yet, but we know his benefits are definitely impacted, like health insurance and paid vacation/holiday time. He was feeling really down last night when he texted me, plus one person quit & he was doing double-duty again.

Today, he was sleeping when I left for work, and I won't be able to see him over my lunch hour, since I have signed up for the weekly workplace mindful hike. Then he'll be gone when I get home from work. The situation is totally out of my control, and that's when I stress the most. Have been saying my prayers... We know we are blessed in so many ways, and things will be worked out eventually, even if it means a new job. Sorry for the venting, it helps me to share.

Recap W 1/2 ~ first day at work since holidays & lots of emails to clear :#
    1) X-trained (weights/circuit-training) before work / 23 min. :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work / 5 somethings every bathroom trip ~ out of this habit too = Fitbit 9,129 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 boom! & 32 floors :smiley: mostly remembered 5 somethings :D
    3) Meals & usual snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories zero / 14c water = Net calories green 63 :smiley: , sodium -602 :/ , sugar -21 (potato bread, Siggi skyr, fruit/veggies, few peanut M&Ms, 2 Christmas cookies), fiber & protein excellent (yay) & 14c water (yay)
    4) Locate & update JFT weekly w-i post & monthly goals post = done :smiley:
    5) Evening: bake meatloaf & kabocha squash :smiley: / figure out lunch for Th :smiley: leftovers / prep clothes for mindfulness hike on Th :smiley: remembered tech gloves / wash dishes :D didn't want to but thought of JFT list, plus it helped me to stay busy / declutter 15 min. :smiley: digital / other to-do's? :smiley: called cell phone company & resolved technical issue, emailed sister & aunt and arranged celebration of mom's bday later this month, wished niece happy 20th bday, started new s/s for tracking budget/finances
    6) Unplug 9:00 :/ / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / set/verify alarm, bed & tv off 10:30 :/ watched tv later to take my mind off things (no workout before work Th)

JFT R 1/3 ~ Remain calm ~ pray and breathe in, breathe out
    1) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories zero / 14c water
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work / 5 somethings
    3) Workplace mindfulness hike at lunchtime ~ today will be snowshoeing
    4) Evening: boil eggs / put clean dishes away / undecorate real tree, haul to curb & store ornaments / declutter 15 min. / other to-do's?
    5) UNPLUG 9:00 / floss / retainers / set/verify alarm, bed & tv off 10:30 (rest day F)
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Be kind :)
    2. Log all food :)
    3. Eat packed lunch :)
    4. Cook dinner at home :)
    5. Three waters after lunch, another 2 at home :)
    6. Empty/fill dishwasher :)
    7. Derm Apt 2:15 :)
    8. Pick up stove thermometer :)
    9. Town offices visit for stove permit :| Commissioner said we could just print it and have it for when he does inspection, yay small town!

JFT Thursday
    1. Be kind
    2. Remain calm and positive about stove install (DH just contacted me and said it has to sit up a bit so they have to "figure something out for the surround" but hoping the pro's have a fix for it)
    3. WATER this headache away!
    4. Log all food
    5. Book flights
    6. RSVP to wedding
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Love this "spoiler" function ... so decided to also post mine. I would like to encourage everyone to maybe do this? Wouldn't it be fun at the end of the year to see where we have all come ... all that we have learned together.... and we are ALL going to reach our goals.

Weight history, goals for 2019 -- both scale and non-scale goals.

Starting weight

5'11" tall

Year 2017
    Jan 1: 217
    Feb 1: 211
    March 1: 205.4
    April 1: 202.6
    May 1: 204.6
    June 1: 200.4
    July 1: 199.2
    August 1: 195.6
    Sept 1: 192.8
    October 1: 191.8
    November 1: 187.7
    December 1: 193.5

Year 2018
    January 1: 195.5
    Feb 1 : 190.2
    March 1 : 193.6
    April 1: 197.6
    May 1: 197.2
    June 1: 194.6
    July 1: 189.8
    August 1: 190.7
    Sept 1: 194.7
    October 1: 196.6
    November 5: 200.1
    December 3: 200.0
    Dec 15: 207

Every year from Halloween until New Years I seem to gain weight. It is a combination of seasonal depression/ missing loved ones (having lost 4 of my siblings who I was very close to), and just missing the big family get togethers. Upset with myself, but I feel uncontrollable in this ... this is one of my main goals to learn this new year.

Year 2019

January 1, 2019: 206

Non-scale related goals for 2019:
    1. learn how to stop/control binge eating
    2. learn how to manage stress/emotional eating
    3. keep up a gratitude journal everyday
    4. consistently learn and be better at planning meals for the week .... make this a regular thing to do
    5. consistently continue with exercising 5x a week. Be more confident in how I look.
    6. make drinking water a daily habit ... something I have to work at.
    7. Reach my goal weight .... then learn how to maintain it!! -- DO not gain weight at the end of the year!, Food is not to be used as a comfort.

Scale-related goals for 2019:
    Feb: 200
    March: 195
    April: 190 -- 1st Mini Goal in time for our 43rd wedding anniversary!!
    May: 185
    June: 180 -- 2nd mini goal
    July: 175-- 4th of July party at our sons
    August: 170 -- GOAL REACHED!!!!
    Sept and beyond --- Maintain, and if possible goal weight of 165 (which may not be doable, this was what I weighted in high school! But ... wouldn't it be nice!!

I like this idea. I haven’t made any goals for the year really. Thanks to you and this thread I am living and enjoying life One Day at a Time! I will give this some thought though and post some tonight.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Checking in from Wednesday
    1. Therapy exercises. Tea. Meds. Log 1 item. ADDED: Introduce me! :D
    2. Head to Y by 8:15. Zumba. Strength. Notes on exercises. Take keys and go by parents' house and take the mail in. Get milk.
    3. Prep for English I. Choose works? GRADING. Review grocery list with D.
    4. Leave for therapy by 1:15. Send D for groceries while I'm at therapy. Write another blog post. Read Testosterone Rex.
    5. Pay for next class. Need a copy of On Writing. Prep cheese.
    6. Therapy exercises. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10. Alarm set for 5:50.

JFT Thursday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Check in with gastro. Input grades and add points; create spreadsheet. Check on IXL account with math dept.
    3. English II: Set up computer days. Check on Plex. Need to practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Need to practice title capitalization and major/minor title formatting. Need to practice S/V agreement with there is / there are. List of Caesar vocab. Check on syllabus, standards, other supplies.
    4. English I: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles), as well as major vs minor titles. Draft "Battle of the Gods" assignment. Pick up syllabus from printer.
    5. Review assessments. What is my purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options.
    6. Download class website notes and add to draft. Plan article on building up to public speaking for EJ.
    7. Zumba 5:30. Set up the new credit card at the Y. Go to library and pick up book on hold. Cookbook? Finish Testosterone Rex.
    8. Therapy exercises. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. Update Goodreads tomorrow.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    September: 186.4
    October: 185.4
    November: 188.2
    Today: 187.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding.
    2. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Regular: needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    3. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook.
    4. Develop writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts.
    5. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Barn order: stapler, pencil sharpener
    6. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Gifts for dad and DH - look for licorice puffs (Dollar Tree), cookbook. Fix laptop bag. Find a recipe for squash soup that looks good.
    8. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    9. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, Harvey Mansfield, or Robert Adams). Check on alternate translations for The Prince.

Okay, so introduction: I'll be 41 in a few months. I live near Chattanooga, Tennessee, and I love the geography but don't really fit in well with the culture (I am INCREDIBLY liberal/progressive). I'm a high school English teacher and currently about halfway through a Masters program. So a lot of my 2019 goals are "do this after finishing the masters!" I would love to get back to studying coding and programming, as one of my interests is how (or whether) video games can be used effectively in education. And I want to get back to doing more theater. But while I'm prioritizing my career goals, I'm still making family and health a priority as well.

Your posts always exhaust me! LOL. I wanted to comment about video games and education though. My Grandson is in Grade 2 in a 2/3 split. He is quite smart and bores very easily. Even most video games won’t hold his interest and if he doesn’t succeed at something fast enough he gives up. When he started school this year he was given a stand up desk to help him concentrate better and he loves it. He still has a sit down desk in the event he gets tired. He has been talking since September about how much he enjoys math. He is doing multiplication even though they haven’t started learning it in school yet. He has been talking about a math game that he plays and his goal is to beat the teacher. I’m not sure what the game is called, but it’s based on Harry Potter. It is the only game that he talks about consistently and enjoys regularly. So I think video games and education can go hand in hand and help a little of children and teens. I’m no expert though!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Feeling a bit stressed... Like me, hubby returned to work yesterday after our vacation, and he learned his new employer was actually effective Mon. 12/31 (he works 2nd shift at the local VA clinic for a contractor doing building services). We knew a contractor change was pending but were caught completely off guard by the timing. Hubby doesn't know all the details yet, but we know his benefits are definitely impacted, like health insurance and paid vacation/holiday time. He was feeling really down last night when he texted me, plus one person quit & he was doing double-duty again.

Today, he was sleeping when I left for work, and I won't be able to see him over my lunch hour, since I have signed up for the weekly workplace mindful hike. Then he'll be gone when I get home from work. The situation is totally out of my control, and that's when I stress the most. Have been saying my prayers... We know we are blessed in so many ways, and things will be worked out eventually, even if it means a new job. Sorry for the venting, it helps me to share.

Recap W 1/2 ~ first day at work since holidays & lots of emails to clear :#
    1) X-trained (weights/circuit-training) before work / 23 min. :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work / 5 somethings every bathroom trip ~ out of this habit too = Fitbit 9,129 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 boom! & 32 floors :smiley: mostly remembered 5 somethings :D
    3) Meals & usual snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories zero / 14c water = Net calories green 63 :smiley: , sodium -602 :/ , sugar -21 (potato bread, Siggi skyr, fruit/veggies, few peanut M&Ms, 2 Christmas cookies), fiber & protein excellent (yay) & 14c water (yay)
    4) Locate & update JFT weekly w-i post & monthly goals post = done :smiley:
    5) Evening: bake meatloaf & kabocha squash :smiley: / figure out lunch for Th :smiley: leftovers / prep clothes for mindfulness hike on Th :smiley: remembered tech gloves / wash dishes :D didn't want to but thought of JFT list, plus it helped me to stay busy / declutter 15 min. :smiley: digital / other to-do's? :smiley: called cell phone company & resolved technical issue, emailed sister & aunt and arranged celebration of mom's bday later this month, wished niece happy 20th bday, started new s/s for tracking budget/finances
    6) Unplug 9:00 :/ / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / set/verify alarm, bed & tv off 10:30 :/ watched tv later to take my mind off things (no workout before work Th)

JFT R 1/3 ~ Remain calm ~ pray and breathe in, breathe out
    1) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories zero / 14c water
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work / 5 somethings
    3) Workplace mindfulness hike at lunchtime ~ today will be snowshoeing
    4) Evening: boil eggs / put clean dishes away / undecorate real tree, haul to curb & store ornaments / declutter 15 min. / other to-do's?
    5) UNPLUG 9:00 / floss / retainers / set/verify alarm, bed & tv off 10:30 (rest day F)

Hope hubby’s work issues resolve soon!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    So JFT - Wednesday January 2nd
    2L of water - 🙂 yes but I’ve been guzzling too much in the evening which is making for restless sleep
    Calories in Green -🙂🙂🙂 FINALLY!!!!
    Walk 1 Mile - 🙂🙂🙂 I walked 3 miles to Leslie Sansone
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 4/5
    Write in Journal -🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices - 🙂

.So JFT - Thursday January 3rd
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Walk 1 Mile
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

I made myself do a Leslie Samson’s last night rather than just sit and watch tv. I didn’t do the arm movements as strong as I would normally do as my chest is still very sore. Knowing I have no heart or lung conditions is reassuring to start expercisunf again though so I wil build up to where I was.

I updated my excel sheet to start the new year last night. Updating the sheet and seeing in numbers in one location has helped me a lot since April and I want to continue it.

Lauryn, Ryan and the kids were out for supper last night. We bought Michaela a little present to open and I made mini cakes. I didn’t know Ryan was coming and had miscounted anyway so I didn’t have as many as I should have which helped my calorie intake!

Tomorrow I am having the kids for the day and night so that Lauryn can have her “Treat Yo Self” day we gave her as a Christmas present. She is very excited about it so I’m sure we will have the kids before noon! She is also excited about starting a decluttering program. She needs this, she is one to “save” and not throw out. So is Ryan, not a good combination.

I just texted a friend to see if she wants to meet for lunch. I haven’t seen her for a long time.

• toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    @mytime6630 This is for you! Operation Red Cup!!! (I've had to set my glass back on the counter :)
    0sb4b9xp2g85.png
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Round 64 - my 1st Round

2019 GW: 65kg (~145lbs)

Female - 33- 5’5” (165cm)
    OSW: 82kg (180lbs)
    CW: 75.5kg (168lbs)
    UGW: 60-65kg (130-140lbs)

Day/Weight/Comment
    01/03 - 75.5kg
    01/04 -75kg
    01/05 -
    01/06 -
    01/07 -
    01/08 -
    01/09 -
    01/10 -
    01/11 -
    01/12 -

Today I was in a marketing training program from 9:00-5:00pm, so I didn’t snack 👍. I did have a non-diet organic soda, but just one and it fit my calories. After getting home, having some dinner (yay me for putting chicken in the crock pot this morning), and doing bath and bedtime with the boys, I am too tired to workout.
    Recap:
    +No bad snacking
    +AF (Alcohol free)
    +stayed under calories

-Didn’t Workout
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    @mytime6630 This is for you! Operation Red Cup!!! (I've had to set my glass back on the counter :)
    0sb4b9xp2g85.png

Love this --- and this is exactly what my red cup looks like!!!

Do you guys still want monthly challenges??? I forgot about those ... let me know. Maybe Feb we can start back with the monthly challenges?
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    JFT
    1. Drink some/any water! Just do it!!!!
    2. Clean a surface
    3. Log all my food
    4. Do timesheet for work
    5. Do one task I don’t like

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Thursday 3 Jan
    Eat 5 fruit and veg >:) 4 portions
    Drink water >:)
    Stay in the green :)
    Get up in time to walk before work :) :
    Fitbit excercise goals :) but only by running (shuffling) on the spot whilst preparing dinner!
    Tidy 10 things away :)
    Decluttering 10 things
    >:) Failed decluttering again so that's 30 for tomorrow?